Cruise Itineraries 2023

Zqueeze1

Does anyone know when Regent is planning to release their itineraries for the second half of 2023?  We are anxious to see what will be available for June of 2023 since it will be our 40th anniversary and The Boss is threatening me with severe mental and physical trauma if we do not celebrate our anniversary onboard.  Thanks to all in advance for any info you may provide. 

V/R

Z and TB

3 hours ago, Zqueeze1 said:

Does anyone know when Regent is planning to release their itineraries for the second half of 2023?  We are anxious to see what will be available for June of 2023 since it will be our 40th anniversary and The Boss is threatening me with severe mental and physical trauma if we do not celebrate our anniversary onboard.  Thanks to all in advance for any info you may provide. 

V/R

Z and TB

We have the same question for the same reason, our 50th. Really, really want to celebrate on a Regent ship. 

Well, "normally," we'd expect those cruises to be announced in August.  But with things not normal, who knows?

I expect the major reason for delays in announcing at this point is the uncertainty of exactly when they'll start cruising again because any further cancellations complicate the downstream itineraries.

3 minutes ago, Portolan said:

Well, "normally," we'd expect those cruises to be announced in August.  But with things not normal, who knows?

I expect the major reason for delays in announcing at this point is the uncertainty of exactly when they'll start cruising again because any further cancellations complicate the downstream itineraries.

Scott, I have an alternative reason for delay, after all we are talking about itineraries from April 2023 onward; I believe they need to get a solid date for Grandeur initial sailings and for final Navigator sailings.

Edited by mrlevin

6 minutes ago, Sheltieluv said:

Is Regent getting rid of the Navigator in 2023?  Say it ain't so!☹️

I have no idea; however, Regent needs to have an idea when putting together the 2023 and 2024 itineraries.  

32 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

I have no idea; however, Regent needs to have an idea when putting together the 2023 and 2024 itineraries.  

I, too, am awaiting new itineraries. We want to celebrate 2024 on an Australian cruise, Crossing our fingers for world health!

This is my first post on CC, I have been reading posts on this site for a number of years

but have never gotten around to posting. What I would like to share is that I am from the

UK and recently had to contact Miami and was reliably informed by a senior member

of the Regent team that the new itineraries for 23/24 will be released on the 18th August.

I hope this is helpful to you all and maybe encourage me to contribute more to this

board.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, CruzaCazza said:

This is my first post on CC, I have been reading posts on this site for a number of years

but have never gotten around to posting. What I would like to share is that I am from the

UK and recently had to contact Miami and was reliably informed by a senior member

of the Regent team that the new itineraries for 23/24 will be released on the 18th August.

I hope this is helpful to you all and maybe encourage me to contribute more to this

board.

Hi @CruzaCazza,

Welcome to Cruise Critic and the Regent thread.  Yes, Regent normally gets their next year's itineraries out in August.  We all look forward to hearing about the second half of 2023 and 2024 cruises as soon as possible.  Thanks for the heads up on the Aug 18th date.  

20 hours ago, CruzaCazza said:

board.

I received a call from my Regent rep this week because I saved a cruise on their web site.  I asked him when 2023 would be released and he also told me August 18.

• Like 1

One extra snippet of information regarding 23/24 itineraries which may or may not be true is that

on a UK Cruise website before it was hastily 

removed it listed the Explorers itinerary which showed it will be returning to Alaska in 2024.

