Equinox Boarding 8/15 Elite Plus/ Concierge Class Cabin

sarasotascott

We just booked this cruise yesterday and will be boarding on Sunday.  We were assigned a 3:30 boarding time and I was wondering if there is a separate check in line for Elite+ like back in the pre-Covid days.  Also, I read the Concierge Class has priority boarding.  The issue is our PCR test will be given at 1:00pm on Thursday so we will miss the 72 hour window by a couple of hours.  Should we show up early and use Elite+/Concierge if available?  Please advise.

11 minutes ago, sarasotascott said:

We just booked this cruise yesterday and will be boarding on Sunday.  We were assigned a 3:30 boarding time and I was wondering if there is a separate check in line for Elite+ like back in the pre-Covid days.  Also, I read the Concierge Class has priority boarding.  The issue is our PCR test will be given at 1:00pm on Thursday so we will miss the 72 hour window by a couple of hours.  Should we show up early and use Elite+/Concierge if available?  Please advise.

From what others have said that have recently cruised, no. No special lines and show up close to your assigned time. 

Edited by davekathy

No separate line for Concierge...you'll be fine at your assigned time re the test, 3 days before.....that said, watch your cruise planner, you may be offered an earlier check in time...we were on the Aug 1 Equinox cruise...went from 1:30 to 11:30..was on board by noon.  

• Thanks 1

We arrived at 12:40 for a 1:00 checkin on Sunday. They allowed 1:00 checkins inside the terminal at 1:00. It probably took us a good 15 minutes to get in once the 1:00 line started moving, but we had shade. Then it took us at least another 30 minutes, probably longer, to make it through the 2 checkins (one for health, one for passport, xpress pass, and tracelets). I know it was well after 2:00 when we got to our cabin (AQ near the forward elevators). Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As others have said, you'll have to wait until your allocated time; no queue jumping.

Celebrity keeps flip-flopping on the 72-hour vs 3-day before embarkation, and no one has reported a problem with tests taken within the 3-day period. Relax and enjoy your cruise! 

4 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Dawg, what time did you get to the port?  We have an 11:30 slot as well and don’t want to get there earlier than actual boarding begins…

We arrived right at 11:30 AM.  Make sure the folks running the lines outside know that you are there at your time slot.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sarasotascott said:

I'm also on this sailing.  The latest letter I got from Celebrity said 3 days prior to embarkation.

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Celebrity Equinox® for your 12-Night Southern Caribbean cruise departing August 15, 2021, from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Before we set sail, we would like to provide an additional reminder that Celebrity Cruises has established enhanced COVID-19 testing requirements for both vaccinated and unvaccinated guests.

All guests over the age of two, regardless of vaccination status, will be required to present a negative COVID-19 test result at the time of embarkation. This test may be taken as either a PCR test or an Antigen test, conducted within three days of embarkation. Each guest is responsible for making their own arrangements with an accredited testing provider as well as covering all associated costs. Guests arriving at the terminal without a negative COVID-19 test result may be denied boarding.

Unvaccinated guests 12 years of age and older, will be required to take an additional COVID-19 test at the terminal prior to embarkation, mid-cruise and on the day before disembarkation. Unvaccinated children between the ages of 6 months and 11 years of age will be required to take an additional PCR test at the terminal prior to embarkation, and on the day before disembarkation. A registration link for required testing will be sent separately. Should a guest be unable to complete the testing requirements, a 100% refund or Future Cruise Credit will be offered.

We apologize for any inconvenience. The health and safety of everyone onboard is our number one priority. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises

8 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

No separate line for Concierge...you'll be fine at your assigned time re the test, 3 days before.....that said, watch your cruise planner, you may be offered an earlier check in time...we were on the Aug 1 Equinox cruise...went from 1:30 to 11:30..was on board by noon.  

We did our check-in and we have a time noon - 12:30 which is fine.  But I went back in to my account to see if there was an earlier time and I don't see any options to change your check-in time.  How did you change it?