Dine My Way & all new Dining questions since cruising restart!!

Host CJSKIDS

1 hour ago, walkingsoon said:

Yes, the cruise I just booked showed no two time slot traditional dining offerings, just the time slots as you describe.

You are not alone in being confused. The app is still glitchy these many years later and the rollout of the new dining system has not gone smoothly. 

Princess doesn't help by sending near daily e-mails telling everyone to choose their dining preferences using their flashy new app. But here's the important part: It's really not all that important to arrange this all ahead of time. You'll be able to eat each day, largely when and where you want. Certainly it's not worth getting aggravated or frustrated over.

Sorry you read this whole thread. 🙂

edit - this is in response to dlmb622

Sure, we know we will not go hungry....LOL!
But why Princess erased all our prior reservations and then made it impossible to book similar times for each night. We're on a 32 day sailing and it is very frustrating to not be able to get a private table every night. 
Thought I had all my ducks in a row in plenty of time....not!

14 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

@cbfb  You don’t say what steps you are taking to add (link) them so I’m not sure what the issue is.  Here are the steps you take to add guests just in case you were trying something different. 

Once you’ve selected a dining room scroll down until you see guests.  You and your husband should be listed with your profile pics.  Next to that is a pencil 🖊️ icon.  Select the pencil and on the next screen you will see a little man icon with a + sign next to it in the upper right corner.  Select that and there you should be able to add the booking number for your other guests

Thank you! I’m assuming this is on the app which won’t allow me to make reservations. I am using the web version and it will bring me to the reservation page where I can click on my husband and myself then I go to the add guests page, add the booking number, click research but nothing happens. I am not paid in full nor do I have status so I was surprised it lets me book for the 2 of us and assumed I would be able add guests but maybe that’s the issue 

On 7/9/2024 at 10:09 AM, windsor26 said:

I looked at each restaurant and booked 6pm on the Botticelli as we could choose to go private or share and we are sharing There were loads of times available but or course most people have not started to book yet

Just gone into the app to see if they had cancelled things  (as they tend to do) and canno0t get into the calendar to see or book anything !!!!!!!   grrrrrrrr

35 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

It has been many years since our last Princess cruise...could someone kindly tell us how to get a table for 2. Thank you.

What ship and what date  are you cruising?

you can try to contact  your travel agent, if you have one or try the app on your computer, your phone or try the Web version on your laptop or PC. And there’s lots of steps before doing that. So just play around with it and see what you come up with. Lots of people been able to make dinner reservations. but if you’re trying to make reservations for a cruise/ voyage that is year from now, may or may not work .

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

@windsor26 try the web version to see if you have any luck.

some passengers have had no luck on their android phone with the app, but then they go to their laptop or PC and they try the Web version and it works.

Yes I thought of that and tried and it asked for me to link my booking ref. which I did and it said  this is already linked and then I could not go any further  Very frustrating   I will try again later on my phone which did work the first time   I was just checking this time and still hope they have not changed things on me 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2024 at 12:07 PM, no1superfan said:

We are platinium with a reserve class cabin and we are bringing our kids/grandkids with us for their first cruise. They are in standard balconies. All we are tring to do is get a traditional table for us to dine together.

Hours and hours on phone calls over the last month and finally today I had the good fortune to talk to someone who could make our family MDR reservations. Today's rep said it "was easy". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, windsor26 said:

Yes I thought of that and tried and it asked for me to link my booking ref. which I did and it said  this is already linked and then I could not go any further  Very frustrating   I will try again later on my phone which did work the first time   I was just checking this time and still hope they have not changed things on me 

No matter if you are using the app on your phone/tablet or using the online version the Link Booking never works for anything. It seems to be something they put in without testing as I have never heard of anybody having success of any type when using the Link Booking thing.

• Like 1

@no1superfan, we are in a similar situation as you, where we are in a Reserve Class mini-suite (in our case, on B2B cruises), and DS and family are joining us in a standard mini-suite for just one leg of our cruise.  We want to dine with them in the MDR on just that one leg.  Did you call the standard number, (800) 774-6237, to find someone who was able to make those MDR reservations for the group?  You give me hope... DS has been unable to add us to their MDR rez so far, and he is platinum.  Thanks!

