On Millennium 6 Aug Alaska Sailing - Any Questions?

trabeler

1 hour ago, maggie.1008 said:

I know Elite and above still have happy hour at all bars but was the sky lounge still open for Elite happy hour ? 

Elite drinks are served throughout the ship during designated times. The sky lounge is open for everyone.Elite drinks are served throughout the ship during designated times. The sky lounge is open for everyone.

680E6FD0-E872-40B0-9FD6-D66C99741762.jpeg

DD6B6636-52BE-4E7C-AA3D-0A72370C94D3.jpeg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jgmorgan said:

If you get a chance, please post the earliest time that passengers are allowed to disembark tomorrow on a walk-off basis.  We are booked on Millennium later in the month and have a fairly early flight (10 a.m.).  We also have a refundable back up that I hope to not have to use. 😀

Just posted on another portion of this thread.Just posted on another portion of this thread.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Sam.Seattle said:

I am on the millennium this week. And, will be staying on board for next week. This is the first opportunity I have had to review this thread. We are staying in a royal Suite both weeks and have found the suite experience  very similar to our prior cruises with  celebrity. While I still look forward to cruising  getting back to 100% normal, it is truly an interesting and amazing experience being on a ship at 50% capacity. Hats off to the crew as usual working very hard and I’m sure there are smiles under all those masks that I look forward to seeing again.

Can you tell us anything about Luminae and The Retreat?  How crowded? What is the service like compared to previous cruises?   We sail in a CS next month.

On 8/13/2021 at 6:46 AM, TeeRick said:

Can you tell us anything about Luminae and The Retreat?  How crowded? What is the service like compared to previous cruises?   We sail in a CS next month.

Luminae is as full as it always has been in the past. The retreat lounge is say 25% used. The retreat deck is empty even on nice days. The elevator to the retreat deck does not work. Very disappointed about the elevator.

35 minutes ago, Sam.Seattle said:

Luminae is as full as it always has been in the past. The retreat lounge is say 25% used. The retreat deck is empty even on nice days. The elevator to the retreat deck does not work. Very disappointed about the elevator.

thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!  I hope it's not too late to ask, but for disembarkation, could you pick which group you were in or did they assign you a group?  It's been so long, I can't remember... I feel like there were tags out near the guest services desk that you could use in lieu of ones given to you in your stateroom, but maybe that was another line.

Anyway, I appreciate any info you can give!  I am trying to arrange a pick-up time post-cruise.  Thanks!

44 minutes ago, zestyzorra said:

Hello!  I hope it's not too late to ask, but for disembarkation, could you pick which group you were in or did they assign you a group?  It's been so long, I can't remember... I feel like there were tags out near the guest services desk that you could use in lieu of ones given to you in your stateroom, but maybe that was another line.

Anyway, I appreciate any info you can give!  I am trying to arrange a pick-up time post-cruise.  Thanks!

We had a car pick up arranged for 9:30, our tags were for 8:30 group.  We ended up leaving when they made the announcement that all groups had been called around 9am. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zestyzorra said:

If you are Zenith or in a Suite you can select anytime you want. Not sure about the rest of the ship.  

12 hours ago, zestyzorra said:

We had a 10:40 AM flight and were assigned a 9:30 AM departure. We just went to guest services and we’re easily changed to an 7:45 AM departure.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, zestyzorra said:

They had the typical questionnaire that usually sets your departure time where they ask about arrangements, etc.  The initial questionnaire was done online via a QR code in the room.  There was also a paper questionnaire that some people received (perhaps if they didn't do it online).

As others have said, it's usually easy to change your time.  Or you can choose self assist and be off starting around 7:00... although you could go a bit later if you wanted as long as you carry off your luggage.

Edited by trabeler
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, zestyzorra said:

On 8/27 we did the walk-off (first time we've done that) and were able to leave the ship about 7:15.  It was quite easy with only ramps and elevator to navigate with our suitcases and roll-ons.  Passport is required to be in hand with no delay exiting the building.  The taxi line was already functioning and we arrived at the airport a bit before 8:00 for a 10:00 flight.  We are TSA Pre and the line at security was non-existent.  You could tell, however, that the security line for non-precheck was beginning to build pretty quickly.  They have just instituted a security line reservation type system that you might look into.  This link has the info about it: https://www.portseattle.org/SEAspotsaver.

While our experience was very smooth, we were warned several time about possible delays and apparently the traffic situation can get bad pretty quick during morning rush.  My suggestion would be to get away from the port as early as you can and if you can manage the walk-off that would be best.

