New CDC guidance

shuguley

On 8/21/2021 at 2:57 PM, ronrick1943 said:

I really don’t see much difference if your on a plane or in an hotel—you just need common sense.

These days there are so many people who don't have or use common sense.

4 hours ago, Pcardad said:

Regent has publicly stated their policy is to follow the mask regulations in the country they are visiting...Ie., the mask regulations of the country will be followed on the ship. The policy is stated on their website.

So what do you think might happens when they're in international waters?  No masks on the ship?  Just wondering?

7 hours ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Herb and I are in our eighties. We have had ongoing health issues for many years. We jut got our #3 vaccine this week. Doctors recommended to get it. 
We are planning to be on our December 8th Regent cruise. Not many years left to enjoy life!

sheila

If you're in your 80s, you might as well go out having some fun anyway, that's my philosophy. If I was in your position, I'd probably ignore the CDC's recommendation completely. 😁

I'm a young guy with most of my life still ahead of me so I can't begrudge people for wanting to enjoy their last years. As long as they're vaccinated so they don't end up overloading health systems. 

Edited by nonu731
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Ladys Mom said:

I don't think they are going to increase the number of guests on our cruise by 40% by November.

I’m sharing exactly what they said in the earnings call. Do you have other information?

On 8/22/2021 at 6:16 PM, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Herb and I are in our eighties. We have had ongoing health issues for many years. We jut got our #3 vaccine this week. Doctors recommended to get it. 
We are planning to be on our December 8th Regent cruise. Not many years left to enjoy life!

sheila

Go for it

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

CSO extended until at least 15 January 2022 whilst many small changes were made to the requirements primarily incorporating previous "letters."  I skimmed the whole 50+ pages and I could not find anything that seemed to refer to ships with 100% vaccination (i.e., Regent) outside of US waters transitioning to US waters remaining at 100% vaccination.  There used to be a two week period wherein a ship was not allowed to take passengers before embarking passengers in USA.  Can anyone confirm that such a restriction no longer exists?

thanks,

Marc

Thanks for giving notice that it was extended.  Will read it late night when I can't sleep.  The good news is "the CSO and accompanying measures, such as technical instructions, are nonbinding recommendations for cruise ships arriving in, located within, or departing from a port in Florida. CDC is continuing to operate the CSO as a voluntary program for such ships that choose to follow the CSO measures voluntarily."  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mrlevin said:

There used to be a two week period wherein a ship was not allowed to take passengers before embarking passengers in USA.  Can anyone confirm that such a restriction no longer exists?

There is a paragraph on one of the CDC technical instructions pages which seems to offer some wriggle room:

"CDC has provided an alternative to ships sailing out of foreign ports with passengers and repositioning to the U.S., in lieu of operating with no passengers for 14 days prior to resuming passenger operations in U.S. waters. Cruise ship operators may contact CDC to request this information"

Perhaps @Jennefer Teegencan give us reassurance that Regent has everything in place to ensure CDC compliance for the repositioning of Explorer & Splendor, and the restart of Mariner.

• Thanks 1

Flossie - It looks like the promised and much anticipated travel restrictions have now been eased for your Mariner cruise.  Fingers crossed that you won't run into any more travel issues getting to Miami.  Best Regards.  

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2021/10/25/US-lift-restrictions-fully-vaccinated-international-travelers-November-8/8611635198736/

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mrlevin said:

CSO extended until at least 15 January 2022 whilst many small changes were made to the requirements primarily incorporating previous "letters."

Here is a link to the 54 page CSO extension/modification document:

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/pdf/CDC-CSO-Extension-10-25-21-p.pdf

Only worth trying to read if you suffer from insomnia .............. you will be asleep before long 😉

10 hours ago, flossie009 said:

@flossie009 We are excited to welcome our valued guests on board Seven Seas Explorer® and Seven Seas Splendor® very soon, for what will be our first cruises from US ports since the voluntary, industry-wide pause in operations. Our teams have been working extremely hard to ensure that not only will our cruises be compliant with all relevant CDC requirements without the 14-day pause in operations, but that they offer the safest possible environment to travel the world, while protecting the health and well-being of our guests, crew and the communities visited. Let us know if you have any further questions. 

10 hours ago, flossie009 said:

There is a paragraph on one of the CDC technical instructions pages which seems to offer some wriggle room:

"CDC has provided an alternative to ships sailing out of foreign ports with passengers and repositioning to the U.S., in lieu of operating with no passengers for 14 days prior to resuming passenger operations in U.S. waters. Cruise ship operators may contact CDC to request this information"

Perhaps @Jennefer Teegencan give us reassurance that Regent has everything in place to ensure CDC compliance for the repositioning of Explorer & Splendor, and the restart of Mariner.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...