MSC signs 5-year commitment with Cruise Saudi...

Stockjock

MSC has a specific FAQ section for the MSC Magnifica cruises from Saudi Arabia.  It confirms alcohol will be available, except when in port.

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/faq/info-red-sea

How will MSC Magnifica guests obtain travel visas for Saudi Arabia, as well as for Egypt and Jordan?
Guests who purchase our fly & cruise package will have a visa for Saudi Arabia valued at £30 per person included in the overall cost. For guests who opt to buy a cruise only they will be responsible to obtain their visa. All guests from countries within the Gulf Cooperation Council countries will not require visas.
Visas to visit Jordan and Egypt on one of our shore excursions will be included in the guest’s holiday package, whether it be fly & cruise or cruise only.

With MSC Magnifica and MSC Virtuosa's itineraries set to call in ports in Saudi Arabia, will you serve alcohol on board?
Yes, alcohol will be available for our guests on board during the winter season in the Red Sea. 

Will you serve alcohol only when MSC Magnifica and MSC Virtuosa are at sea or will it be available when each ship is at berth at a Saudi port?
In respect to the Saudi Law, alcoholic drinks will not be served during the stays in Saudi Arabian ports. Our long list of non-alcoholic drinks will be enriched to offer even more tastier drinking choices when the ship stays in Saudi Arabian ports.

Edited by 8420PR
  • Thanks 1

With no alcohol while in port, I do hope they won't plan any late stays. Because with my dinner I do enjoy a glass or two of fermented grape juice.

Question: Will the red sea be served by MSC year round, or just during the winter months when less capacity is needed in the Med? So far it's been the latter.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

If you remember your first post, I wasn't bothered at all...in fact I tried to *help* you.

But the mods obviously didn't like the thread anymore so instead of leaving it alone, you decided to make a new thread.

Let's leave this board for people who want information on how to sail MSC, *not* for political agendas of *any* type.

Look at my first post, it asks a question?  Which is what these boards are for.  Others are asking about alcohol which is against the law, I am asking about lgbt.  You really are unnecessarily triggered by this..  don’t know why.  

7 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

So you *don't* post about Russia?

And I already answered in the other thread how MSC will protect you...obey local laws and customs. No PDA regardless of orientation.

That answer wasn't good enough for you?

The post was taken down.. I did not see your reply!!!!  

2 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

OK, so now you've seen it...are we good?

If it means you leaving me alone then yes, we are good.  Your aggression in reply to my question is somewhat disturbing.  But thank you, I do not need any further ‘advice’ from you.  

Just now, welshy74 said:

If it means you leaving me alone then yes, we are good.  Your aggression in reply to my question is somewhat disturbing.  But thank you, I do not need any further ‘advice’ from you.  

I answered your Q. I then asked if it was good enough or you wanted more. Not sure why you are taking a threatening tone with me.

No one else gave you an answer.

• 2 months later...