46 minutes ago, QuilterGirl said:

@no1superfan, we are in a similar situation as you, where we are in a Reserve Class mini-suite (in our case, on B2B cruises), and DS and family are joining us in a standard mini-suite for just one leg of our cruise.  We want to dine with them in the MDR on just that one leg.  Did you call the standard number, (800) 774-6237, to find someone who was able to make those MDR reservations for the group?  You give me hope... DS has been unable to add us to their MDR rez so far, and he is platinum.  Thanks!

You will need to contact the Ocean Ready Dining line. Since you are in Reserve category the app will not allow you to make reservations in a different dining room. They will need to over ride the system. 

Ewe sail on the 31st. Medallions ordered a month ago and verified on the app   Now the app show no medallions ordered. The Ocean Ready folks say oh it’s just a glitch you will have your medallions by tomorrow. Time will tell

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yes, @memoak, it's because we are Reserve Class and I can't make an MDR rez myself, that I asked DS to make the reservations - for his family, then pull us in.  But he was unable to do so.  I didn't know Ocean Ready had a Dining line.  I will call them.

Edited by QuilterGirl

19 hours ago, windsor26 said:

When it asks for booking number, click Cancel. It will then ask for username and password.  After entering those and clicking Login, it usually takes me back to the Link Booking option. I click Cancel and enter login info a second time, and that usually works.  It's been this way forever.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Thrak said:

No matter if you are using the app on your phone/tablet or using the online version the Link Booking never works for anything. It seems to be something they put in without testing as I have never heard of anybody having success of any type when using the Link Booking thing.

Right, there is something like 'Travel Companions' I never understood what Link Booking was.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Right, there is something like 'Travel Companions' I never understood what Link Booking was.

Thats for adding and putting friends or relatives in a different cabin attach to you so you can have a large table etc   I think this is what it means

4 hours ago, Dee_Jay said:

When it asks for booking number, click Cancel. It will then ask for username and password.  After entering those and clicking Login, it usually takes me back to the Link Booking option. I click Cancel and enter login info a second time, and that usually works.  It's been this way forever.

Thank you   I will try this and hope

• Like 1

On 7/17/2024 at 12:01 PM, bonsai3s said:

It has been many years since our last Princess cruise...could someone kindly tell us how to get a table for 2. Thank you.

I wish I could.  I have only been able to get a table for 2 for about 1/2 of our upcoming 32 day cruise.

10 hours ago, QuilterGirl said:

Yes, @memoak, it's because we are Reserve Class and I can't make an MDR rez myself, that I asked DS to make the reservations - for his family, then pull us in.  But he was unable to do so.  I didn't know Ocean Ready had a Dining line.  I will call them.

If you have Reserve dining you will not be able to book in the MDR...why would you want to?  Just go to which ever dining room they are having Reserve in, whenever you want to eat.

6 minutes ago, suzyed said:

I wish I could.  I have only been able to get a table for 2 for about 1/2 of our upcoming 32 day cruise.

When you use the app to pre book your dining choice  Choose  your restaurant  and it offers times which also say  private table or sharing  pick private and you will get a table for 2 which I believe you have done most of the time   When you front up at your chosen time for those not confirmed just say  table for 2

6 minutes ago, suzyed said:

If you have Reserve dining you will not be able to book in the MDR...why would you want to?  Just go to which ever dining room they are having Reserve in, whenever you want to eat.

They want to eat with family who are not reserve who don’t have the ability to eat there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

They want to eat with family who are not reserve who don’t have the ability to eat there

This doesn't seem too hard to understand, wanting to eat with family, yet there is surprise (by some) that they don't want to eat In Reserve.  I would want to eat with my family.  The problem is the algorithm that refuses to release the Reserve reservations.  I think this very problem was just discussed recently here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, suzyed said:

When is that cruise?  I, for one, am looking forward to the day you get to make those arrangements.  Can we look forward to you telling us all about it?

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Kay S said:

This doesn't seem too hard to understand, wanting to eat with family, yet there is surprise (by some) that they don't want to eat In Reserve.  I would want to eat with my family.  The problem is the algorithm that refuses to release the Reserve reservations.  I think this very problem was just discussed recently here.

We tell friends who sail on the same cruise as we do that they will have to book at least a reserve class mini to have dinner with us. Breakfast and lunch people pretty much do what they want. Why pay for reserve if you aren’t going to use it ?

Edited by memoak
  • Like 1