Not notified of new testing protocols

crisstyd

Is anyone else on the Horizon August 14th and haven't been notified of the new testing protocols? I just completed our final registration and printed our documents and nowhere did it say anything about having to get the Covid test prior to boarding. It doesn't even pop up when I log into Carnival. I only know because my husband saw an article about it and I read these boards. They never sent me an email about it. I went and checked my inbox, trash and spam folders and there is nothing. I had to search the site to find it. I am a little upset about the fact they don't even warn you on the documents, yet expect us to have it or we can be turned away. I know I shouldn't be so salty. It's just we have been through quite a lot lately (not covid related) and really need this trip. 

I saw others saying the same thing as you. People were reminded to make sure Carnival has all your information correct. Such as: Email address, home address, phone numbers, name, etc. Please be sure to let Carnival know if you have new personal contact information and make sure they update accordingly.

• Thanks 1

I have not received any communication from Carnival about our sailing in September either.

It appears Carnival's email system is either flaky, or because it is such a bulk emailer, maybe it is getting flagged as spam or worse and not even getting delivered to a junk/spam folder with some email providers?  (I did check those.)

I use a hotmail account for Carnival - I get their Press Releases and other junk mail regularly, but the official comms about a cruise seem to get lost far too often.

Maybe I should switch to one of my other email accounts...

2 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

I have not received any communication from Carnival about our sailing in September either.

It appears Carnival's email system is either flaky, or because it is such a bulk emailer, maybe it is getting flagged as spam or worse and not even getting delivered to a junk/spam folder with some email providers?  (I did check those.)

I use a hotmail account for Carnival - I get their Press Releases and other junk mail regularly, but the official comms about a cruise seem to get lost far too often.

Maybe I should switch to one of my other email accounts...

I am getting all their other emails, so it isn't a spam issue. I don't think they sent anything. I just think they should put it on the registration documents. There is nothing listed on there at all. Or at least when you log in to register it should be there. Most people don't visit these boards. I imagine there will be a lot of people who will not have the tests since the cruise we will be going on will be the first date it is required.

My cruise on the Horizon departs Aug 21.  I didn’t receive anything from Carnival,  Something definitely wrong on their end.  Am thankful for CC as I wouldn’t have known otherwise.  Now I need to line up a rapid test - fun, fun, fun.

I haven’t received any emails regarding the new protocols. Pretty stressful since we are getting close to sail date! Calling around and places can’t confirm what test we need or that results will arrive timely. 

I've received 2 identical emails from Carnival for my October cruise about the change. Oddly, they showed up in the same folder as their adds, not in my normal Inbox.

But, my cruise had an itinerary change and I still haven't received a notification on that. 🙄

17 minutes ago, groundloop said:

I got an email notification through my travel agent, it was the same email that others had posted here.  SO, it seems that Carnival is definitely sending out notices, but something must have gotten broken in the email chain.

Good to hear this.

Cheers

We are also on the August 15th Horizon and have not received any notification from Carnival about the new testing and mask mandates.  It’s a good thing I check John Heald on Facebook and Cruise Critic often.  Already have our antigen tests scheduled for next Thursday at a local CVS and masks are ready to go.  
I have no problem wearing my mask when required on the ship….I’m just thankful we can cruise again!

Same here- no notification what so ever about the protocol change. I've checked everywhere in my mailbox and mind you, I've gotten every other email from them regarding spa discounts, cheers, future cruise deals, my future cruise ect. ect. in the last week but NOTHING about this protocol change. If I hadn't been online then I'd have no idea about it. I think they are really dropping the ball on in and it's unfair to people who haven't learned of it and no real excuse why they can't get the notice out to the passengers in the next month if nothing else. I leave in two weeks and not a word from them. 

• Like 1

I said the same thing we leave on the Sunrise Aug 14 th and Nada….I said this is ridiculous. Only the fact I was on a FB page and someone posted his highness on it and then the discussion thereafter I wouldn’t have known. Everyone was like on another post  oh everyone got email. Well I didn’t. I also like If u look at their policies it still says masks are suggested 🤔🤔 for vaccinated guest. Unless they changed it since yesterday. 

2 minutes ago, Corl4 said:

We are also on the August 15th Horizon and have not received any notification from Carnival about the new testing and mask mandates.  It’s a good thing I check John Heald on Facebook and Cruise Critic often.  Already have our antigen tests scheduled for next Thursday at a local CVS and masks are ready to go.  
I have no problem wearing my mask when required on the ship….I’m just thankful we can cruise again!

I'm sailing Miracle to Alaska on 8/24 and have not received anything from Carnival except many, many advertisements! My DH does not read these boards. There is no way he would have any idea that testing/masks are required if it weren't for me reading it here. We were planning on driving to Seattle and touring some National parks along the way. Now, we are staying home to be tested, and once we confirm we test negative, we'll drive straight through to Seattle. Don't want to "hope" we'd find a testing place along the way. Of course, who knows what will change in the next 18 days...

27 minutes ago, loohoo1 said:

I'm sailing Miracle to Alaska on 8/24 and have not received anything from Carnival except many, many advertisements! My DH does not read these boards. There is no way he would have any idea that testing/masks are required if it weren't for me reading it here. We were planning on driving to Seattle and touring some National parks along the way. Now, we are staying home to be tested, and once we confirm we test negative, we'll drive straight through to Seattle. Don't want to "hope" we'd find a testing place along the way. Of course, who knows what will change in the next 18 days...

I’m on the same cruise you are, and have received nothing from Carnival about the testing/masking requirements.  Like others, I get numerous advertising emails from Carnival, but nothing notifying me of this huge change.  I have checked spam folders also. Shame on Carnival for this.  Imagine people not on CC who show up at the pier knowing nothing about this!

My cruise, before I cancelled, was going to be on August 21st.  I did receive the email.  It's disturbing that some people on earlier cruises haven't received the email since Carnival states this as the new requirement:

Additionally, effective August 14, 2021, fully vaccinated guests must present the negative results of a COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken within three days of their embarkation. 

Haven't received the letter either.  They have my correct information on file, too.  I do, however, continue to receive the "thanks for booking - let's chart your course to fun" e-mails, so I know they have my correct e-mail address.  We are scheduled to sail 9/4 (cancelling).  Many others who have later cruises have received the letter.  Doesn't matter to me.  It's been posted on here a number of times, so I have all of the discouraging information that the letter contains. 😔

I'd be curious to know if people receiving or not receiving the email has anything to do with booking through a TA. I booked on-line myself at Carnival's site and received two identical emails about 3 hours apart on the day this new protocol was announced.

Edited by ScottsSweetie
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ScottsSweetie said:

I'd be curious to know if people receiving or not receiving the email has anything to do with booking through a TA. I booked on-line myself at Carnival's site and received two identical emails about 3 hours apart on the day this new protocol was announced.

I also booked myself on Carnival's site and received an email.

1 minute ago, fyree39 said:

I booked on Carnival's site and no email. Seems totally random. I also get the Carnival spam about my cruise, just not the real important stuff.

We booked through a TA and have not received anything from Carnival in a long, long time.

It seems I am the opposite of a bunch of people here. I have received the testing/mask protocol email and platinum benefit email. However I do not receive the spam emails for my cruise on the 16th or even cruise deal emails. Only time I see offers is if I login to my account. 

5 minutes ago, roguebandit1441 said:

We cruise August 16 on the breeze and have not received any notification of protocol changes. Checked about getting tested and my town is out of the test, both Walgreens and CVS. Don't know what to do, should not be so stressful!

You may have to travel into Austin. I'm quite sure they have several in Austin that you could get done at.