St Thomas (eastern route) and masks on board?

33 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Masks are required on all sailings at the moment irrespective of vaccinations.  See Seattle or Galveston.

They aren't on Celebrity which is sailing at 95% vaccinated. I would think that if these eastern sailings are vaccinated only over 12 they would be pretty much sailing at that or better,

Edited by bajathree

I think it has to do with how they "qualified" with the CDC to begin sailing again.  Royal and Celebrity went different directions..the St. Thomas edict came into play later.

My Celebrity cruise Aug 1 was perfect, I wish Royal had gone that route to return to cruising. 

That said, I'm on the Allure mid Sept on the Eastern Caribbean route.  We shall see.  I don't expect any issues...having the drink package should be helpful..  🙂

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, PTC DAWG said:

I think it has to do with how they "qualified" with the CDC to begin sailing again.  Royal and Celebrity went different directions..the St. Thomas edict came into play later.

My Celebrity cruise Aug 1 was perfect, I wish Royal had gone that route to return to cruising. 

That said, I'm on the Allure mid Sept on the Eastern Caribbean route.  We shall see.  I don't expect any issues...having the drink package should be helpful..  🙂

Being on the first Edge sailing back in June ...I second that...Think Royal made a mistake not going that route and bet if they had a crystal ball and saw Delta coming they may have chosen different.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bajathree said:

They aren't on Celebrity which is sailing at 95% vaccinated. I would think that if these eastern sailings are vaccinated only over 12 they would be pretty much sailing at that or better,

I think because Royal did the test/simulation cruises for less than 95% vaccinated I don't think they can change back and forth on mask requirements based on a ship's itinerary.    

Plus that would create way too much confusion for everyone.   

The CDC says if the cruise qualified under the test cruise guests have to wear masks indoors. Further - those itineraries requiring masks doesn't mean for sure that those cruises are 95%+ anyways - still could have over 5% under 12. I wouldn't hold my breath on not having to wear a mask. 

52 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I think because Royal did the test/simulation cruises for less than 95% vaccinated I don't think they can change back and forth on mask requirements based on a ship's itinerary.    

Plus that would create way too much confusion for everyone.   

OK, understand, but RCI currently has inside areas designated as Vax only therefore masks are not required in those areas.  On these "fully"  Vaxed cruises could they designate all inside areas as Vaxed only areas?  Therefore not masks required inside the ship.  Just asking.

• Like 1

RCI currently has inside areas designated as Vax only therefore masks are not required in those areas.  On these "fully"  Vaxed cruises could RCI designate all inside areas as Vaxed only areas?  Therefore no masks required inside the ship.  Just asking.

1 hour ago, bajathree said:

Being on the first Edge sailing back in June ...I second that...Think Royal made a mistake not going that route and bet if they had a crystal ball and saw Delta coming they may have chosen different.

Yes, except for Delta, Travel, Schools, Work, most the CV World would all be different See Masking on other lines, Vax or not coming and lasting. Royal as a Family Cruise Line now, when I started rare to see a child on any Cruise. At 21yrs old only had 2 passengers(18yrs old) younger then me...

Edited by ONECRUISER

1 hour ago, swooldri said:

RCI currently has inside areas designated as Vax only therefore masks are not required in those areas.  On these "fully"  Vaxed cruises could RCI designate all inside areas as Vaxed only areas?  Therefore no masks required inside the ship.  Just asking.

I understand but don't see them changing the rule based on the itinerary.   The ship does not sail to St. Thomas every week and it would just become too confusing for the crew.      And a ship is Not Fully vaxxed if you have children under 12 unvaxxed onboard.     

Plus I think we will see a lot more Caribbean islands set requirements like St. Thomas.      

St. Croix now requires everyone to wear a mask inside and outside.     Yes, outside too!

2 hours ago, swooldri said:

OK, understand, but RCI currently has inside areas designated as Vax only therefore masks are not required in those areas.  On these "fully"  Vaxed cruises could they designate all inside areas as Vaxed only areas?  Therefore not masks required inside the ship.  Just asking.

Thats exactly where I was going with my question....thanks:)