Medallion App Instructions For Android Devices

Daniel A

3 hours ago, AF-1 said:

I don't think people will no longer sail with Princess because they can't get the app to work the first time.  

The ones Princess should be worried about aren't those who couldn't get the app to work the first time (I'm in that category - I was able to get it to work after a call to the support line, and I don't mind carrying my phone around with me onboard), it's the ones like majortom who can't get it to work at all, don't have a smartphone, and/or don't like to carry a phone. Also, my brother-in-law tells me that he and my sister went on a Medallion Class transatlantic 2 years ago - the app was buggy then, and the fact that it's still buggy now is not encouraging. 

50 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

You don't have to walk around with a smartphone/tablet...all the things you mentioned can be accessed on your cabin TV and at the portals that are located throughout the ship.

You can still walk up to a bar to order a drink.

So book everything first thing in the morning before you leave your cabin or have to keep going back or looking for portals to decide what you want to do with no chance of spur of the moment decisions. Sorry not my idea of a relaxing cruise.

4 hours ago, AF-1 said:

If you watched the Aug 2nd Medallion Mondays; the gentleman in the video explains what happens if you don't have all the information completed.  

Could you pls share the URL for that video? The only videos I could find searching for 'youtube medallion on princess' were about a year and a half old, and while they had some real interesting info about using the medallion onboard, there was very little about the app or the checkin process.

I cannot link my booking under my name, but I would like to try looking it up under DW's name.  Now when I open the app, it defaults to my log in.  Does anybody know how I can try to log in under DW's personal info?

3 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I cannot link my booking under my name, but I would like to try looking it up under DW's name.  Now when I open the app, it defaults to my log in.  Does anybody know how I can try to log in under DW's personal info?

Try logging out, then log in again as DW.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, 2 cruises a year said:

Try logging out, then log in again as DW.

This same problem occurred for me - after logging out, try logging in with the booking number and DW's name & bday. In my case, that worked but only showed DW's pic, and logging in with my eMail or the booking number with my name & bday didn't work at all. I called the support line, and it started working a few hours later, showing my pic for the booking but with all my data gone. I reentered all my data, and it's been OK since (fingers crossed). Good luck!

Edited by barrykel

I am having problems entering an Emergency Contact. I have entered a name, phone number, email address and relationship several times, but I am unable to save the contact. What am I doing wrong? It is very frustrating.

1 minute ago, Sunset329 said:

I am having problems entering an Emergency Contact. I have entered a name, phone number, email address and relationship several times, but I am unable to save the contact. What am I doing wrong? It is very frustrating.

Are you sure you entered the +1 prefix? It's in the dropdown on the left, the phone # itself is to the right.

33 minutes ago, barrykel said:

Are you sure you entered the +1 prefix? It's in the dropdown on the left, the phone # itself is to the right.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I owe you a drink. You saved me from hours of frustration. This is why I love this site.

• Like 1

I do not think one spouse needs to log out for the other to sign in.  When I open the app under my username and password I can then navigate thru the app.  If I tap on personal info and documents, it shows both my wife and my pictures with all green checkmarks.  Same holds true for health status.  It showed both my wife and me and we answered the questions.  Under the medallion device it lists both my wife and me.  That being said; I believe you can access both people under one account.  Now when it gets time to board the ship; we will both need QR codes so we may have to each sign into the app.  Also, I used the medallion app back in 2019 on Caribbean Princess, which was first ship to have it.  The app worked very well.  It opened cabin easily, ordered drinks and food around the ship, bought gifts in the onboard store, and tracked my spouse on the ship.  I cannot speak to all the issues people are having in the UK.  I would hope the app works the same no matter what country you're trying to use it in; however, seems like that is not the case.  

25 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

I do not think one spouse needs to log out for the other to sign in.  When I open the app under my username and password I can then navigate thru the app.  If I tap on personal info and documents, it shows both my wife and my pictures with all green checkmarks.  Same holds true for health status.  It showed both my wife and me and we answered the questions.  Under the medallion device it lists both my wife and me.  That being said; I believe you can access both people under one account.  Now when it gets time to board the ship; we will both need QR codes so we may have to each sign into the app.  Also, I used the medallion app back in 2019 on Caribbean Princess, which was first ship to have it.  The app worked very well.  It opened cabin easily, ordered drinks and food around the ship, bought gifts in the onboard store, and tracked my spouse on the ship.  I cannot speak to all the issues people are having in the UK.  I would hope the app works the same no matter what country you're trying to use it in; however, seems like that is not the case.  

From the videos, it looks like you just need the medallion to board. And lots of us in the US are having problems with the app - my latest challenge is that while the app appears to be working fine, the website is now broken - when I login with my eMail, it brings up DW's profile info!! And when I login with her eMail, it also brings up her profile - interestingly, it shows my eMail as the login ID; I strongly suspect that's the problem. I called the support line, got no help, and I'm now holding to escalate to Customer Relations. Not real hopeful.

2 hours ago, barrykel said:

Could you pls share the URL for that video? The only videos I could find searching for 'youtube medallion on princess' were about a year and a half old, and while they had some real interesting info about using the medallion onboard, there was very little about the app or the checkin process.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, barrykel said:

From the videos, it looks like you just need the medallion to board. And lots of us in the US are having problems with the app - my latest challenge is that while the app appears to be working fine, the website is now broken - when I login with my eMail, it brings up DW's profile info!! And when I login with her eMail, it also brings up her profile - interestingly, it shows my eMail as the login ID; I strongly suspect that's the problem. I called the support line, got no help, and I'm now holding to escalate to Customer Relations. Not real hopeful.

