Oasis simulation 8/22/21

10 hours ago, livinginyellow said:

How strict are they about masks in vaccinated areas? We are on the 9/5 sailing and my husband has some reservations about going on a vacation with masks - but was much happier when I saw in today's Compass above that you don't need one in a vaccinated area! 

No need for masks in the vaccinated areas or outside  It’s really not a big deal.  Cruising far outweighs any small Mask inconvenience !!

Beth

• Like 5

3 hours ago, cupcake26 said:

How are they handling pools on the ships, specifically for children?

Disney is doing 15 minutes at a time, but I havent been able to read much from rcl. 

Our test cruise is 18 and over and they currently have the children's pool area closed off.  Too bad to because it looks like fun.

• Like 2

We are at sea today. The pool deck is VERY windy but was still able to hang out there. The pool capacity is set at 9. It’s 86 degrees and humid.   We ate at playmakers and wow the food is very good. The kitchen was slow but definitely worth the wait. The ship is feeling very empty and missing that party vibe. We went to Blaze last night for the stand up comedy and I would advise getting there early to avoid the seats in the back with a pole blocking their view. It was really annoying to sit through a whole show without actually seeing the comedian. I did see him later at the black jack table though. The Diamond lounge is open with the coffee machines going but there is staff there to run the machine. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Diamond lounge was open tonight!had my cosmo

I received an e-mail from RCI tonight about C&A benefits. The DL will operate on all cruises starting Sept 1. Happy hour will occur but will count against our drink vouchers which will be a permanent bene and can be used all day at any bar.

• Like 1

I might have missed any post about what's going on, on the Oasis test cruise , but is the Diving Show being performed? Any other outdoor venues like the belly flop contest or other poolside games? I read that they are limiting the pool to 9 people, is that timed by the Lifeguard, and is there a line waiting to get into the pool as someone gets out?

44 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

No lines for pools.  No outdoor games going on that I have seen.  AquaShow is performing two practice shows.  Ice show was fantastic.  Tonight we saw juggling comedians.  The music around the clubs is pretty good.

Many thanks DaniDanielle for that good information but wonder why they're just practicing two Aqua Shows instead of putting on a Show for the guests? Has the Windjammer been serving all three meals and the MDR serving breakfast lunch and dinner?

Windjammer has been closed for dinner (they need the people in the MDR for practice).

We saw Aqua Theater practice a couple days ago - you can tell that that they brought on a few new cast and they need to practice their skills (still leaps and bounds beyond what I could do - I would just be hanging on the wires for my life).

• Haha 1

Today we made it to Coco Cay but the weather was horrible (very very windy and raining). We were supposed to be off at 9 am but they pushed a decision back go 10am and finally let people off around 10:45. We decided to go ahead with our Chill Island Cabana.  There were 5 of them that the passengers never showed (cancelled).  We had a great attendant named Henry! The weather was ok until around 2 when the downpour began. We quickly made our way back to the ship but it looked like we had been swimming with all of our belongings!  We all liked like drowned rats!  

• Like 2

Just now, ILCTCRUISER said:

@Baowen I’ve read the DL is not open during test cruise.  No concierge.  No breakfast set-up, no evening appetizers, etc.  I will assume that means no coffee machine as well.  Is that correct?  Thanks.

We’ve been in there multiple times and it is open. The coffee machine and cold water was set out.  Sometimes there was an attendant handing out  the water and  coffee. The  Diamond lounge concierge was there also.