VAC DOCS

NIATPAC29

6 minutes ago, NIATPAC29 said:

Hello all,does anyone know if CCL accepts a Covid vacc record that is mailed to you from the providor? Or is this considered a copy which CCL does not accept per the website

I hope so.  That is all that is provided where we got ours.  My son lost his card but they said they are not allowed to give another card due to fraud, which i totally understand.  They said the best they could do was provide a copy of his shot record which does have the lot #s, date vaccines were administered, provider info & his info

1 hour ago, babygrljaz said:

I hope so.  That is all that is provided where we got ours.  My son lost his card but they said they are not allowed to give another card due to fraud, which i totally understand.  They said the best they could do was provide a copy of his shot record which does have the lot #s, date vaccines were administered, provider info & his info

So your son was originally given a card,and you were given a copy from their records?

3 minutes ago, NIATPAC29 said:

So your son was originally given a card,and you were given a copy from their records?

he lost his card so we went to get a replacement but all they could only give us was a print out, they will not give another card

Edited by babygrljaz
missed a word

9 minutes ago, babygrljaz said:

he lost his card so we went to get a replacement but all they could only give us was a print out, they will not give another card

Have their phone number handy in case Carnival wants to call.

22 hours ago, babygrljaz said:

Hmmmmm...... My daughter lost her original card and was able to get a duplicate at the Publix Pharmacy where she received the vaccine.  It was the same CDC card stock as the original and everything. 

I don't see any reason not to issue a replacement since it would only be of use to someone with the exact same name and birthday.

Her vaccine card is now in a plastic holder and stored safely in our safe along with all of our passports.

Edited by groundloop

Yikes! I just discovered something about my vaccine card. It contains all necessary information, EXCEPT my date of birth! Will that be a game stopper?? Wife & I had our cards laminated 3 months ago, so I can't simply write in the DOB. Opinions please.

10 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Yikes! I just discovered something about my vaccine card. It contains all necessary information, EXCEPT my date of birth! Will that be a game stopper?? Wife & I had our cards laminated 3 months ago, so I can't simply write in the DOB. Opinions please.

Opinion? DON'T laminate the cards. Get 3x4 zip lock badge holders.

Maybe you can get replacement cards? When boosters come along, they will need to write that somewhere. Maybe have your provider's number so they can verify, but I don't see it as a show changer.

• Like 2

Thanks Blerk. You know what they say about hindsight. At the time, we would have never thought that booster shots might be needed. Lesson learned. Yes, we are getting all the phone numbers we can think of. 

1 hour ago, Joe817 said:

See if you can access an official document from your medical provider. If that doesn't work, I found a link to a story out of Texas how how to replace a lost vaccination doc: 

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/nbc-5-responds/how-to-replace-lost-covid-19-vaccination-cards/2618365/

1 minute ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

See if you can access an official document from your medical provider. If that doesn't work, I found a link to a story out of Texas how how to replace a lost vaccination doc: 

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/nbc-5-responds/how-to-replace-lost-covid-19-vaccination-cards/2618365/

Wow! I didn't even think of that! Thanks for taking the time to look it up! 

2 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Call Carnival and ask them.

I don't know how CCL would be able to call your healthcare provider re your vaccine status.  That is protected health information under HIPAA. They can not disclose that over the phone.  Even if you say you waive it, you can't do that over the phone.  You would have to have waived it in writing with the provider ahead of time.  

Elaine, thanks for posting the obvious. I've read over that what you posted at least 20 times. So....what are you saying? I mean really? I don't think I'm missing anything here, but I'm not so proud as to say I've missed something. 

3 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

I don't know how CCL would be able to call your healthcare provider re your vaccine status.  That is protected health information under HIPAA. They can not disclose that over the phone.  Even if you say you waive it, you can't do that over the phone.  You would have to have waived it in writing with the provider ahead of time.  

Therefore, before the cruise he should go to the provider and add Carnival as an entity that can receive his records. And make sure they are aware that they might receive a phone call requesting the information.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Therefore, before the cruise he should go to the provider and add Carnival as an entity that can receive his records. And make sure they are aware that they might receive a phone call requesting the information.

Say now! That's a really good suggestion! I'm going to do just that! Thanks!

Say now! That's a really good suggestion! I'm going to do just that! Thanks!

You're welcome. I hope everything works out for you, and if this ends up helping let us all know after the cruise.

When you complete the vaccination questionnaire, you acknowledge that Carnival can share your answers with public health authorities and medical personnel:

"hereby attest and represent that the answers contained in this health declaration are true, correct, and complete. I understand my responses may be reported to public health authorities and medical personnel on the ship or ashore. I agree and fully acknowledge that providing false, misleading, or incomplete information may cause or contribute to an outbreak and life-threatening illness to certain persons, and will subject me to penalties, including but not limited to, denial of boarding, disembarkation at the first available opportunity at my sole expense, quarantine, suspension of onboard privileges, and/or denial of future bookings. Such deficient information may also make me civilly liable for injuries or losses to persons on board the ship, ashore, or in the communities visited. In the event that false or misleading information is provided on this health declaration, absolutely no refund, Future Cruise Credit nor compensation of any form will be offered in any circumstance. I further understand and acknowledge that willfully providing false or misleading information may lead to criminal fines or imprisonment under federal statutes, including 18 U.S.C. § 1001. I acknowledge that the health information I provide will be relied upon by ship’s staff, medical personnel, fellow passengers and crew, as well as public health officials in the U.S. and the destinations visited; that inaccurate, false or incorrect information could cause or contribute to a public health crisis and potential civil liability for those impacted. I accept my obligation to fully, accurately and truthfully provide all requested information."

15 hours ago, groundloop said:

Hmmmmm...... My daughter lost her original card and was able to get a duplicate at the Publix Pharmacy where she received the vaccine.  It was the same CDC card stock as the original and everything. 

I don't see any reason not to issue a replacement since it would only be of use to someone with the exact same name and birthday.

Her vaccine card is now in a plastic holder and stored safely in our safe along with all of our passports.

They said because there is so much fraud with cards they were not allowed to reissue. I think it was a management decision. I told then the website said they would reissue a card. But they said no best they could do is provide his shot record, which is about 6 pages for only 1 vaccine 🤦‍♀️

11 hours ago, ontheweb said:

That's a very good idea. However, if he just went to one of these drive through vaccination sites, where does he go to do that? I don't have an answer.  Although, I don't know who he would be able to call either...

We got ours at Brookshire Brothers.  I guess I will be looking into this.