Seashore sailing today!

Native Floridian 26

It’s fantastic to hear that she’s begun her season.  
Eleven weeks til we’re due to embark.   I usually start counting down from this time out.   Having had cruises cancelled and/or changed out has left me hesitant to look forward to this just yet, though I can’t help the excitement building despite this.  Early reviews/reports are going to add to it so please bring them on!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Até said:

I think that picture is more likely the Le Cabaret Rouge lounge,  The Aurea restaurant should be the Manhattan restaurant just forward of the Cabaret lounge.

plan.jpg.820d1cc723dad992a0d35f4d10ec4225.jpg

Ate ... My photo clearly shows the correct area which is behind the lounge the same as what you have posted but giving a sideways view of the plan.

Well, I can't help that I see it differently.  To me it looks like the photo was taken from deck seven, starboard side of the Le Cabaret Rouge Lounge looking aft and down into the deck six part of the lounge.  It appears those are aft facing windows with reflections and the picture was taken with it dark outside.  You can see the bandstand platform and little aft facing nooks on each side on deck six.  The photographer seems to be standing where I placed the red star and facing aft.

a.thumb.jpg.9e09a3a231f2c3d48859fcda54ba9558.jpg

Thanks Bea, that YouTube poster has long videos of the Deck 5, 6, and 7 MDRS including the Fifth Avenue MDR.  They also have a general tour video where you get a glimpse of the Aurea Manhattan dining room.  I was worried about that restaurant being located along the Boulevard du Cabaret but it looks like the Manhattan restaurant is separated off with glass.  Video below starts at entering the Boulevard walking aft.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

I'm curious about the setup of the buffet on Seashore, compared to Seaside's on Deck 8.  Similar location?  Similar size?  Similar access to the outside?  We really enjoyed that on Seaside.

Buffet only on deck 16 and much more of an inside affair compared to the regular Seaside class.  I had hoped there might be an area aft of the buffet for outside dining but at the end of this video it appears to not really be set up that way.  Specialty restaurants now have deck eight and the outside dining.

ETA:  I haven't seen much of the upper Jungle pool level forward of the buffet, near the Jungle Beach bar.  The deck plans show tables in that area.

Edited by Até
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/10/2021 at 6:14 PM, Até said:

Buffet only on deck 16 and much more of an inside affair compared to the regular Seaside class.  I had hoped there might be an area aft of the buffet for outside dining but at the end of this video it appears to not really be set up that way.  Specialty restaurants now have deck eight and the outside dining.

Aft of 16, starboard side only for dining.

Port is a bar with lower chairs, not confortable for dining.

The jungle pool is relatively far away and enclosed, so it doesn't make sense to eat there unless you have your children at the pool.