Princess extends COVID protocols for USA based sailings until December 31st

CineGraphic

Several of the self administered, monitored tests are sold at CVS/ Walgreens, etc., so you can buy it beforehand and have it with you, do it when you choose. Print out the Princess qualifications and then use those when getting your test at the store or online in advance

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jwattle said:

One is Abbott Binax Now. It is acceptable by Princess. Print out the Princess qualifications and then use those when getting your test at the store or online in advance. The Abbott Binax has a twelve month shelf life. Several of the self administered, monitored tests are sold at CVS/ Walgreens, etc., so you can buy it beforehand and have it with you, do it when you choose. 🙂

This is the test used at my place of income enhancement. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, caribill said:

But is essentially unavailable since the manufacturer destroyed most of its inventory and stopped its manufacture.  The company is scrambling to restart production.

https://www.fiercebiotech.com/medtech/as-covid-surges-yet-again-abbott-responds-to-report-it-destroyed-old-diagnostic-tests

It is still available on the Navica app

I had the one shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine.  It is a vector vaccine, according to Google.  If I am understanding this correctly, I am not considered fully vaccinated for Princess purposes.  Any comments??

In accordance with health authority guidance, guests who have received one single dose of a vector vaccine (e.g. AstraZeneca) and only one single dose of a mRNA vaccine (e.g. Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna) will not be considered fully vaccinated. Guests who have received two doses of a vector vaccine or two single doses of mixed mRNA vaccines will be considered fully vaccinated and will be permitted to sail, so long as the final dose is received at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise.

12 minutes ago, Mflem1278 said:

I had the one shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine.  It is a vector vaccine, according to Google.  If I am understanding this correctly, I am not considered fully vaccinated for Princess purposes.  Any comments??

In accordance with health authority guidance, guests who have received one single dose of a vector vaccine (e.g. AstraZeneca) and only one single dose of a mRNA vaccine (e.g. Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna) will not be considered fully vaccinated. Guests who have received two doses of a vector vaccine or two single doses of mixed mRNA vaccines will be considered fully vaccinated and will be permitted to sail, so long as the final dose is received at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise.

You are considered vaccinated with J&J per the Princess website since it was approved by the FDA.  AstraZeneca has NOT been approved by the FDA.

Acceptable vaccines are those that have an emergency use authorization or listing from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or the World Health Organization (WHO).

Edited by Syracusefan44
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Syracusefan44 said:

You are considered vaccinated with J&J per the Princess website since it was approved by the FDA.  AstraZeneca has NOT been approved by the FDA.

Acceptable vaccines are those that have an emergency use authorization or listing from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or the World Health Organization (WHO).

Here is a copy of a screenshot from a couple of weeks ago. It was a Princess presentation to attempt to clarify the ever changing information on acceptable vaccines. This is also quite puzzling as 2 shots of AZ or 1 shot of AZ plus 2 of Pfizer or Moderna are acceptable, considering the fact that AZ was never approved for use in US. 

801BAD76-EA79-4241-A3C6-DC3AE601EC83.png

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Syracusefan44 said:

AstraZeneca is accepted by Princess if you have had 2 doses.    There are several of us on this board who were in the drug trial and received the actual AstraZeneca vaccine in the US.  Absolutely no issues boarding in Seattle as we have the CDC vaccine cards like every other fully vaccinated US resident.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/23/2021 at 10:19 AM, Happy2cruise said:

Also read for over 75 it only covers one trip per year. May want to verify with medjet to be sure. 

WOW that is interesting INFO thank you for the heads up - I ran into that age 75 restriction on Life Insurance when my father passed away.  He'd been paying for a policy that no longer covered him as he was past 75.  When I did his estate and found the policy.  I applied for the payout and was sent a check for the payments he'd made after the age of 75.  As opposed to the amount he thought he'd been paying for - so sad as he could have used that money.  We kids were fine without it - he'd wanted to leave us something. Scrimped and saved to make those payments which were accepted by the insurance company.  It's OUTRAGEOUS that this is allowed to happen.  Talk about age discrimination.

THANK YOU AGAIN for the heads up on this

Edited by hugger
  • Like 1

Thank you ALL for your sharing your experiences with testing.

The information and and links to the sites.

I think we may order six of the Abbot Binax to have on hand. As we have three cruises booked and a trip to Michigan.  

For our first cruise - I was able to make an appointment with a local pharmacy 3 months out to have the antigen test performed.  Being we're going just after a holiday weekend.  And, our two day period happens to  falls on a Sunday.  I think we'll feel safer having both options available to us.

As the labs won't be open on Sunday - which leaves us with one day to get the test done and results back.  

I truly appreciate all of your help with this issue.

1 hour ago, hugger said:

WOW that is interesting INFO thank you for the heads up - I ran into that age 75 restriction on Life Insurance when my father passed away.  He'd been paying for a policy that no longer covered him as he was past 75.  When I did his estate and found the policy.  I applied for the payout and was sent a check for the payments he'd made after the age of 75.  As opposed to the amount he thought he'd been paying for - so sad as he could have used that money.  We kids were fine without it - he'd wanted to leave us something. Scrimped and saved to make those payments which were accepted by the insurance company.  It's OUTRAGEOUS that this is allowed to happen.  Talk about age discrimination.

THANK YOU AGAIN for the heads up on this

Insurance companies really do like taking money much more than paying it out. They probably thought they were doing you a favor returning those premiums that they never should have collected. Shame on them.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, hugger said:

Thank you ALL for your sharing your experiences with testing.

The information and and links to the sites.

I think we may order six of the Abbot Binax to have on hand. As we have three cruises booked and a trip to Michigan.  

For our first cruise - I was able to make an appointment with a local pharmacy 3 months out to have the antigen test performed.  Being we're going just after a holiday weekend.  And, our two day period happens to  falls on a Sunday.  I think we'll feel safer having both options available to us.

As the labs won't be open on Sunday - which leaves us with one day to get the test done and results back.  

I truly appreciate all of your help with this issue.

Remember those Abbot tests have expiration dates.  I do not believe there are any right now that will work past December or January