Allure of the Seas balcony cabins question

I am considering my first RC cruise on Allure of the Seas.  I would like comments/opinions on the different balacony choices.  I have always had ocean view balconies but wonder about the balconies facing the interior of the ship?  I apolozize if this subject has been previously discussed but I am really wanting to hear from people who have experienced these balconies.

My first choice is ALWAYS an ocean view balcony, but the others aren't bad.  Well, they remind me of NYC tenements.............instead of looking out at the ocean, you look out at hundreds of other balconies.  And it is imperative that you close your curtains at night, not just the sheers.  😉

That said, if the price difference is substantial, I have happily sailed in Central Park balcony cabins and Boardwalk balcony cabins.  To me, the BW at least has a better view.  Others prefer the park view.  From some BW balconies you can see the AquaTheater, which can be nice.  More airflow on a BW balcony, too.

• Like 2

We have had deck 8 ocean view balconies several times on Allure and Harmony.

We like to look out to sea.

We like to have room service breakfast on our balcony when we sail into port and viewing the port.

We like to have a drink on the balcony while leaving port looking at the departing port.

We like the privacy of an ocean view balcony.

An inside balcony is not for us sorry.

Graham.

• Like 3

We had a boardwalk a balcony on Allure and we liked it. We had the last cabin towards the back and it was awesome. 

we will be in Central Park on our 9/12 sailing on her. We got the cabin next to the ivy wall for some more “privacy”. 

always love ocean view balconies but CP and BW are so unique. 

I prefer an ocean view balcony, but you can’t beat the pricing sometimes on the other two types.

The only additional comment I will make in favour of CP over BW is the noise level.  With all that goes on at the rear of the ship it can be an issue.

1 hour ago, cruisegrandma3 said:

Thank yoy for your response and the pictures!  Will help us make our decision.

A little tip if you love water views. There is virtually nowhere inside the ship that has  a view of the Ocean. Other than MDR or Windjammer you need to above deck 14 to see water. Some of the BW balconies have a peek a boo view of the ocean. We always go with deck 12 forward hump cabins on Oasis class. happy cruising 

Edited by taglovestocruise
  • Like 1

I've only done a ocean view but didnt sit out even one time. Too hot. They are wasted on me. I have the very very last boardwalk balcony on the end booked and hope to watch the dive show and one of the double wide city park balconies to save some money. Boardwalk are my favorite and bucket list. I was so sorry I had ocean view last time and so jealous. Friends had boardwalk. Now I will too.

1 hour ago, ADunk said:

We had a boardwalk a balcony on Allure and we liked it. We had the last cabin towards the back and it was awesome. 

we will be in Central Park on our 9/12 sailing on her. We got the cabin next to the ivy wall for some more “privacy”. 

always love ocean view balconies but CP and BW are so unique. 

Did you get one ending in 29. 🤔

Dbl wide balcony 👍

20200109_133443.thumb.jpg.d7c218329fe947ceee13e57d2bbad4a9.jpg

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Dbl wide balcony 👍

I've got one one allure now after I moved allure from late feb 2023 to dec 2022. I had the end boardwalk but moved it to city park b2b with the boardwalk  .. plus bellas. So 2 of them. 

Galveston is now digging on that new terminal. 

Someone said allure is more than liberty ..I think totally worth more. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Dbl wide balcony 👍

yup! Exactly! We are in 11229 and our travel companions are next to us directly. We plan to have the barrier removed so MEGA balcony 

• Like 1

Have over 20 sailings on Oasis class in just about every category cabin there is. My preference on this class ship would be in something with an ocean view. Ocean views are a bit more limited on this class ship and having that Oceanview balcony makes it more enjoyable. The boardwalk and Central Park balconies are unique but offer very little privacy and really don't have that...Im on a ship feel.

• Like 1

I have done Ocean view, central park, and Boardwalk. I honestly love them all for different reasons! Depends on the time of year, pricing, and if I am in the mood for people watching or solitude. Central Park balconies have the charm of piped-in birdsong in the morning, and crickets chirping at night! Love that! The neighborhood balconies may not be for everyone, but I personally like them!

Edited by CruiszBug
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Cruised many times on Allure in OV balcony.  But once I decided on the Boardwalk balcony hopefully to see the Dive show from balcony.  Well, that was not a good choice as we were not far enough back to really view.  I guess if we were in the last cabin or maybe up to 3rd cabin back it would of been OK.  But the bad issue is noise, privacy and breeze.  Noise from the boardwalk traveled up to our balcony even with slider closed.  I can not remember what deck we were on but it was not that low.  Lack of privacy, i had to make sure curtain was closed while dressing which was a pain.  And balcony was hot as seemed no breeze was blowing.  Never again

• Like 1

We have always done Oceanview balcony, usually on a 'hump' to get a larger balcony.  I'm usually the one that sits out there all the time - son joins me sometimes, lol.  I'm just not a crowd person & love the balcony solitude and privacy, plus watching for flying fish! On our 1st Oasis cruise while walking through CP at night, Hubby & I commented on wonder what it would be like to get one of those balconies. On our upcoming Oasis cruise in December, it was actually cheaper for us to get 2 cabins for our party of 4 (me, Hubby, our son & his longtime girlfriend).  Sooo, we decided to book our normal hump cabin on deck 11 and #11629 in CP which is one of the 'secret' large balcony ones. So we'll get to check out the CP balconies and have an option on which balcony we want to go to!  Thanks to @John&LaLa's pic for helping us to definitely decide to try to CP one!

• Like 1

We prefer the ocean view balconies, but did a Central Park balcony on Oasis. We enjoyed hearing the musicians in the evening and people watching during the day. One caveat, we would not recommend these balconies in summer months - it gets very hot and there aren’t any sea breezes to cool you off.  

• Like 1