Aug 7th W-E-W Caribbean Edge Cruise - B3B

Ken the cruiser

56 minutes ago, luvthebeach703 said:

Ken, already miss you being onboard/following live post. it is probably posted somewhere already but what time is the afternoon tea in the retreat lounge again? Did you mix it up between there and afternoon treats in the room? was there a favorite?

We never went to afternoon tea because it was from 3 to 4:30, if I remember correctly, and we usually ate at 5:30 pm.

13 minutes ago, countess5 said:

Ken

the dogs are still on board! 😩
I know why you spent 3 weeks on this ship. Thinking about staying on for another week! Have to let them know by Tuesday night.  
Stay tuned! 😂

Cheers! 

Is by chance Jason Bishop the guest Illusionist on this leg like he was last week?

Hi Ken! You were right about telling us we will enjoy the ship! The ship is stunning, the food in Luminae amazing, and the service unmatched. Just FYI, the Cruise Director told us there are 1083 passengers on this 8/28 sailing. There are no passengers under 12 and everyone is vaccinated! She said it was a first!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CruisinBanka said:

Hi Ken! You were right about telling us we will enjoy the ship! The ship is stunning, the food in Luminae amazing, and the service unmatched. Just FYI, the Cruise Director told us there are 1083 passengers on this 8/28 sailing. There are no passengers under 12 and everyone is vaccinated! She said it was a first!

Cool! That is great news!! You are going to have such a great time. If you want a cool place to sit in the theater where you get a table and have a great view, while having a nice separation from other folks, picture where Statler and Waldorf would sit (on deck 5) in a theater! If someone is already sitting there, the same setup is on the other side as well. 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Cool! That is great news!! You are going to have such a great time. If you want a cool place to sit in the theater where you get a table and have a great view, while having a nice separation from other folks, picture where Statler and Waldorf would sit (on deck 5) in a theater! If someone is already sitting there, the same setup is on the other side as well. 😎

I love your secret tips. I sail on Saturday!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks Ken! I took your recommendation, as we were feeling a little uncomfortable sitting in the balcony for the comedy show on embarkation day, as nobody was really social distancing. We sat where you suggested tonight for the production show and loved it. It will be our “go to” seat for the next 12 nights! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CruisinBanka said:

Thanks Ken! I took your recommendation, as we were feeling a little uncomfortable sitting in the balcony for the comedy show on embarkation day, as nobody was really social distancing. We sat where you suggested tonight for the production show and loved it. It will be our “go to” seat for the next 12 nights! 

Cool! I'm glad you were able to find it. It's not for everybody, but we felt very comfortable there. 😎

5 hours ago, CruisinBanka said:

Yipppeeee!  Have too much fun!!!!!!

Edited by graphicguy

31 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Well, if he's not performing on this cruise, then that totally shoots my theory down the drain. But, if nothing else, it was fun speculating. 😎

Ken, I am having Ken the cruiser cruise updates withdrawal today, not a good way to start a Monday.  😗

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Ken, I am having Ken the cruiser cruise updates withdrawal today, not a good way to start a Monday.  😗

Me too!  But just imagine the withdrawal that Ken the cruiser must be going through right about now😉

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, jcpc said:

Me too!  But just imagine the withdrawal that Ken the cruiser must be going through right about now😉

Actually, we're filling the void this morning by booking a family cruise for July 2023. Nothing like booking a new cruise to get the old blood flowing! 😎

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Actually, we're filling the void this morning by booking a family cruise for July 2023. Nothing like booking a new cruise to get the old blood flowing! 😎

I have two booked for 2022, May & October.  Can only do one though, insert sad face, I looked at both planners all weekend trying to decide which one to take and which to cancel.  I may just need to toss a coin!  Happy 2023 planning!!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

You're way ahead of me.  After my September 4 Edge cruise, I have 10 nights on the Summit in November.  In 2022 I've got three booked (2 on Summit and 1 on Beyond).  But I have not even started to think about 2023 yet.  Hmmmm......maybe I should!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jcpc said:

You're way ahead of me.  After my September 4 Edge cruise, I have 10 nights on the Summit in November.  In 2022 I've got three booked (2 on Summit and 1 on Beyond).  But I have not even started to think about 2023 yet.  Hmmmm......maybe I should!!

The reason we book so far out is that X and other cruise lines seem to give the best deals when they first release they’re itineraries. Then, later on if they go down in price or short term promotions pop up, we refare them. If they go up, we smile and pat ourselves on the back for booking such a great deal.

Also the aft-facing aqua class cabins go super quick on the M class ships which is another reason we book early. Heck, you can always cancel if a scheduling conflict comes up since there is no penalty before the FPDD. 😎

On 8/30/2021 at 12:25 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

The reason we book so far out is that X and other cruise lines seem to give the best deals when they first release they’re itineraries. Then, later on if they go down in price or short term promotions pop up, we refare them. If they go up, we smile and pat ourselves on the back for booking such a great deal.

Also the aft-facing aqua class cabins go super quick on the M class ships which is another reason we book early. Heck, you can always cancel if a scheduling conflict comes up since there is no penalty before the FPDD. 😎

Ooh