Edited by CruzaCazza

I found them:

Seven Seas Explorer's Deployment 2023/24:

21/5 (10 nights): Vancouver - Cruising the Inside Passage - Ketchikan - Juneau - Skagway - Hoonah - Cruising Hubbard Glacier - Sitka - Cruising the Outside Passage - Victoria - Vancouver

31/5 (7 nights): Vancouver (Overnight) - Cruising the Inside Passage - Ketchikan - Hoonah - Sitka - Cruising Hubbard Glacier - Seward

7/6, 21/6, 5/7, 19/7, 2/8, 16/8, 30/8 & 13/9 (7 nights): Seward - Cruising Hubbard Glacier - Sitka - Skagway - Juneau - Ketchikan - Cruising the Inside Passage - Vancouver

14/6, 28/6, 12/7, 26/7, 9/8, 23/8 & 6/9 (7 nights): Vancouver - Cruising the Inside Passage - Ketchikan - Juneau - Skagway - Hoonah - Cruising Hubbard Glacier- Seward

20/9 (18 nights): Vancouver - Cruising the Inside Passage - Ketchikan - Hoonah - Cruising Hubbard Glacier - Seward - Kodiak - At Sea - Dutch Harbor - 4 Days At Sea (Dateline) - Petropavlovsk - 2 Days At Sea - Hakodate - Sendai - Tokyo

9/10 & 20/10 (11 nights): Tokyo - Shimizu - Kobe (Overnight) - Kochi - Hiroshima - Busan - Nagasaki - Kagoshima - At Sea - Tokyo

31/10 (10 nights): Tokyo - Shimizu - Osaka  (Overnight) - At Sea - Naha - Ishigaki Island - Taipei - Kaohsiung - Hong Kong (Overnight)

10/11 (10 nights): Hong Kong - At Sea - Nha Trang - Ho Chi Minh City - At Sea - Kota Kinabalu - Puerto Princessa - Boracay - Manila - At Sea - Hong Kong

20/11 (15 nights): Hong Kong - At Sea - Chan May - Nha Trang - Ho Chi Minh City - At Sea - Bangkok (Overnight) - Ko Samui - At Sea - Singapore - 2 Days At Sea - Benoa/Bali

5/12 (17 nights): Benoa/Bali - Celukan Bawang (Overnight) - Lombok - Komodo Island - At Sea - Darwin - At Sea - Thursday Island - At Sea - Cairns - Townsville - Brisbane - At Sea - Sydney (Overnight)

22/12 (14 nights): Sydney - At Sea - Melbourne - Geelong (Melbourne) - Burnie - 3 Days At Sea - Dunedin - Christchurch - Wellington - Napier - Tauranga - Bay of Islands - Auckland

5/1 (14 nights): Auckland - Bay of Islands - Tauranga - Napier - Wellington - Christchurch - Dunedin - 3 Days At Sea - Burnie - Geelong (Melbourne) - Melbourne - At Sea - Sydney

19/1 (19 nights): Sydney - At Sea - Brisbane - At Sea - Townsville - Cairns - At Sea - Alotau - Port Moresby - 2 Days At Sea - Darwin - At Sea - Komodo Island - Benoa/Bali (Overnight) - 2 Days At Sea - Singapore (Overnight)

7/2 (14 nights): Singapore - At Sea - Ko Samui - Bangkok (Overnight) - Sihanoukville - At Sea - Ho Chi Minh City (Overnight) - Nha Trang - At Sea - Coron - Manila - At Sea - Hong Kong

21/2 (14 nights): Hong Kong - At Sea - Taipei - Ishigaki Island - At Sea - Shanghai (Overnight) - At Sea - Busan - Nagasaki - At Sea - Osaka (Overnight) - Nagoya - Tokyo

6/3 (12 nights): Tokyo - Shimizu - Kyoto (Overnight)- Kochi - Hiroshima - Beppu - Busan - Nagasaki - Kagoshima - At Sea -Tokyo

18/3 (14 nights): Tokyo - Nagoya - Kyoto (Overnight) - Kochi - Beppu - At Sea - Incheon - At Sea - Shanghai (Overnight)- Kagoshima - At Sea - Tokyo

1/4 (12 nights): Tokyo - Shimizu - Kyoto (Overnight) - Kochi - Hiroshima - Beppu - Busan - Nagasaki - Kagoshima - At Sea - Tokyo (Overnight)

