Antigen tests

mgmigs

On 8/3/2021 at 3:15 PM, curtsfan said:

I actually called Celebrity & was told they would accept the rapid result test-antigen from CVS.  Thsts where I’m going.  The problem with the Naat test is that there is no guarantee that you will get the results in 1 or 2 days. 

good stuff

On 8/3/2021 at 7:12 PM, DWhit said:

I just had a rapid COVID test from Walgreens yesterday.  I had to schedule it the day before.  I got the results via email within 3 hours.  It came from a lab called PWN, and had pdf’s of certificates for printing out attached.  My health insurance covered all costs.  It was self administered at the Walgreens drive thru window.   Very easy process.   I am planning on using this again for our Equinox cruise in September, if requirements stay the same.

Did you have the rapid ID NOW test at Walgreens?    From what I understand, that is not a PCR or Antigen test, so I don't know how that will be received at the port.    In my area, that is the only rapid test I've been able to find within a reasonable drive from my home.   Anxious for feedback from those sailing soon.

On 8/3/2021 at 2:33 PM, dglass4321 said:

I just got an E-mail from Celebrity informing me of the new requirement for a negative Covid test to be perform no earlier than 72 hours of boarding. Our boarding date 16 August 15, 2021.  My problem is that we fly in to Ft. Lauderdale on August 13th.  Tring to get it on the 12th would be risky in case we didn't get the results back before our flight.  We plan on getting tested this week just in case one or both of us tested positive we wouldn't have waisted the money by flying to Florida just to get denied boarding.  Regardless of all that, does anyone know if there are testing sites there at the terminal?  I'd think that since Royal Caribbean also requires a test that pop up sites would be pretty frequent in the area.  Anyone has any information or thoughts on this? 

You might want to check with your testing site.   All that I have seen give you your results via a secure portal that can be accessed via a smart phone or PC so if you get a rapid test you should be ok.  

I just had a PCR on Monday for a different reason and it took 52 hours for my negative results to show up.    I think I would have been panicking if I were already airborne and had not received my results. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, choochella said:

Hubby and I just booked an antigen test from CVS as a “sample test” just to see what is all involved. If all goes well, we will book another for our September 5 Equinox cruise. 

I did a trial PCR test Monday as it was required by my dentist and it took just about 50 hours to get my results back.   Even with an appointment there were about 200 cars on 4 lines and it took about 30 minutes waiting time after my  appointment time.

I have had 2 previous tests and one took 12 hours about 6 seeks ago and another 3 weeks ago took almost exactly 24 hours.   On these tests there were no lines at all at the testing facility.

17 minutes ago, choochella said:

Hubby and I just booked an antigen test from CVS as a “sample test” just to see what is all involved. If all goes well, we will book another for our September 5 Equinox cruise. 

I'll be booking that same test for us on 8/11 for our 8/27 Equinox so I'll be curious to hear about your sample test. 

18 hours ago, cruisewiththekids said:

Did you have the rapid ID NOW test at Walgreens?    From what I understand, that is not a PCR or Antigen test, so I don't know how that will be received at the port.    In my area, that is the only rapid test I've been able to find within a reasonable drive from my home.   Anxious for feedback from those sailing soon.

Thanks for the heads up. To be honest, I thought PCR and Antigen were the only two types of test, so I assumed the ID NOW was an antigen.  It didn’t make any difference this time because I just took the test to protect a friend going thru Chemo, but my plan may not work for the cruise in September.

To further complicate things, when I asked at the Walgreens if the Rapid ID Now test was an antigen test, they told me yes.  And I believe I was speaking with the actual pharmacist.   That didn't seem right to me according to the little I had read about it, and after reading further, it appears they gave me bad information.    So beware of taking anyone's word for what you are getting or what will be accepted at the port.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cruisewiththekids said:

To further complicate things, when I asked at the Walgreens if the Rapid ID Now test was an antigen test, they told me yes.  And I believe I was speaking with the actual pharmacist.   That didn't seem right to me according to the little I had read about it, and after reading further, it appears they gave me bad information.    So beware of taking anyone's word for what you are getting or what will be accepted at the port.

it is molecular and supposed to be very accurate.  See there are two types of quick tests that are available at pharmacies but different words explaining them are being used.  NAAT is also used too

I have seen more confusion on tests name just in the last 2-3 days since all the line are now requiring them.  Something has got to give in order to resolve the confusion.  Go on to www.health.com as that site seems to make sense to me.

