Specialty Dining Package Dress Code

12 hours ago, cindivan said:

It’s so simple. Wear what makes you happy and let others think what they want.  (At least at places that don’t have an enforced dress code). Life is too short. 

Can we still point and laugh? Asking for a friend... 

I've come to realize over the years that the days of hats and gloves when going downtown in the afternoon are long over. I do wish that I didn't have to see people's underwear and personal parts and that pajamas and robes were kept to the cabin. 

3 hours ago, MommaBear55 said:

Can we still point and laugh? Asking for a friend... 

I've come to realize over the years that the days of hats and gloves when going downtown in the afternoon are long over. I do wish that I didn't have to see people's underwear and personal parts and that pajamas and robes were kept to the cabin. 

I prefer simple raised eyebrows with a side glance to “interesting choices” others make. But honestly nothing offends me or bothers me as far as clothing choices people make. I don’t want to spend the time or mental energy on things I can’t control. 

Correction. Racist or sexist sayings or symbols on clothing/hats does bother me.   But I don’t see that much on cruises I that I remember. 

• Like 2

Coming from someone who enjoys formal attire and semi formal attire even when not required; I would love to hear the opinion of someone who is seriously offended but what someone else choses to wear to dinner? Why even bother bringing negativity into your own vacation because the person 4 tables over has a hat on? Does that really affect your dining experience in any way?

• Like 6

WOW!  This didn't really go the way I expected.  I was trying to save my husband from feeling out of place, yet comfortable.  He prefers nice shorts rather than pants but would wear them if needed.  However, I realized that I don't (neither would he) care what any person that was as judgmental as a few of you are really think.   My goodness.  Where someone is from, or how they dress, most certainly tells you nothing about their character.  Yet those who seem to dress appropriately pick on and name call others.  All I can say is WOW!  That tells me a lot about YOUR character.  

Thanks to those who responded to the original question.  Much appreciated!

HAPPY CRUISING!!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, cruise luvr said:

WOW!  This didn't really go the way I expected.  I was trying to save my husband from feeling out of place, yet comfortable.  He prefers nice shorts rather than pants but would wear them if needed.  However, I realized that I don't (neither would he) care what any person that was as judgmental as a few of you are really think.   My goodness.  Where someone is from, or how they dress, most certainly tells you nothing about their character.  Yet those who seem to dress appropriately pick on and name call others.  All I can say is WOW!  That tells me a lot about YOUR character.  

HAPPY CRUISING!!

You mean you did not know that people judge each other by how they look, and in what situation they are?  Dinner for formal night, may not be a tux, but if you wear day/beach wear, of course it becomes a judging show.  Actually it has already been proven that the way a person dresses does reflect on ones character.  

I just made the statement not be judged because I made the statement, just pointing out the facts of society.  Whether you agree or not, it is a fact.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cruise luvr said:

HAPPY CRUISING!!

I believe the specialty restaurants have dress code spelled out online, each can be different..your Husband should feel comfortable following these guidelines.  

Can’t believe I read 4 pages and no one mentioned this..

Edited by PTC DAWG