13/4 (19 nights): Tokyo - Miyako - 3 Days At Sea - Petropavlovsk - 2(3) Days At Sea (Dateline)- Dutch Harbor - At Sea - Kodiak - Seward - Cruising Hubbard Glacier - Sitka - Ketchikan - Cruising the Inside Passage - Victoria - Vancouver

1/5 (7 nights): Vancouver - Cruising the Inside Passage - Ketchikan - Juneau - Skagway - Hoonah - Cruising Hubbard Glacier- Seward

Edited by SummmerInKefalonia

I did not want to list all of the details I saw as there were a few

errors, as per Regents website the Explorer does not arrive in

Vancouver until the 22nd May 2023. Also, the 13th April 2024

Tokyo to Vancouver itinerary I looked at had the Explorer visiting 

3 ports in Japan. Hitachinaka, Miyako and Otaru.

15 minutes ago, CruzaCazza said:

I did not want to list all of the details I saw as there were a few

errors, as per Regents website the Explorer does not arrive in

Vancouver until the 22nd May 2023. Also, the 13th April 2024

Tokyo to Vancouver itinerary I looked at had the Explorer visiting 

3 ports in Japan. Hitachinaka, Miyako and Otaru.

It's ok to be some mistakes. Maybe the previous itinerary ends up sooner in 21st of May. You never know... That's a big list of itineraries to be all wrong... At least we get an idea where the ship is deployed. Itineraries can change one day before each port visit.

I am booked on the Tokyo to Vancouver cruise on the 5th May 2023 which Regent had recently changed the date to from the 25th April 2023 and have just received the new itinerary and confirmation of the new dates.  That’s why I said initially that

it may or may not be true as the following dates from the Explorer’s arrival in Vancouver did not tally. We will just have to wait and see.

Edited by CruzaCazza
  • Like 1

Hard to imagine Navigator wouldn't be the first to go: oldest, not fully all-balcony, fewer dining venues, etc.  And, yes, I know there are a lot of fans of the Navigator but we aren't among them.  Have sailed on her, but only because the itinerary was unique (Black Sea).

Mariner, on the other hand, is deemed by many to be a favorite ship and is thought by Regent to be attractive enough for the world cruise.  She's our favorite for Alaska because of the easy outdoor forward access from the Observation Lounge for photography.

While we like Explorer a lot, it's worst deficiency (IMO, and copied on Splendor and Grandeur) is no forward outside area which is particularly bad for Alaska or the Norwegian fjords.

Edited by Portolan

6 hours ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

I found them:

Seven Seas Explorer's Deployment 2023/24:

21/5 (10 nights): Vancouver - Cruising the Inside Passage - Ketchikan - Juneau - Skagway - Hoonah - Cruising Hubbard Glacier - Sitka - Cruising the Outside Passage - Victoria - Vancouver

31/5 (7 nights): Vancouver (Overnight) - Cruising the Inside Passage - Ketchikan - Hoonah - Sitka - Cruising Hubbard Glacier - Seward

7/6, 21/6, 5/7, 19/7, 2/8, 16/8, 30/8 & 13/9 (7 nights): Seward - Cruising Hubbard Glacier - Sitka - Skagway - Juneau - Ketchikan - Cruising the Inside Passage - Vancouver

14/6, 28/6, 12/7, 26/7, 9/8, 23/8 & 6/9 (7 nights): Vancouver - Cruising the Inside Passage - Ketchikan - Juneau - Skagway - Hoonah - Cruising Hubbard Glacier- Seward

20/9 (18 nights): Vancouver - Cruising the Inside Passage - Ketchikan - Hoonah - Cruising Hubbard Glacier - Seward - Kodiak - At Sea - Dutch Harbor - 4 Days At Sea (Dateline) - Petropavlovsk - 2 Days At Sea - Hakodate - Sendai - Tokyo

9/10 & 20/10 (11 nights): Tokyo - Shimizu - Kobe (Overnight) - Kochi - Hiroshima - Busan - Nagasaki - Kagoshima - At Sea - Tokyo

