Saint Greg's Mardi Gras - LIVE - August 28th-September 4th 2021

Saint Greg

While I'm here this is the embarkation video:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTZ4JFLFB3F/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

If you want to make yours better turn to the left after that staircase and you're in the grand central theater area. I didn't know where the heck I was at the time.

This is the bathroom door video.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTb9wO8lRPP/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

This is the time lapse video leaving Amber Cove and Magic.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTUxbEblKGa/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

This is Magic backing into Amber Cove. Don't get me started with the back in. There's probably some guy on the secret deck up front ready to film the arrival and he gets the back in instead.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTUfvUplftd/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

This is the Carnival Magic lido deck in Amber Cove

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTSSdE8FnZP/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I'll be posting a lot more videos. Things you probably had no clue I was recording. I post something to instagram each day and the videos will be going on there first so I can have them available to embed in my blogs. Blogs will happen on Mondays. Unless I determine there aren't enough Mondays between now and Panorama. Then I'll start adding in Fridays as well. With all of my Mexico trips I was doing Monday, Wednesday, Friday at one point. That was crazy.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 4

Greg awesome as always!! Thoroughly enjoyed your perspective and I am now itching to book the Mardi Gras, but I would need to do a B2B to make sure I got see and eat my way through everything!! Can’t wait for your next 2 adventures, will be waiting patiently for the kickoff!!

~Jay~

• Like 1

We're not seeing Afternoon Tea under the What's Happening or the Hungry For More sections on the daily event sheet on sea days. Do you know if Carnival discontinued the tradition of Afternoon Tea service? ( I know some may say "look who you're asking! " but Greg knows lots of stuff besides cocktails and beer 🙂 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

We're not seeing Afternoon Tea under the What's Happening or the Hungry For More sections on the daily event sheet on sea days. Do you know if Carnival discontinued the tradition of Afternoon Tea service? ( I know some may say "look who you're asking! " but Greg knows lots of stuff besides cocktails and beer 🙂 

I appreciate the confidence. But shockingly I barely knew about the tea time when it existed. And it may still. I don't know. When someone at the bar asked me about it. I thought they were talking about something that happened over a the mini golf course.

• Haha 7

24 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I appreciate the confidence. But shockingly I barely knew about the tea time when it existed. And it may still. I don't know. When someone at the bar asked me about it. I thought they were talking about something that happened over a the mini golf course.

I found a tea time listed for Thursday, September 2nd. If you take a cocktail with you one sea day at 3pm to the aft of the Vista Dining Room aboard Panorama in October you may be pleasantly surprised. They serve the best desserts aboard the ship at tea time and the sweet scones served with thick, rich whipped cream ARE something to write home about. And yes, you can ask to be seated at a table all to yourself and no you don't have to drink tea.

1111111.jpg

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

I found a tea time listed for Thursday, September 2nd. If you take a cocktail with you one sea day at 3pm to the aft of the Vista Dining Room aboard Panorama in October you may be pleasantly surprised. They serve the best desserts aboard the ship at tea time and the sweet scones served with thick, rich whipped cream ARE something to write home about. And yes, you can ask to be seated at a table all to yourself and no you don't have to drink tea.

Are those desserts…buffet?

54 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Are those desserts…buffet?

No, that's a service cart the staff pull up to your table with and ask you what you would like and they serve you. They come around more than once and there is another cart with savory items. Sorry, Greg, you won't be able to run in and load up a plate and run out of there and take your bounty to Alchemy to chow down on. 🙂 

BTW, attire is strictly casual with only pool swimsuits and similar not permitted. 

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Roscoe13 said:

I subscribed.

Not sure if I got the right subscription though...some guy who went by Packer Craig...is that you?

I mean, who do you think you are, Keith Hernandez?

I wish. Keith does the Mets broadcasts which of course I watch. And a couple times every year that episode comes up. He still gets paid for that. On the other side of things, I listen to the Saints broadcasts which Bobby Hebert is on. He wasn’t on Seinfeld but his name was. He doesn’t get paid but he did get a signed script. His son-in-law who is a screenwriter and filming a show for Netflix in Mexico right now has told him when the time comes that he starts handing out his possessions, that’s the one thing he wants.

Another good Keith story I heard recently was he has this thing with adults wearing jerseys. Which I do. I have one saints jersey that I wear to games. It’s a Brees one. I may bring it on panorama with some eye black since it’s a Halloween themed cruise and the Saints have a Monday night game that week. Anyway…Keith Hernandez and Ron Darling were in their hotel in…Boston I think it was. And these two fans in their 50’s in Red Sox jerseys come in giving them a hard time. Keith looks them up and down and asks “how old are you?” Then the elevator dings and it’s Keith’s floor so he gets out. Ron is left in the the elevator alone with them. The doors close. They look at each other and scream “THAT WAS AWESOME!”

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

No, that's a service cart the staff pull up to your table with and ask you what you would like and they serve you. They come around more than once and there is another cart with savory items. Sorry, Greg, you won't be able to run in and load up a plate and run out of there and take your bounty to Alchemy to chow down on. 🙂 

BTW, attire is strictly casual with only pool swimsuits and similar not permitted. 

If you thought I was rooting for buffet you don’t know me at all.