Oasis simulation 8/22/21

7 minutes ago, Baowen said:

We’ve been in there multiple times and it is open. The coffee machine and cold water was set out.  Sometimes there was an attendant handing out  the water and  coffee. The  Diamond lounge concierge was there also. 

That’s surprising.  But, I guess, it makes sense for the concierge to be there in order to make reservations, etc.  Were there times when you could make your own coffee?

Edited by ILCTCRUISER

Hello! Thanks for all the great info thus far. Must be nice to be on such big ship and little people. We are sailing on 9/5.

So I emailed my TA today to switch MTD to early seating. Thinking we can’t do MTD  because of unvaccinated 2 yo. She then told me RCI said we can still do MTD 🤷🏻‍♀️. Would you be able to help confirm with MDR staffs if that’s true for 9/5 sailing? Would hate to sort out dinner time when on board. Always a long line.  Thx!!

Edited by cnssu123

14 hours ago, ILCTCRUISER said:

@Baowen I’ve read the DL is not open during test cruise.  No concierge.  No breakfast set-up, no evening appetizers, etc.  I will assume that means no coffee machine as well.  Is that correct?  Thanks.

DL is staffed for coffee in the morning, but they are not setting out food for the simulation.  They did say they will resume food in the morning for revenue cruises.

20 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We are invited also, really would like to meet you.  If you hadn’t started the thread about entering for the Simulation we would not be here!

Marietta

It was so nice to meet you.  We were impressed with the view and service  from the  staff was amazing!!  Hope we get to see you again soon on another cruise 

Beth

6 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Is anyone able to address cabin assignments and categories that were assigned?

Wife and I will be on the 9.17 Liberty sailing and haven’t yet heard anything about our cabin assignment. 

It seems like everyone got a balcony cabin. 

6 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

Are there long lines for MTD?  My. Planner won't let me make reservations.   I'm on the 10/17 sailing.

Definitely not an issue but you will have plenty of time to reserve dining on the app 

• Like 1

Question for anyone on the sim cruise....Which deck/where is the accessible seating in the Theater for Cats? My DH is in a wheelchair and just thought of this as I looked at your Compass posts. We will be on the Oct 24th sail. Thanks for taking us all along for the sailing! Glad you are having a great time. 😎

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, watertraveler said:

Do passengers returning to the US still have to have a negative covid test in order to enter the country?

On a round trip from the same US port, no. We have not had any revenue repos in the COVID era.

4 hours ago, ginnynj said:

Question for anyone on the sim cruise....Which deck/where is the accessible seating in the Theater for Cats? My DH is in a wheelchair and just thought of this as I looked at your Compass posts. We will be on the Oct 24th sail. Thanks for taking us all along for the sailing! Glad you are having a great time. 😎

Vaccinated - Deck 4.  Unvaccinated - Deck 5.

I posted in another thread - the lift on the stage broke yesterday.  They were trying to fix it but are unable to at the moment.  They should have it repaired before the next sailing.

• Like 1

How has the air temp been on the ship?  Too cold in venues, too warm,  just right?  Wondering if I should pack slacks and a sweater for the evening, or just stick to capris and short sleeves for my Sept 12th cruise?

3 hours ago, Rewind said:

Vaccinated - Deck 4.  Unvaccinated - Deck 5.

I posted in another thread - the lift on the stage broke yesterday.  They were trying to fix it but are unable to at the moment.  They should have it repaired before the next sailing.

Thanks. We are V'd. Appreciate the reply, didnt know where we could go. Just planning ahead. 

On 8/24/2021 at 2:40 PM, Baowen said:

We are at sea today. The pool deck is VERY windy but was still able to hang out there. The pool capacity is set at 9. It’s 86 degrees and humid.   We ate at playmakers and wow the food is very good. The kitchen was slow but definitely worth the wait. The ship is feeling very empty and missing that party vibe. We went to Blaze last night for the stand up comedy and I would advise getting there early to avoid the seats in the back with a pole blocking their view. It was really annoying to sit through a whole show without actually seeing the comedian. I did see him later at the black jack table though. The Diamond lounge is open with the coffee machines going but there is staff there to run the machine. 

While you were at Playmakers, did you notice if they allowed anyone to sit at the bar?

On 8/26/2021 at 12:27 PM, Rewind said:

DL is staffed for coffee in the morning, but they are not setting out food for the simulation.  They did say they will resume food in the morning for revenue cruises.

Got to save money somewhere.😀

On 8/24/2021 at 9:27 AM, watertraveler said:

We made dinner reservations on the 9/12 cruise for dinner at the Solarium Bistro.

How did you make dinner reservations for 9/12 cruise.  We will be on that cruise too and there is nothing on the app or the cruise planner?

2 hours ago, cruisin56 said:

How did you make dinner reservations for 9/12 cruise.  We will be on that cruise too and there is nothing on the app or the cruise planner?

Same for us on the 10/17 cruise.  It was on the planner previously but I waited to see what times the shows were on the test cruise and now it's gone.