31/10 (10 nights): Tokyo - Shimizu - Osaka  (Overnight) - At Sea - Naha - Ishigaki Island - Taipei - Kaohsiung - Hong Kong (Overnight)

10/11 (10 nights): Hong Kong - At Sea - Nha Trang - Ho Chi Minh City - At Sea - Kota Kinabalu - Puerto Princessa - Boracay - Manila - At Sea - Hong Kong

20/11 (15 nights): Hong Kong - At Sea - Chan May - Nha Trang - Ho Chi Minh City - At Sea - Bangkok (Overnight) - Ko Samui - At Sea - Singapore - 2 Days At Sea - Benoa/Bali

5/12 (17 nights): Benoa/Bali - Celukan Bawang (Overnight) - Lombok - Komodo Island - At Sea - Darwin - At Sea - Thursday Island - At Sea - Cairns - Townsville - Brisbane - At Sea - Sydney (Overnight)

22/12 (14 nights): Sydney - At Sea - Melbourne - Geelong (Melbourne) - Burnie - 3 Days At Sea - Dunedin - Christchurch - Wellington - Napier - Tauranga - Bay of Islands - Auckland

5/1 (14 nights): Auckland - Bay of Islands - Tauranga - Napier - Wellington - Christchurch - Dunedin - 3 Days At Sea - Burnie - Geelong (Melbourne) - Melbourne - At Sea - Sydney

19/1 (19 nights): Sydney - At Sea - Brisbane - At Sea - Townsville - Cairns - At Sea - Alotau - Port Moresby - 2 Days At Sea - Darwin - At Sea - Komodo Island - Benoa/Bali (Overnight) - 2 Days At Sea - Singapore (Overnight)

7/2 (14 nights): Singapore - At Sea - Ko Samui - Bangkok (Overnight) - Sihanoukville - At Sea - Ho Chi Minh City (Overnight) - Nha Trang - At Sea - Coron - Manila - At Sea - Hong Kong

21/2 (14 nights): Hong Kong - At Sea - Taipei - Ishigaki Island - At Sea - Shanghai (Overnight) - At Sea - Busan - Nagasaki - At Sea - Osaka (Overnight) - Nagoya - Tokyo

6/3 (12 nights): Tokyo - Shimizu - Kyoto (Overnight)- Kochi - Hiroshima - Beppu - Busan - Nagasaki - Kagoshima - At Sea -Tokyo

18/3 (14 nights): Tokyo - Nagoya - Kyoto (Overnight) - Kochi - Beppu - At Sea - Incheon - At Sea - Shanghai (Overnight)- Kagoshima - At Sea - Tokyo

1/4 (12 nights): Tokyo - Shimizu - Kyoto (Overnight) - Kochi - Hiroshima - Beppu - Busan - Nagasaki - Kagoshima - At Sea - Tokyo (Overnight)

13/4 (19 nights): Tokyo - Miyako - 3 Days At Sea - Petropavlovsk - 2(3) Days At Sea (Dateline)- Dutch Harbor - At Sea - Kodiak - Seward - Cruising Hubbard Glacier - Sitka - Ketchikan - Cruising the Inside Passage - Victoria - Vancouver

1/5 (7 nights): Vancouver - Cruising the Inside Passage - Ketchikan - Juneau - Skagway - Hoonah - Cruising Hubbard Glacier- Seward

Can you post the Mariner and Voyager schedules too?  Can't find them in USA yet.

thanks,

Marc

Why would they get rid of ships simply because they are "old"?  As long as they're periodically updated and maintained, and as long as they continue to cruise fully booked and profitable, there is a very loyal and solid Regent customer "following" for all 3 of the older ships.  I'm sure all 3 ships were fully "paid for" years ago.

The Air Force is still flying 60+ year old B-52's as a nuclear deterrent!  Does everything in the cruise industry always have to be the "latest and greatest" - which doesn't necessarily equate to "better"?  Navigator is less than half the age of (we) "average" Regent cruisers!  🤪

• Like 2