On 8/1/2021 at 6:06 PM, mgmigs said:

Has anyone found a place that does antigen tests? Most CVS and Walgreens do not have antigen….. the rapid they offer is “naat”

We have rapid antigen test scheduled for next week at CVS for our Aug 21st sailing on the Edge.  

• 2 weeks later...

Here's what Celebrity emailed to us about our upcoming Alaska cruise on 8/27/21; it's also posted on the FAQs section of their website.  Basically, they want you to take a test that you cannot cheat on:

If your sailing requires a pre-cruise test, here are some details about the kind of test you’ll need.

Accepted Types of Tests and Results

• There are two common types of diagnostic COVID-19 tests and we accept either one: 
    • A molecular test, also called a PCR test or NAAT test
    • An antigen test, also called a rapid antigen test
  • The test must be supervised by a health professional, such as a doctor, pharmacy technician, public health worker, or telehealth representative.
  • You must receive a valid results document from your test provider that includes provider name, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your negative result. This can be a printed document, email, or telehealth app notification. Handwritten doctor’s notes will not be accepted.
  • Telehealth testing at home is only accepted when it meets certain guidelines. See below.

Tests We Do Not Accept

• Antibody tests are not accepted, as they do not detect a current infection.
  • Home test kits that are self-administered at home, and not supervised live by a telehealth professional, are also not accepted.

More on Telehealth Testing

Telehealth self-tests taken at home under supervision must meet these requirements:

• The test must have Emergency Use Authorization from the U.S. FDA.
  • The self-test process must happen under live supervision on a video call with a telehealth representative.
  • The telehealth provider must issue you a result document that includes all the necessary information.
  • Two tests that meet these parameters are the Abbott BinaxNow COVID-19 Ag Card Test available through the Abbott Navica app, or the eMed Covid-19 Test with Video Observation Services.

More on Abbott Brand Tests

Abbott tests have become a popular and commonly available COVID-19 test brand. Here’s what’s acceptable.

• Any Abbott brand test administered on site by a pharmacy technician or other health professional is accepted. They must provide you with a proper results document (no handwritten notes).
  • The Abbott BinaxNow COVID-19 Ag Card Test, which is taken at home and supervised by a telemedicine professional, is accepted. It must be taken under live video supervision.
  •  The Abbott BinaxNow COVID-19 Antigen Self-Test, which is taken at home and not supervised by a medical professional, is NOT accepted.

Where and When to Get Your Test

Most local pharmacy chains offer COVID-19 Testing and most county or state websites can help you find a local public testing site. You can also go to a doctor’s office, diagnostic lab, or telehealth provider to get your test.

Some additional things to keep in mind when scheduling your test:

• For sailings that require a pre-cruise test, you will be asked to take the test no more than three days before your sail date. How to calculate “three days before”: The day you set sail is not included as one of the days. So for example, if you are setting sail on a Saturday, you can take your test on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday before. 
  • Make sure that your selected test provider can provide you a valid results document in time for your travel. 

Providing Your Results On Departure Day

You will present your negative test result at the terminal upon boarding. Print out your results for easy access, as you may need to present it at various points. We will also accept a valid results document presented on your phone.

If you receive a positive test result on your pre-cruise test, please call us at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide so we may assist with rescheduling your cruise vacation plans.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Patagonia Pals said:

Here's what Celebrity emailed to us about our upcoming Alaska cruise on 8/27/21; it's also posted on the FAQs section of their website.  Basically, they want you to take a test that you cannot cheat on:

If your sailing requires a pre-cruise test, here are some details about the kind of test you’ll need.

Accepted Types of Tests and Results

• There are two common types of diagnostic COVID-19 tests and we accept either one: 
    • A molecular test, also called a PCR test or NAAT test
    • An antigen test, also called a rapid antigen test
  • The test must be supervised by a health professional, such as a doctor, pharmacy technician, public health worker, or telehealth representative.
  • You must receive a valid results document from your test provider that includes provider name, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your negative result. This can be a printed document, email, or telehealth app notification. Handwritten doctor’s notes will not be accepted.
  • Telehealth testing at home is only accepted when it meets certain guidelines. See below.