Good luck and I hope your cruise is as good as ours was.  Best ever!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/9/2021 at 10:56 AM, NevadaJo said:

Yes.  We left from Pier 66 and arrived back to Pier 91. Doublecheck your pier numbers.

How soon before your cruise do you find out which pier you sail out of? Would be nice to know that before booking hotel. Will it be on the Celebrity app or emailed to you?

3 hours ago, Middle Bru said:

Wow!  Big Thanks !

We are on the 9/10 departure and were planning to do a walk off upon return. We have TSA Pre and an 11:00 flight. Your comments give us a good gauge…

3 hours ago, Middle Bru said:

Wow!  Big Thanks !

We are on the 9/10 departure and were planning to do a walk off upon return. We have TSA Pre and an 11:00 flight. Your comments give us a good gauge…

How does one get TSA Pre status?

3 hours ago, dgoz said:

How soon before your cruise do you find out which pier you sail out of? Would be nice to know that before booking hotel. Will it be on the Celebrity app or emailed to you?

dogz:  It has been years since I took a close look at the e-docs but there should be detailed directions to the cruise terminal and pier.  However, since I wanted to know the pier before the docs were emailed I just googled something like "Seattle 2021 cruise ship schedule."  The Port of Seattle website has the cruise ship schedule so I found that our September 17th sailing was using Pier 66 (Bell Street) and not Pier 91 (Smith  Cove).

But I also have a question for any one recently on the Millennium.  I haven't been on that ship since 2018.  At that time it still had a library.  Does it still exist?  If it does I'll take a couple of hardbacks to leave.

15 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

But I also have a question for any one recently on the Millennium.  I haven't been on that ship since 2018.  At that time it still had a library.  Does it still exist?  If it does I'll take a couple of hardbacks to leave.

Sadly the library is gone.  I think the place that it used to be has been replaced with some new inside cabins (decks 7 thru 9?).  

At the sky lounge there was a table that had a couple of books on it, some board games to borrow, and the daily sudoku puzzle.  Not sure if the books were actually from Celebrity or if some of the passengers just left them there for others to enjoy.

3 hours ago, trabeler said:

Sadly the library is gone.  I think the place that it used to be has been replaced with some new inside cabins (decks 7 thru 9?).  

At the sky lounge there was a table that had a couple of books on it, some board games to borrow, and the daily sudoku puzzle.  Not sure if the books were actually from Celebrity or if some of the passengers just left them there for others to enjoy.

Thanks for the update.  

On 9/6/2021 at 6:29 PM, sarahswisher4 said:

Hi - thank you for answering questions…what was dress like for men in the evenings in the dining room? What did you do on sea days (I’m so use to lounging by the pool in the warm weather cruises!)… what was the highlight of your trip? Thanks so much! 

We were on the August 20th sailing. Evening dress was quite casual. Men had slacks and shirts, some long sleeve, many polo style shirt sleeve. I saw a lot of jeans too. A smattering of sport coats, very few suits or tuxes. 
On sea days we would go to the Sky Lounge and watch the beautiful views from that vantage point. 
I enjoyed every minute of the trip and it is too hard to pick a favorite.

the ride up to the glacier was absolutely beautiful, don’t miss a minute of it. 

• Like 2

On 9/6/2021 at 6:29 PM, sarahswisher4 said:

Hi - thank you for answering questions…what was dress like for men in the evenings in the dining room? What did you do on sea days (I’m so use to lounging by the pool in the warm weather cruises!)… what was the highlight of your trip? Thanks so much! 

Peteymil's description of evening dress is spot on.

We lounged by the pool in the Solarium for a while one day which was nice; the Beyond the Podium talks were quite good; we did two wine-tastings that were each enjoyable (one part of the Drinks and More package the other an add-on); there were a couple of matinee performances by the guest entertainers: and, visiting Café Al Bacio was always a good way to spend some time.  We felt the musicians on board that rotated through the various venues were all actually good, which has not always been our experience.  All in all, we had a great time and the smaller number of passengers made for a different (and pleasurable) cruise.  Although, even on full cruises we haven't really been significantly impacted by things being "too crowded".  It almost seems like after a couple of days the whole ship finds a rhythm that works for everyone on board.

Edited by jgmorgan
correction
  • Like 2

Anyone booked Mendenhall river raft trip in Juneau? It doesn't start until 5 pm. I have seen pictures of people wearing jeans. It is a pretty mild trip so I doubt you fall out. A bathing suit might be really cold. Any thoughts?  I think it will be dark before