9/6 Summit

Mkripke

I am currently booked on this cruise and on FB i have heard both that the cruise has been cancelled for low bookings and closed because it has reached maximum bookings. does anyone know which is correct?

33 minutes ago, lovrccl said:

9/11 wasn't showing today either.

If I do a search for Sept cruises out of Miami, it's still there but when Celebrity emails promotions for short Caribbean cruises, it doesn't show up.  If they are going to cancel these cruises, I wish they would do it sooner rather than later so everyone can adjust their plans.

I just got off the phone with a Celebrity agent, who told me the 9/6 trip is not cancelled. She stated that it no longer shows up on the website because there are no more cabins available.

I was monitoring the number of available cabins frequently last week, as I was considering upgrading. I looked at all categories, just to get an idea of the number of passengers. Based on what I saw, I guestimate that only 15-20% of the cabins per booked, all categories.

So, if what I was just told it true, Celebrity planned for a very small percentage of passengers on this sailing.

I did the same for the 9/2 sailing and it appeared to me as if they were not even attempting to sell and deck 2 or 3 cabins.  Based on the other available cabins I figured a 30-35% occupancy.  However, there may have been other blocks of rooms that they never made available to book.

2 minutes ago, lovrccl said:

Maybe with the rising number of Covid cases they are keeping ships to a minimum. Works for me!

14 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan said:

I did the same for the 9/2 sailing and it appeared to me as if they were not even attempting to sell and deck 2 or 3 cabins.  Based on the other available cabins I figured a 30-35% occupancy.  However, there may have been other blocks of rooms that they never made available to book.

It is difficult to get a percentage because it appears that large blocks of cabins on the 9/11 sailing were also blocked off.  This makes sense if they are not going to fully staffed.

5 hours ago, WhiteSoxFan said:

9/11 is there.  We are booked on the 9/2 4 nighter and it also doesn't appear on the X booking site.  I had figured, based on some prior research that is was about 35% full.

Have you been able to select a check in time and have they sent you an email about getting tested within 72 hours of when you check in?  So far I haven't heard of anyone on these shorter cruises being able to complete their check in time. 

14 hours ago, MartinsCruise said:

Have you been able to select a check in time and have they sent you an email about getting tested within 72 hours of when you check in?  So far I haven't heard of anyone on these shorter cruises being able to complete their check in time. 

So far no one here on the boards has said they have been able to get a check in time. I checked mine this morning, still nothing.

I am booked on the 8/28 repositioning from St. Maarten to Ft. Lauderdale.  I checked in about three weeks ago and printed our boarding passes.  They are showing up on my ap at this point in time but the cruise is definitely gone from the Celebrity website.  SIGH....if I learn anything, I'll share the info.  It's just a waiting game at this point.

We are also on the 8/21 sailing and that is still showing available for sale.  

Fingers crossed that these sailings will really take place!

• Like 1

As of this morning the Sept 11th cruise is not showing as available either.  From what I could see the bookings were sparse so I can't believe that they reached their limit.  Yesterday we decided to cancel this one and just keep our Sept 17 Equinox cruise.  It would have been difficult getting testing done with only one day in between sailings and I wasn't comfortable spending extra time traveling around FL right now.  I hope your cruises still go through. 🤞

47 minutes ago, MartinsCruise said:

As of this morning the Sept 11th cruise is not showing as available either.  From what I could see the bookings were sparse so I can't believe that they reached their limit.  Yesterday we decided to cancel this one and just keep our Sept 17 Equinox cruise.  It would have been difficult getting testing done with only one day in between sailings and I wasn't comfortable spending extra time traveling around FL right now.  I hope your cruises still go through. 🤞

I don't blame you! Happy cruising.

My comment was about people who have been calling Celebrity in the last week or so asking why it's not on the Web have been being told no problem it's sailing it's just undergoing inventory maintenance.

That response is usually the kiss of death for a sailing.   In almost every case after being told this the cruise is subsequently cancelled for charter, dry dock, re-deployment etc.

• Like 1