Will this OBC be refunded if I cancel?

First let me say I tried to find this answer on this board but couldn’t so please don’t tell me there are 50 threads on this topic. Secondly, this is an honest question by a real person with no ulterior motive. We booked a cruise for early March using the OBC we had with RC from canceling a cruise for April 2020 before they canceled it. If for some reason we can not take this cruise, is this deposit refundable back as OBC again? My TA said it was refundable in that way, but I tend to trust this board so much more. It is even probable that someone reading this has already done just this. Thank you.

29 minutes ago, pthjudy said:

We booked a cruise for early March using the OBC we had with RC from canceling a cruise for April 2020 before they canceled it. If for some reason we can not take this cruise, is this deposit refundable back as OBC again?

I think you meant FCC not OBC and if you cancel you’ll get an FCC. If Royal cancels or the current policy of being able to cancel because you don’t like the protocols is still in place, then you can get a refund. 

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I think you meant FCC not OBC and if you cancel you’ll get an FCC. If Royal cancels or the current policy of being able to cancel because you don’t like the protocols is still in place, then you can get a refund. 

Sorry. Yes, FCC. And thank you. I assume you mean refunded to my account, not my pocket book.  

1 hour ago, pthjudy said:

Sorry. Yes, FCC. And thank you. I assume you mean refunded to my account, not my pocket book.  

By refund he means a refund to the means paid, like to your credit card, if you cancel for a covid related reason. Not if you just decide to cancel, has to be because of new protocols etc.

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

By refund he means a refund to the means paid, like to your credit card, if you cancel for a covid related reason. Not if you just decide to cancel, has to be because of new protocols etc.

They paid with an FCC, it will get refunded as an FCC

28 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I thought I'd read some cancelled because of new protocols and were able to get refunds on fcc amounts.

Ok

By the sounds of the OP’s post they are only concerned about the FCC that they used for the deposit which would suggest that they would be cancelling before final payment.  Before final payment the specific ship protocols are not released so there is no getting a refund in FCC’s.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

By the sounds of the OP’s post they are only concerned about the FCC that they used for the deposit which would suggest that they would be cancelling before final payment.  Before final payment the specific ship protocols are not released so there is no getting a refund in FCC’s.

So if I understand what you are saying, using the FCC I received (since I canceled a cruise before they did) as a deposit, will be non refundable if I cancel before final payment. For non refundable I expand the definition to include losing its value totally. Some here have said it would go back to my account if I cancel prior to final payment. I KNOW I won’t get a refund. I am hoping it won’t be lost entirely and I’ll still have. an FCC. 

5 minutes ago, pthjudy said:

So if I understand what you are saying, using the FCC I received (since I canceled a cruise before they did) as a deposit, will be non refundable if I cancel before final payment. For non refundable I expand the definition to include losing its value totally. Some here have said it would go back to my account if I cancel prior to final payment. I KNOW I won’t get a refund. I am hoping it won’t be lost entirely and I’ll still have. an FCC. 

Your FCC will be reinstated and you will have 12 months to use it.

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Your FCC will be reinstated and you will have 12 months to use it.

How do you know the OP would have 12 months to use the FCC, wouldn't the use of the FCC still go back to the original expiration date of the FCC? which I don't think was stated on here?

Edited by Jimbo

25 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

How do you know the OP would have 12 months to use the FCC, wouldn't the use of the FCC still go back to the original expiration date of the FCC? which I don't think was stated on here?

Because FCC's expire Sept 30, 2022 or 12 months from the date of cancellation (whichever is longer) as long as it was applied to a cruise sailing before April 30, 2022, which the OP's was.

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Because FCC's expire Sept 30, 2022 or 12 months from the date of cancellation (whichever is longer) as long as it was applied to a cruise sailing before April 30, 2022, which the OP's was.

Do All the FFC's out there now expire September 30th or do you think there are some out there right now that expire before that date?

14 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Do All the FFC's out there now expire September 30th or do you think there are some out there right now that expire before that date?

All FCC's issued because of Covid have an apply by date of April 30, 2022 and a sail by date of Sept 30, 2022.

There are non covid FCC's out there from prior to March 1, 2020 that are being handled on a case by case basis

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

All FCC's issued because of Covid have an apply by date of April 30, 2022 and a sail by date of Sept 30, 2022.

There are non covid FCC's out there from prior to March 1, 2020 that are being handled on a case by case basis

We were able to move ours to October 2022 sailings.  They were Covid related.  They originally wanted to charge us the $100 PP change fee because it was past the Sept deadline however our TA managed to get them to waive it.  I would bet we aren't the only ones who got to do this but it would be a case to case basis as well.  No guarantee.  

We did this about four weeks ago.