Tests We Do Not Accept

• Antibody tests are not accepted, as they do not detect a current infection.
  • Home test kits that are self-administered at home, and not supervised live by a telehealth professional, are also not accepted.

More on Telehealth Testing

Telehealth self-tests taken at home under supervision must meet these requirements:

• The test must have Emergency Use Authorization from the U.S. FDA.
  • The self-test process must happen under live supervision on a video call with a telehealth representative.
  • The telehealth provider must issue you a result document that includes all the necessary information.
  • Two tests that meet these parameters are the Abbott BinaxNow COVID-19 Ag Card Test available through the Abbott Navica app, or the eMed Covid-19 Test with Video Observation Services.

More on Abbott Brand Tests

Abbott tests have become a popular and commonly available COVID-19 test brand. Here’s what’s acceptable.

• Any Abbott brand test administered on site by a pharmacy technician or other health professional is accepted. They must provide you with a proper results document (no handwritten notes).
  • The Abbott BinaxNow COVID-19 Ag Card Test, which is taken at home and supervised by a telemedicine professional, is accepted. It must be taken under live video supervision.
  •  The Abbott BinaxNow COVID-19 Antigen Self-Test, which is taken at home and not supervised by a medical professional, is NOT accepted.

Where and When to Get Your Test

Most local pharmacy chains offer COVID-19 Testing and most county or state websites can help you find a local public testing site. You can also go to a doctor’s office, diagnostic lab, or telehealth provider to get your test.

Some additional things to keep in mind when scheduling your test:

• For sailings that require a pre-cruise test, you will be asked to take the test no more than three days before your sail date. How to calculate “three days before”: The day you set sail is not included as one of the days. So for example, if you are setting sail on a Saturday, you can take your test on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday before. 
  • Make sure that your selected test provider can provide you a valid results document in time for your travel. 

Providing Your Results On Departure Day

You will present your negative test result at the terminal upon boarding. Print out your results for easy access, as you may need to present it at various points. We will also accept a valid results document presented on your phone.

If you receive a positive test result on your pre-cruise test, please call us at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide so we may assist with rescheduling your cruise vacation plans.

Still hard to fathom cheating on something like this.  It takes all kinds, I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2021 at 6:06 PM, mgmigs said:

Has anyone found a place that does antigen tests? Most CVS and Walgreens do not have antigen….. the rapid they offer is “naat”

Not all CVSs do the Covid tests, but the CVSs that have Minute Clinics do.  Do a search for CVS Minute Clinic in whatever city you want to take the test.  The Celebrity Cruises website has this:

"All guests two years of age and older, regardless of vaccination status, will now be required to present a negative RT-PCR or Antigen test taken within three days of embarkation for sailings departing through October 1, 2021. Unvaccinated: All unvaccinated children 2 to 11 years old must arrive to the terminal with a negative COVID-19 test result and complete a complimentary COVID-19 test at the terminal. Registration is required in advance for the terminal test."

We plan to schedule an antigen test at CVS for our September 25th Summit cruise! We will be in Orlando day before boarding in Miami. Hopefully we will be able to get an appointment.

As a backup we ordered the BinaxNOW Home Covid test yesterday and received it this afternoon!

We're on Skye Princess 11/27.  Thanks to the CDC shortening the testing period our test dates would be Thanksgiving and Black Friday.  Those are our travel days.  Our best chance at this point is having Princess do it on Black Friday.  They are supposedly working to set up testing sites at their embarkation ports.

4 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

We're on Skye Princess 11/27.  Thanks to the CDC shortening the testing period our test dates would be Thanksgiving and Black Friday.  Those are our travel days.  Our best chance at this point is having Princess do it on Black Friday.  They are supposedly working to set up testing sites at their embarkation ports.

yea the two day testing has caused a lot of grief.If you can do the home teletest because if you test positive, then you have to isolate during the holidays in a hotel for a few days or a week.

Best to test on Thursday early in the am via home tests that use 3 med.