Doing the On Line Check In for the Oasis next month ?

56 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

That's awesome news...for us about a 5 + hour drive from Mass. If the Oasis does more than a 2 night test cruise and Covid shows up it wouldn't surprise me if the September 5th sailing gets in jeopardy. I'm curious as to how many people will be allowed to cruise on the first few sailings? Certainly can't be 100% capacity.

Let’s not even put that out into the universe 😂

36 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Its a 6 day test cruise no more no less.  CDC will issue certificate on the 30th of August.  September 5th will happen barring a catastrophe.  

Ship will sail with 35 to 50% and no more until October

Sounds good !

1 hour ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Its a 6 day test cruise no more no less.  CDC will issue certificate on the 30th of August.  September 5th will happen barring a catastrophe.  

Ship will sail with 35 to 50% and no more until October

What's strange is that for the 9/12 sailing the ship had inside, outside and balconies available. Very few balcony cabins were left. If that's the case, they're saying that there aren't many cabins left for the first couple of sailing, while I can understand that  by October it should have expanded to more than 50%. This is something that Royal won't tell you with just how booked the ship will be.

5 hours ago, rbschultz said:

Ours popped up for 10/17 as well... Its just on the website

yes me too and on my birthday  yea me.  I got my arrival and they do not require a photo upload.  I will use the app though.

I will get to test the darn app in Seattle on Ovation in mid Sept.

Oh and even my Nov Symphony is ready for check in.

Folks do not wait for email.  Remember they do not email confirmation of cancels so they are not always up to date on check ins.    So you keep checking the RCI web site.   

2 hours ago, badaple92 said:

We were able to get a 12:30 too. Usually there at 10:30.  Will be getting on parkway at 100.  Cant wait.

Need extra time for cleaning and sanitizing cabins and the rest of the ship.

43 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

yes me too and on my birthday  yea me.  I got my arrival and they do not require a photo upload.  I will use the app though.

I will get to test the darn app in Seattle on Ovation in mid Sept.

Oh and even my Nov Symphony is ready for check in.

Folks do not wait for email.  Remember they do not email confirmation of cancels so they are not always up to date on check ins.    So you keep checking the RCI web site.   

I did not get an e-mail informing that check-in was available, but got one a few minutes ago confirming that I checked-in.😀

On our rollcall for the November 7th sailing on the Anthem out of Bayonne, check-in was already open and people received the 3-3:30pm time slot, which is concerning as currently the ship says it's leaving at 3pm!

I tried it just now and got through the entire check-in process, except there were no "available slots" to choose from to complete the check-in.

I suspect it was an error to open up our check-in this early (not all that early in normal times, but these are anything but normal times).  But at least I've done most of the check-in.  I hope.

8 minutes ago, 2Long2NxtCrz said:

On our rollcall for the November 7th sailing on the Anthem out of Bayonne, check-in was already open and people received the 3-3:30pm time slot, which is concerning as currently the ship says it's leaving at 3pm!

I tried it just now and got through the entire check-in process, except there were no "available slots" to choose from to complete the check-in.

I suspect it was an error to open up our check-in this early (not all that early in normal times, but these are anything but normal times).  But at least I've done most of the check-in.  I hope.

IT problem possibly.  The Sept. 5th sail has been pushed back to 6 PM and the last slot to check-in is 3:30-4:00 PM.

1 minute ago, nelblu said:

IT problem possibly.  The Sept. 5th sail has been pushed back to 6 PM and the last slot to check-in is 3:30-4:00 PM.

I had done all the check-in on my laptop so thought I'd try the app after I posted this and it explicitly said that it was "too soon" to pick a slot, so it's a discrepancy between the app and the website.  I'm glad I didn't tell the others in my party to do the check-in yet.  We have so many newbies, I'd hate to confuse them with things like this.

3 hours ago, gizbywife said:

Spoke too soon... looks like check in is available online for 9/12 Bayonne Oasis sailing!

Hummm, so everyone, what do you think the capacity, of the ship will be for the 9/12 sailing?

6 hours ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Hummm, so everyone, what do you think the capacity, of the ship will be for the 9/12 sailing?

Good question. I read somewhere that Sept is normally a slow month, but nothing is normal anymore, so there's that. I'm hoping <50%.

2 hours ago, gizbywife said:

I read somewhere that Sept is normally a slow month, but nothing is normal anymore, so there's that.

Slow month in the  pre COVID era meant lower prices (which was true for Sept), not necessarily much lower capacity.

9 hours ago, DJLDRUMS said:

The feeling I'm getting from YouTubers is that they're running about a third-full. So, for Oasis of the Seas, that'll be 1,500-2,000 people.

Given how well Oasis-class ships distribute people across so many neighborhoods, I'm really excited to see what it's like being on Oasis of the Seas with her being over half-empty (for two weeks!!).

Edited by Daghis
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, lovelife said:

On the Indy test cruise last week we sailed with 9% of capacity. Now that was a dream!

WOooooooo!!! I'll say....so you had your own cruise ship...BUT entertainment like the quest and other people participation  events aren't happening. Anyone that's JUST cruised be able to add a little more ...

Here's a fly in the ointment for some fellow cruisers out there, while it doesn't currently pertain to the Oasis Bayonne sailings for September and October. The government of St. Thomas announced that it is now prohibiting any cruise ships that don't have 100% vaccinated  passengers from docking on that island.