Bacon Every Other Day

Lee Cruiser

23 minutes ago, mrpayroll said:

No cruises for over 14 months, surely there can't be a pig shortage.

This is what happens when you make the pigs wear masks and stay six feet apart for social distancing  >>>>>>>>>>   shortage of pigs, tasty tasty pigs!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

many of our local restaurants have removed items from the menu or changed recipe's or prices because of food shortages and/or price increases. many have added a comment to the menu stating that some items still on the menu may not be available at times because of procurement issues.

4 minutes ago, volfan22701 said:

many of our local restaurants have removed items from the menu or changed recipe's or prices because of food shortages and/or price increases. many have added a comment to the menu stating that some items still on the menu may not be available at times because of procurement issues.

I hear ya. Sometimes when I see stuff like some items may not be available, I say well my money IS available if the product is. 

The supply chains of all kinds of things have been weirdly disrupted.  A few weeks ago we tried to buy some Shout or Spray'n'Wash or similar - the entire product shelf at our grocery store was empty.  A week later, they had only one type of product, a half-dozen of one of the Shout bottle sizes (and yes, we grabbed one).

And I have occasionally seen the bacon section pretty empty too recently, so this doesn't surprise me.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AtSeaWithChris said:

Grab some and put in your refrigerator for the next day. Lol. Then show up at breakfast with it on your plate and people will go mad trying to find it. 😎

Right.  Just say it's at the front or back of the buffet area. 🤣

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Right.  Just say it's at the front or back of the buffet area. 🤣

Not nearly cruel enough. Pick which ever dining area you are furthest from. If you are up top in Lido, send them to a restaurant on deck 3. 🤨

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Brew12 said:

Not nearly cruel enough. Pick which ever dining area you are furthest from. If you are up top in Lido, send them to a restaurant on deck 3. 🤨

So cruel and so brilliant. LOL.  Just be prepared to be thrown overboard once the angry mob figures out the truth.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

So cruel and so brilliant. LOL.  Just be prepared to be thrown overboard once the angry mob figures out the truth.

And that is when you point to the guy that put a towel on a chair at 6am so he could have it after lunch and say that he gave you the bacon and said that is where it came from. 😈

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Brew12 said:

And that is when you point to the guy that put a towel on a chair at 6am so he could have it after lunch and say that he gave you the bacon and said that is where it came from. 😈

Oh! I like that!  :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AtSeaWithChris said:

I hear ya. Sometimes when I see stuff like some items may not be available, I say well my money IS available if the product is. 

my company builds machinery and we are having huge problems getting components. particularly if from overseas. but also things from here too. electronics and some metals have gone from 3 or 4 weeks to 12 to 16 weeks lead times and cost have all gone up.

• Like 2