Oasis simulation 8/22/21

59 minutes ago, toad455 said:

surprised there hasn't been a decision made on whether you'll be sailing today? What time is the Oasis scheduled to leave today?

Oasis is scheduled to leave at 7pm tonight.  Time will tell whether it will actually sail tonight or overnight in Bayonne.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

There was never really a concern it wouldn't sail on time, except for some on this board.

with now a tropical storm off the NJ coast right now, there's definite concern about sailing tonight.

5 minutes ago, toad455 said:

with now a tropical storm off the NJ coast right now, there's definite concern about sailing tonight.

There is no tropical storm off the NJ coast. It's well east heading north to Rhode Island.

All NJ has is some rain bands.

RC's chief meteorologist has already said everything's a go for tonight.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

There is no tropical storm off the NJ coast. It's well east heading north to Rhode Island.

All NJ has is some rain bands.

RC's chief meteorologist has already said everything's a go for tonight.

His posts have been vague and he has not said when the ship is sailing.  Whether you want to see it or not, there is a really good chance the ship will sail Monday early morning with the low tide.

• Like 1

I’m about 35 miles south by boat of the port. No rain here. Sun starting to break though and when I ran up at the boardwalk this morning around 8 by my way back around 9 the waves were already starting to calm. Lots of surfers out now but definitely calming. I see no reason by tonight why she won’t sail. The storms is moving further north and she’s heading south. Have a great cruise everyone and please keep us posted! 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, toad455 said:

The way the storm is spinning, the worst for NJ and Long Island is expected to be between noon and 6pm. Still think the Oasis sails late out of caution. It's only going to CocoCay, correct?

This is just not true. 

The storm is well north and not turning back. We’ve got a few hours between now and 5:00 that has 50% chance or less of rain. We’ve got no winds at the shore either. There’s the usual shore breeze, that’s it.

27D5BA7B-07D3-46F8-BD9B-48CBE464B573.png

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, toad455 said:

The way the storm is spinning, the worst for NJ and Long Island is expected to be between noon and 6pm. Still think the Oasis sails late out of caution. It's only going to CocoCay, correct?

Go to the NY Harbor web cam right now.  Its like glass out there.  You can water ski without an issue.  The only way it does'nt sail tonight is to accommodate passengers that were delayed by flights other than that no reason,  The radar right now looks like its already broke up pretty good,

https://www.portnywebcam.com/

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If anyone was flying in this morning to board, they probably wont make it.  

Any word if Ewr or JFK will reopen this afternoon?

Hopefully most of the passengers they invited are able to drive to port today.

The airports aren't closed.

https://flightaware.com/live/airport/delays

22 hours ago, Baowen said:

Just arrived at JFK from Seattle. Saw the ship from the plane before landing. We got a late check in time of 2:30. I tried to check in on the app and on the web page but was unsuccessful until we thought to turn off the Royal  Caribbean wi-fi.  Got our negative Covid tests - ready to cruise!   

Will any of your group be doing live updates for us?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Will any of your group be doing live updates for us?

I will post the compass and any additional paperwork every day (WiFi willing). 

The  crew was super happy to see us. They had the lobster clams. Etc spread at the windjammer. Elevators have been empty. It’s raining pretty steady outside now.  They were offering over the water cabanas for $399!!!!😳. We were too late for those but got a chill island Cabana for $199 ($1,200 on my Cruise planner for Nov )

• Like 3

NJ resident here. It was a lot of heavy rain overnight last night, you will see some very dramatic pictures of localized flooding, but we get there here. We've had worse wind damage from routine bad lines of thunderstorms/tornadoes coming through this summer. It's dead calm outside my window at the moment. As others have said, maybe they might wait for some inbound passengers, but that's it.

Someone mentioned Sandy, this was less than 1% of Sandy. I will be forever traumatized by that storm, one of the few times in my life I've been truly scared. 

• Like 3