Whaletail taking on the biggest Whaletails of all B2B on Mardi Gras 8/21-28/21 And 8/28- 9/4

Interesting observation so far. As the week progresses I look forward to hearing about distribution of people at various times in various locations compared to your time onboard so far.  

From everything I've seen, and I don't know how reliable any of it is, the lowest numbers I've seen posted are around 3700 and the highest around 4300 for the handful of MG sailings so far. On a ship designed to hold up to 6500 pax with all berths filled, I wouldn't have thought 600 or fewer, one way or another, and still down below the 2/3 threshold, would make a very noticeable difference. But you are there in the room where it happens so your opinion wins.  What is the critical tipping point where the ship is too full? A lot of folks already sailed worry max will definitely be too full.  Of course different guest demographics might be more or less drawn to certain spaces so even the same size crowd could lead to different results.

So many venues were underused, though, especially early in the cruise before people had their bearings - which could mean bottlenecks as they all congregate in other places. Alchemy was popular of course, Fortune Teller quickly became busy, but even at the end Brass Magnolia, while never quite abandoned, also never looked packed. Early Punchliner shows always had seats but the late ones filled up, while Grand Central was only really busy a few times - such as at Deal or No Deal, but even then we snuck in just as it was ending, to watch the following show, and we easily found seats down on deck 6. 

Guest Services is an inadequately small space, especially at the beginning of the cruise when lots of folks are having initial issues and others are trying to pass through toward Summer Landing.  It's not clear that the aft elevator lobby right behind it will take you through to the Smokehouse and other venues. They need signage or something to direct through traffic.

You also mentioned sailaway was more fun this time - so this is several differences so far. More children, more Europeans, higher energy / noisier people, possibly higher head count overall. 

You may have to strike up some conversations with your fellow passengers and find out what's afoot. You know, for us, your adoring public. 💗

Edited by KmomChicago
  • Like 3

On 8/27/2021 at 6:41 PM, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

Ah the last night where Guests Services starts calling down all the people with declined cards ext

Not sure why, but I can't recall hearing that very much (at all?) on other lines. But it does seem to be something you can almost set your clock by on Carnival.

Tom

2 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Not sure why, but I can't recall hearing that very much (at all?) on other lines. But it does seem to be something you can almost set your clock by on Carnival.

Tom

Certainly has nothing to do with the "notorious" reputation of the line's clientele. . . .

3 minutes ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

Water is smooth as glass today, Made my way down to Brunch and they tried to seat me at a very dirty table for some reason but the hostess saw this and immediately went and changed this. It’s apparently Russian roulette on getting a table.

B7945D6F-02F5-4CFF-83D2-3B291D6E6F44.thumb.jpeg.f9245d941a5a73e6304209c4a4321c6b.jpeg

Someone asked me whether the Palm looked overly retro and spare to the point of cafeteria decor. I have always loved minimalist and mid-century modern, so I found it gorgeous and a signal of the post-Farcus evolution of the line’s overall design, without descending to the bland beigeness of every hotel built in the past ten years. 

Care to weigh in?

3 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

Someone asked me whether the Palm looked overly retro and spare to the point of cafeteria decor. I have always loved minimalist and mid-century modern, so I found it gorgeous and a signal of the post-Farcus evolution of the line’s overall design, without descending to the bland beigeness of every hotel built in the past ten years. 

Care to weigh in?

I mean it isn’t the most elegant of decor but I have enjoyed it. This entire ship is so beautiful dining rooms included. The people calling this cafeteria decor probably need to go cruise Celebrity or Cunard lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, HxFx said:

How is the temperature of the ship indoors in the evenings? Have you noticed women needing wraps/long sleeves in MDR/shows? Is it pretty consistent? Thanks!

Not sure I am the best to judge this since at home I keep my home at like 65 lol. I have found it comfortable mostly, No one is wearing long sleeves or anything like that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Making my way down to my favorite bar I step into the elevator and immediately get dressed down by an older lady in her bathing suit. She says you aren’t going to dinner dressed like that are you? Mind you I am in some nice jeans and a polo. So I retorted back well you aren’t going like that are you? And when you pay for my cruise fare then you can tell me how to dress. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

13 minutes ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

B9F38E7A-B2F5-40DE-9539-F17A6B1A308B.thumb.jpeg.5eb492e2e57513481948b71aadfe0376.jpeg7B142111-C06D-45DB-A4A5-14E525785396.thumb.jpeg.208cc6c28272604c4ea33550f6bd8d03.jpegC1450B52-98D1-4042-BAB8-33A34DDDF4AE.thumb.jpeg.f3de6658fca3a3f0e6ea00543917765e.jpegBA2E379E-AB05-4526-AF9F-DA7C9B489F13.thumb.jpeg.ec38e9c592ceb1e407a9090612d7c75e.jpeg

Dinner

Wow quite a dinner and it looks like this finally settles the great lobster mystery - it and only it is available at Cucina (and I assume at Chibang!) on night 2 so that YTD people won't necessarily demand to be in the Flamingo to get it.

26 minutes ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

3FEE7266-8B96-4E13-9ECB-CE30B4896899.thumb.jpeg.4107485deac4aa0a5f55d0265336bbdc.jpeg2A759D20-C737-4A33-8FDB-55C3C554485C.thumb.jpeg.3a3898b6012d9656ed7b6a8c392441b1.jpeg

Much better……

Also this is @KmomChicagoshe issued me a challenge to eat every night in here and it might just happen lol

YOU CAN DO IT! I believe in you @WhaleTailFlCruiser.🏆

I ate there 2 nights in a row myself (nights 6 and 7) and the 2nd night I did my thing from my pre-cruise planner, just had 3 appetizers, a side and dessert, no entree. Yummy.   Let's face it, the menu has plenty of options to never repeat in the course of a week, plus the &more options from MDR. 

But eat anywhere you like, don't listen to me. We never made it to Emeril's and I haven't quite gotten over it.

2 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

YOU CAN DO IT! I believe in you @WhaleTailFlCruiser.🏆

I ate there 2 nights in a row myself (nights 6 and 7) and the 2nd night I did my thing from my pre-cruise planner, just had 3 appetizers, a side and dessert, no entree. Yummy.   Let's face it, the menu has plenty of options to never repeat in the course of a week, plus the &more options from MDR. 

But eat anywhere you like, don't listen to me. We never made it to Emeril's and I haven't quite gotten over it.

I have looked at Emerils menu and it honestly doesn’t appeal to me. 

• Like 1