Equinox Aug 1, embarkation

cangelmd

3 hours ago, taylortime05 said:

I'll need to set up an appointment.  Since we're retired and hope to be travelling more I'm going to looking in annual travel insurance.  Is that what Kaiser is? 

I’m not Jim, but I can answer your question. Kaiser is medical insurance, not travel insurance. Here’s a link to a great cruise critic thread about travel insurance:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/499-cruisetravel-insurance/

1 hour ago, Silkroad said:

I’m not Jim, but I can answer your question. Kaiser is medical insurance, not travel insurance. Here’s a link to a great cruise critic thread about travel insurance:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/499-cruisetravel-insurance/

It might take a graduate degree in health care administration to fully explain Kaiser Permanente (and other Integrated Delivery Networks)...

But they're definitely not travel insurance!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, taylortime05 said:

I'll need to set up an appointment.  Since we're retired and hope to be travelling more I'm going to looking in annual travel insurance.  Is that what Kaiser is? 

No Kaiser Permanente is one of the largest Managed Health Care providers.   It is headquarted in Oakland, California and has 300,000 employees and 12.5 Million members.     It has hospitals and facilities in  California, Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, Maryland, Oregon, Virginia and Washington.

They were started in 1945 and I love them.     Pretty much one stop and everything is taken care of.    No need to file claims or worry about in network or  out of network  additional charges.   

Edited by Jim_Iain

57 minutes ago, markeb said:

It might take a graduate degree in health care administration to fully explain Kaiser Permanente (and other Integrated Delivery Networks)...

But they're definitely not travel insurance!

I think you must have meant to reply to someone else, because I had just said Kaiser was not travel insurance😊

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

No Kaiser Permanente is one of the largest Managed Health Care providers.   It is headquarted in Oakland, California and has 300,000 employees and 12.5 Million members.     It has hospitals and facilities in  California, Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, Maryland, Oregon, Virginia and Washington.

They were started in 1945 and I love them.     Pretty much one stop and everything is taken care of.    No need to file claims or worry about in network or  out of network  additional charges.   

Sorry Jim for asking such a silly question!  🙂

Don’t know if this has been reported elsewhere - Equinox had one reported positive Covid case, we were informed about 8 pm last night, a second announcement this am, all contacts negative, only one case confirmed. Out of 1200 passengers, that’s about right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cangelmd said:

Don’t know if this has been reported elsewhere - Equinox had one reported positive Covid case, we were informed about 8 pm last night, a second announcement this am, all contacts negative, only one case confirmed. Out of 1200 passengers, that’s about right.

Thanks for the update.

19 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

So the protocol is to test and quarantine contacts or is that only if they test positive.  What I mean is, they aren't canceling an entire cruise because of one person?

8 minutes ago, zitsky said:

So the protocol is to test and quarantine contacts or is that only if they test positive.  What I mean is, they aren't canceling an entire cruise because of one person?

I think contacts are quarantined in their staterooms at least until negative test results are received. Not a big issue since it was the last night. Protocols seemed to have worked

• Like 2

12 hours ago, taylortime05 said:

Sorry Jim for asking such a silly question!  🙂

No question is silly.     With Kaiser only available in a handful of States I'm sure many others also learned from your question.

Like many other HMO's I get my Medicare through their Senior Advantage Policy.