Something keeps swapping my, and my wife's email address and cell phone numbers on the web page.  Sign in, and go to Profile Information under My Princess.  You will probably have to go to each of yours.  Hopefully you can correct it there.  Whenever I sign in now, I go there first to make sure things are okay.  It happened again last Friday after our TA booked a cruise for us.  Good Luck

13 minutes ago, 2 cruises a year said:

Hopefully you can correct it there.  

Nope, it won't let you edit the login ID, which is what's causing the problem. I was finally able to get through to medallion support (844-525-0942), and she confirmed the bad login ID and claimed to enter a fix for it; she said it might take 24 hours to take effect, which is not unreasonable. The bad news is that the app is now broken - all the data is gone, and when I try and reenter it, it says Compass is unavailable. She noticed the problem, but she says it might take over a week to fix - we don't sail 'til 12/11, and apparently the team is busy dealing with the problems of folks who' are sailing in the next few weeks. Sadly, it appears the app has now reached what I call 'Whack-a-mole' status (fix one bug and a half dozen other bugs pop up).

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Now when it gets time to board the ship; we will both need QR codes so we may have to each sign into the app.  

But isn't the medallion supposed to replace the boarding pass?  On my Medallion Class cruise in February 2020 I didn't need boarding passes and just tapped the medallion at the security check in the terminal.

Is this something new?

Daniel A you are correct.  All you need is green checks on the app and your medallion will work I was confused with my recent trip to Hawaii where we needed a QR code to enter the state.  Sorry for the confusion.  Barrykel;  I must scratch my head and ask why this is happening to you.  Just now at 0700am Wednesday I logged out of the app and logged in with my wife's credentials.  Everything is fine. She has four out of five green checks as do I.  We sail in 60 days Oct 4th.  No rhyme or reason it works on one smart phone and not another.  Let me ask this question; do you think there are more issues with Android phones verses iphones?  Some good news is you can't get the medallion shipped to your home before the cruise; you will pick them up at the port

Edited by AF-1
  • Like 1

Barrykel,  have you tried resetting your password?  I know you can't change your user Id or your email;  but you can change passwords.  Open the app then at bottom of page it says forgot email or pssword.  From there you can reset password.   

10 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Let me ask this question; do you think there are more issues with Android phones verses iphones? 

We have both platforms at our disposal and I found that some things that I couldn't complete on the Android, I could successfully complete with the IPhone/IPad, for instance, I was not allowed to update emergency contact with the Android but the IPad update worked fine.  In my opinion, the IPhone app simply runs more smoothly and is more consistent.

5 minutes ago, kitty2264 said:

We have both platforms at our disposal and I found that some things that I couldn't complete on the Android, I could successfully complete with the IPhone/IPad, for instance, I was not allowed to update emergency contact with the Android but the IPad update worked fine.  In my opinion, the IPhone app simply runs more smoothly and is more consistent.

kitty2264;  that does not surprise me.  Apple has three times the number of apps available than Androids do.  So, it makes sense the developers keep the apple apps updated more frequently.  Plus, apple inspects all the apps used on their devices.  They want to make sure they work properly without slowing the iphone/ipad down when using the app.  Good luck and thanks for your feedback. 

4 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Barrykel,  have you tried resetting your password?  I know you can't change your user Id or your email;  but you can change passwords.  Open the app then at bottom of page it says forgot email or pssword.  From there you can reset password.   

As I suspected, that had absolutely no effect - signing in with my eMail still brings up DW's account. What actually (sort of) worked was creating a new account with another one of my eMail addresses; that actually brings up all my existing profile information and cruise info. However, it didn't fix the basic problem in that DW's profile still listed my first eMail address as the login ID. I was able to get through to a support rep on the medallion support line, who claimed to fix the issue but indicated that it might take a few hours to propagate. Unfortunately, it's been almost 24 hours and the issue is still there. They may actually be working on it - initially, the app was totally broken after the call, with all our data gone and giving an error message if I attempted to reenter it; that's now working. I'll wait another day or so, then call them again if it's still broken. 

4 hours ago, AF-1 said:

kitty2264;  that does not surprise me.  Apple has three times the number of apps available than Androids do.  So, it makes sense the developers keep the apple apps updated more frequently.  Plus, apple inspects all the apps used on their devices.  They want to make sure they work properly without slowing the iphone/ipad down when using the app.  Good luck and thanks for your feedback. 

Also the fact that Apple controls the entire environment makes things a lot easier. There are over a dozen Android phone manufacturers, with different hardware architectures and highly varying policies wrt OS updates for older phones.

barrykel,  you are right; Apple is the big Kahuna.  Getting back to your app issue.  You mentioned creating a new account using a different email.  Can you also do that for your wife's account?  Hope you can.  I own apple and Microsoft products.  Good luck

45 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

barrykel,  you are right; Apple is the big Kahuna.  Getting back to your app issue.  You mentioned creating a new account using a different email.  Can you also do that for your wife's account?  Hope you can.  I own apple and Microsoft products.  Good luck

Well, I was able to create a new account for DW, and it made things a lot worse. Now when I login to her old account, it brings up the new account (with her new login ID), and my old login now brings up her new account. And the app has lost all of my data, and shows a 'Compass is Currently Unavailable' error when I try and reenter it (tho it shows DW's data fine when I login with her account). 

56 minutes ago, barrykel said:

Well, I was able to create a new account for DW, and it made things a lot worse. Now when I login to her old account, it brings up the new account (with her new login ID), and my old login now brings up her new account. And the app has lost all of my data, and shows a 'Compass is Currently Unavailable' error when I try and reenter it (tho it shows DW's data fine when I login with her account). 

wow that is bad.  my only suggestion and who knows if this will work.  Close out the app completely;  clear out all the cache on your phone;  reboot phone and try and log into the app.  Something makes me think you still have a bad cluster somewhere in the app;  and maybe clearing out cache on phone and reboot will clean it all up.  One can only hope