Online check in

kevboy

Hello everyone.

Please can anyone tell me exactly what is involved with checking in online?  I understand that credit card details are requested. Do we have to upload photos of ourselves or is it still taken at embarkation?  how soon ( or how late) is the checking in done please.

many thanks kevin

29 minutes ago, kevboy said:

Hello everyone.

Please can anyone tell me exactly what is involved with checking in online?  I understand that credit card details are requested. Do we have to upload photos of ourselves or is it still taken at embarkation?  how soon ( or how late) is the checking in done please.

many thanks kevin

The online check in involves adding your passport details, your insurance details (who your insurance is with, emergency contact number etc), debit or credit card number, contact name and telephone of a relative in case of emergency and your photograph which can be from your laptop of photo on your phone. But when we went on a Britannia staycation in July they took our photos again at the check in desk.  

We're on Iona on Saturday and checked in and printed everything off last week. 

It is 3 weeks tomorrow until we board Britannia. On the website it says that check in, boarding cards and luggage labels are available 3 weeks in advance of the cruise. We have our cabin number. Has anyone actually had the email to check in 3 weeks before or is it much closer to departure? 

On 8/7/2021 at 2:41 PM, bobstheboy said:

Just checked in for our Iona 28th August cruise. Fairy easy on laptop, photo was easy, through laptop webcam. All printed off, boarding passes, e tickets and luggage labels. Only 3 weeks to wait !

I’m struggling to print luggage labels and e tickets even though I’ve added all the info required. Any advice?

21 minutes ago, sandancer said:

I’m struggling to print luggage labels and e tickets even though I’ve added all the info required. Any advice?

I saved the e-ticket and label pdf files and printed them later

16 hours ago, sandancer said:

Thanks. I have been able to print the boarding passes but the e ticket and luggage labels are not highlighted so when I click on them nothing happens. Can’t work out where I’m going wrong. 

I have the same issue for our 21/8 Iona departure for over a week now.

Finally got through to P&O this morning. Very helpful lady I spoke double-checked with the IT Dept as she couldn't see why I couldn't access them either. They say is being caused by my TA.

So another hour on the phone to get through to my TA. They claimed that they are waiting for P&O to 'release' the tickets/luggage labels to them so they can email them to me. I should get them 3/4 days before departure!

A fiasco all round...

P&O did tell me however, that as I have checked in and have printed off the boarding pass I don't need the e-ticket and I can always get luggage labels at the terminal if need be. 

• Like 1

On 8/7/2021 at 2:41 PM, bobstheboy said:

Just checked in for our Iona 28th August cruise. Fairy easy on laptop, photo was easy, through laptop webcam. All printed off, boarding passes, e tickets and luggage labels. Only 3 weeks to wait !

We are on Iona on 4th September. I hope we don't get the check in email for a few days yet as we are currently on Britannia. These staycation cruises end soon, so it looks like just the 3 for us.🛳️

Edited by zap99

I have managed to print both e docs and luggage labels by enabling pop ups on my iPad. It does actually tell you on the check in email to do this but I just totally missed it. Try doing the same. Had no problem printing once I did that. Feel a fool for not noticing it in the first place. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We are on Iona on 4th September. I hope we don't get the check in email for a few days yet as we are currently on Britannia. These staycation cruises end soon, so it looks like just the 3 for us.🛳️

Can you confirm that there is a Gala night on Britannia.? Hope so. We like to dress up on cruises. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Can you confirm that there is a Gala night on Britannia.? Hope so. We like to dress up on cruises. 

Yes there is. This is our second staycation on Britannia. Gala night on both.

1 hour ago, sandancer said:

I have managed to print both e docs and luggage labels by enabling pop ups on my iPad. It does actually tell you on the check in email to do this but I just totally missed it. Try doing the same. Had no problem printing once I did that. Feel a fool for not noticing it in the first place. 

Unfortunately that isn't my issue. 

The e-ticket & luggage label icons are both 'greyed out' & if I hover the cursor over them I get "Not yet available''

My E-ticket & luggage label came via the TA I booked the crusie through. I thought this might be the case when I saw the e-ticket & luggage labels not light up after I had done the check in. So I phoned them up about it to confirm and they said it would be coming through 7-10 days before embarkation. Got them 6 days before I go. Having said that they're TA logooed luggage labels, so that should be interesting to see if / how the baggage handlers handle it.