Live from the Majestic Princess - August 8, 2021

azbirdmom

4 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

We were clapped onto the ship by 11am. Drink in hand by 11:05am.  Already saw Captain Dino. It’s all great. 

C7AE781F-E46F-40F0-948B-2CF80BC271E0.jpeg

We were at the front of the Elite line, thinking it was 11:05 when we boarded. We have been wandering, no drinks yet.  So exciting to have everyone clap when we came on!  

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Sprang for a Balcony I see.

Haha. Yes, of course, it’s Alaska, after all, but that’s not our cabin number. Things got discombobulated going through security and everyone’s cards were getting mixed up. I couldn’t find who that one belonged to so I just held on to it.

Having my second drink in Ocean Terrace, the first one I’ve ordered through the app. This is my first Medallion cruise and I’m finding it quite fun. 🍷

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, kml246 said:

As others have said easy to get on and board quickly. Here's the view from deck 16.IMG_20210808_113604.thumb.jpg.b3693409decd8288c03b396856b864a4.jpg

Oh you were able to get in your cabin already?  We are on Marina deck but didn’t go as we were told that the rooms weren’t ready. Enjoying a margarita in the Bar Piazza and heading to the dining room for lunch. Tried to post a few minutes ago and Medallion Net wouldn’t cooperate so if you see a duplicate post sorry!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Haha. Yes, of course, it’s Alaska, after all, but that’s not our cabin number. Things got discombobulated going through security and everyone’s cards were getting mixed up. I couldn’t find who that one belonged to so I just held on to it.

Having my second drink in Ocean Terrace, the first one I’ve ordered through the app. This is my first Medallion cruise and I’m finding it quite fun. 🍷

Well, the important thing was the color anyway.  I think the App has some great features.  Have a great week!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:
12 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Where r u Azbirdmom?  We’re in Concerto now too. 

Club class by the window in the corner. Thought I had posted looking for you when we got drinks but it failed. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Oh you were able to get in your cabin already?  We are on Marina deck but didn’t go as we were told that the rooms weren’t ready. Enjoying a margarita in the Bar Piazza and heading to the dining room for lunch. Tried to post a few minutes ago and Medallion Net wouldn’t cooperate so if you see a duplicate post sorry!

Not in our cabin yet. In Concerto for lunch now. 

IMG_20210808_123011__01.jpg

Edited by kml246
Add photo
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 2

In our cabin and what a treat it is. We are in a mini suite above the bridge with a ginormous balcony. I just hope that today isn’t the only time we can enjoy it. A lot of rain is forecast. Happy we have the drink package!  

05231115-419E-4471-8D29-DFEF298215D6.jpeg

732B0B14-8065-437E-A5A1-31C4B9D62168.jpeg

FE5647D7-E881-43B0-A4A3-3038F6E04F6E.jpeg

2C68778A-3332-47A6-986E-FF2BA528D267.jpeg

• Like 32
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

I arrived three days prior and did sightseeing;  looking at Oceania, and NCL dock across the street from hotel made me think;  hmmm I should have sailed with them instead of Princess.

As I recall it was several years ago that NCL financed the renovation of Pier 66 so their cruise lines (NCL, Oceania, Silver Seas) get that preferred parking location. The only time I’ve been there on Princess was while in-transit & none of the NCL lines were there.

My TA is disembarking the Silver Muse today at Pier 66 after her 10-day Alaskan fam cruise…not great pay but sometimes great perks. 😊

Astro Flyer, thanks for the feedback.  Yes Norwegian has a primo parking slot;  especially if you stay at the Marriott across the street

Edited by AF-1
added txt
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Astro Flyer, thanks for the feedback.  

Oops…made a typo & mixed up my seas ☺️…it’s not Silversea but Regent Seven Seas that is part of the NCL Group.

Silversea is part of the Royal Caribbean Group.

Edited by Astro Flyer

For those that have purchased Princess Plus, we were just setting up MedallionNet internet. There's a choice for redeem and purchase plans. Choose that, and it gives you an option to increase one device to four devices for only $35 for the week. This way we don't have to log off our phones and our laptops when were switching back and forth. I don't know if this was a bargain because we're Platinum, but at $35 it was a steal.

Edited by kml246
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, kml246 said:

For those that have purchased Princess Plus, we were just setting up MedallionNet internet. There's a choice for redeem and purchase plans. Choose that, and it gives you an option to increase one device to four devices for only $35 for the week. This way we don't have to log off our phones and our laptops when were switching back and forth. I don't know if this was a bargain because we're Platinum, but at $35 it was a steal.

Yes, you did receive a discount.

Your plan - had you needed to purchase it before the cruise, would have cost $70, and net $35 after discount.  The 4-device plan costs the same as two 1-device plans.  So, again it would have been another $70, less 50%.  The upgrade to 4-devices is technically $10/day more - as you were charged.  So, for pre-cruise it is 2x of course.

I am interested to know what the pricing offer is for anyone booking internet on board.  It is supposedly $15/day ($25/day for up to 4 devices), but Princess may be offering the pre-cruise $10, due to the pain of trying to actually order it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1