Great Job This Week MSC

dexddd

Here you go. 

URGENT MESSAGE from MSC Cruises RE: Booking # New rules announced by the Bahamas require all visitors ages 12+ to be fully vaccinated. We are now requiring all guests age 12+ to be fully vaccinated on cruises departing Sep. 3 through & including Oct. 31. All fully vaccinated guests, 12+ years old, must show their original CDC card at embarkation. Copies/pictures not accepted. All guests are required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test at the pier. Tests must be taken no more than 3 days prior to departure and the guest is responsible for the cost. Fully vaccinated guests (ages 12+) must provide: a negative RT-PCR, other nucleic acid amplification NAAT, or negative antigen test. Not fully vaccinated guests (ages 2 -11) must provide a negative RT-PCR or NAAT at the pier (antigen will not be accepted). Health & Safety FAQs: https://rb.gy/vltgtf Questions: 1-877-665-4655 or call your Travel Advisor. Reply Stop to cancel. Msg&Data rates may apply.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soloadventurer said:

Are these changes relating to U.S cruises ?

Changes posted to MSC site last week. Two changes, depending on destination, Caribbean or Europe. Check under Health and Safety tab at top of MSC page.  Obviously, Bahamian requirements are for Caribbean cruises . 

15 minutes ago, phissy said:

Changes posted to MSC site last week. Two changes, depending on destination, Caribbean or Europe. Check under Health and Safety tab at top of MSC page.  Obviously, Bahamian requirements are for Caribbean cruises . 

Don’t see anything new for Europe

3 hours ago, lovemycruisetoo said:

Here you go. 

URGENT MESSAGE from MSC Cruises RE: Booking # New rules announced by the Bahamas require all visitors ages 12+ to be fully vaccinated. We are now requiring all guests age 12+ to be fully vaccinated on cruises departing Sep. 3 through & including Oct. 31. All fully vaccinated guests, 12+ years old, must show their original CDC card at embarkation. Copies/pictures not accepted. All guests are required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test at the pier. Tests must be taken no more than 3 days prior to departure and the guest is responsible for the cost. Fully vaccinated guests (ages 12+) must provide: a negative RT-PCR, other nucleic acid amplification NAAT, or negative antigen test. Not fully vaccinated guests (ages 2 -11) must provide a negative RT-PCR or NAAT at the pier (antigen will not be accepted). Health & Safety FAQs: https://rb.gy/vltgtf Questions: 1-877-665-4655 or call your Travel Advisor. Reply Stop to cancel. Msg&Data rates may apply.

Why is it just a cdc card, are Canadians all of the sudden not vaccinated anymore even if we got both shots. This ***** is crazy.

I have no idea why but my Canadian friend is booked on 10/31 and she didn’t get any info about it from her TA either. 

I suggested she bring whatever docs she has with her vaccine info on it. MSC should know by now that the CDC is an US government department and other countries have their own type of documents. 

I'm not sure that informing some people about changes, which is quite rare for MSC, is deserving of congratulations.  This is what they are supposed to be doing, but typically do not.

Edited by Stockjock

19 hours ago, miataman19 said:

On the Oct. 2nd sailing also. I've gotten emails when I made any changes to my booking but never have I gotten a text. Everything in my profile is accurate. No email or text about the changes. Could it be that because both of us are already vaccinated and it is checked off on the paperwork that they never sent the new info?

No, we are all vaxxed as well.  It is odd how cruise lines do things.  We never get notice from NCL on changes yet it seems 50% of the others do.  Seems same happening with MSC.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, vintagegarage said:

How hard is for someone who received the text to post the contents of it here.. this topic is just one big tease.... LOL

For us older folks, not so easy.  But it is on the MSC US web page and has been posted here on CC.

4 hours ago, Stockjock said:

I'm not sure that informing some people about changes, which is quite rare for MSC, is deserving of congratulations.  This is what they are supposed to be doing, but typically do not.

Your response is exactly why they got acknowledged. 

Oh, and by the way, that was from EF Hutton.

Edited by dexddd

17 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

We've been kept up to date by our TA throughout, and this is precisely why we use a travel agent in the first place.

I don't like humans. That being said I shouldn't be penalized for this.

• Like 1