Saint Greg's Mardi Gras - LIVE - August 28th-September 4th 2021

Saint Greg

3 minutes ago, lele100 said:

Thank you for this,  I see not much choices for lunch on embarkation day,  The other ships had cucina and jiji for lunch opened on embarkation

Yeah I think there's more in the lido buffet on this ship than the others though. That includes the street eats, sea dogs, and the swarma place. Big chicken was what I wanted.

On 9/2/2021 at 12:02 PM, Saint Greg said:

right now they have YTD in cucina and chibang. And the cucina and chibang food is included. I believe the bbq as well.

How did you know that cucina and chibang food is included in the YTD?  We board Mardi Gras on Sat 9/11 and would like to take advantage of it if it's still available.   

Did you need to make reservations?  If so, how did you do it?

Thanks to this review, I'm more excited than ever to board!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, flwinejunkie said:

How did you know that cucina and chibang food is included in the YTD?  We board Mardi Gras on Sat 9/11 and would like to take advantage of it if it's still available.   

Did you need to make reservations?  If so, how did you do it?

Thanks to this review, I'm more excited than ever to board!

Well they announced it a little while back. And at the time I made two reservations at Chibang! But now it's on the card....and it's on the app. That last night I just went in the app, requesting a table for cucina and was seated within 10 minutes.

01740247-BD92-492F-92AD-DB39F7F8913A.thu

5F4D8E4C-F63D-48CE-A7B2-1A0241D22B53.thu

5 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Well they announced it a little while back. And at the time I made two reservations at Chibang! But now it's on the card....and it's on the app. That last night I just went in the app, requesting a table for cucina and was seated within 10 minutes.

Thanks for your quick response Greg!  I noticed that it was mentioned on your card in the earlier picture but didn't put 2 and 2 together.  Good to know I can try to reserve last minute.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, flwinejunkie said:

Thanks for your quick response Greg!  I noticed that it was mentioned on your card in the earlier picture but didn't put 2 and 2 together.  Good to know I can try to reserve last minute.  

Besides Cucina and Chibang, Pig & Anchor is also available for dinner.  Their menu has changed on the Mardi Gras and it now includes a daily special.  The Saturday special is a 7 oz filet and the Sunday special is a 10 oz Strip Steak.  The menu at Cucina also has new additions for lunch, including soup, salad and apps like mozzarella sticks.  Dinner though has also changed and the Tomahawk pork chop is gone and replaced with a sad looking replacement that I saw an online picture of.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Besides Cucina and Chibang, Pig & Anchor is also available for dinner.  Their menu has changed on the Mardi Gras and it now includes a daily special.  The Saturday special is a 7 oz filet and the Sunday special is a 10 oz Strip Steak.  The menu at Cucina also has new additions for lunch, including soup, salad and apps like mozzarella sticks.  Dinner though has also changed and the Tomahawk pork chop is gone and replaced with a sad looking replacement that I saw an online picture of.

There are really to many food opportunities to use, but options are a good thing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

That should be the only reason to ever go to Freeport.

I know pre-COVID carnival was talking about building a huge cruise port area in Freeport. I haven’t heard anything about their plans since then but that would be another reason if they do build it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

I know pre-COVID carnival was talking about building a huge cruise port area in Freeport. I haven’t heard anything about their plans since then but that would be another reason if they do build it.

There are many plans that have gotten squashed due to the NASTY virus.  Let’s face it, it is close, fairly inexpensive and some upside (if they build the plans…..)

• Like 1

I thoroughly enjoyed your review it was awesome.  I was wondering do you know if you are able to view the Hub app for your cruise while in the terminal ready to board?  I was wondering so that I could get a head start on making a dinner reservation  Thanks

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lele100 said:

I thoroughly enjoyed your review it was awesome.  I was wondering do you know if you are able to view the Hub app for your cruise while in the terminal ready to board?  I was wondering so that I could get a head start on making a dinner reservation  Thanks

I didn't try it. You would have to connect to the ship wifi. My guess is you would probably lose it in there. But you could try.

29 minutes ago, lele100 said:

That's exactly what I am planning on doing next month while waiting to get on the Mardi Gras.  I'll set up my four Chibang and Cucina reservations for the week.

Hello, I don't remember if you posted a picture of the menu for Emerils.  I see the menu on Carnival website, but it does not have prices.  Did you get a picture of the  menu with prices?  If so would greatly appreciate it if you can post it.  Thank you

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

That's exactly what I am planning on doing next month while waiting to get on the Mardi Gras.  I'll set up my four Chibang and Cucina reservations for the week.

We reserved our dinners for 4 right before we wanted to go each night for Chibang and Cucina.  Never had to wait more than 10 minutes.  I wouldn’t stress too much about getting reservations right away. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, lele100 said:

Hello, I don't remember if you posted a picture of the menu for Emerils.  I see the menu on Carnival website, but it does not have prices.  Did you get a picture of the  menu with prices?  If so would greatly appreciate it if you can post it.  Thank you

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2797593-saint-gregs-mardi-gras-live-august-28th-september-4th-2021/page/43/?tab=comments#comment-61741714

47 minutes ago, lele100 said:

and here's the kid's menu. I was right about having forgot it a couple days earlier.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2797593-saint-gregs-mardi-gras-live-august-28th-september-4th-2021/page/62/?tab=comments#comment-61753456

4 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

That's not how it works. You can't make advance YTD reservations. You can ONLY make same day dinner reservations and the app doesn't allow one to make a dinner reservation until the dining location's are open at 5:30pm. Once reservations are open you can only submit for a first come first serve queue; in other words you can't pick or request a specific time to dine. 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

That's not how it works. You can't make advance YTD reservations. You can ONLY make same day dinner reservations and the app doesn't allow one to make a dinner reservation until the dining location's are open at 5:30pm. Once reservations are open you can only submit for a first come first serve queue; in other words you can't pick or request a specific time to dine. 

There may be some confusion based on some of my posts because back when they first announced chibang would be included, I made two reservations. A couple weeks after that they removed it from the site. I assumed they filled up. But maybe they just changed it to the request a table when you're ready deal. My reservations stayed on my account and were honored.

10 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

There may be some confusion based on some of my posts because back when they first announced chibang would be included, I made two reservations. A couple weeks after that they removed it from the site. I assumed they filled up. But maybe they just changed it to the request a table when you're ready deal. My reservations stayed on my account and were honored.

That's the reason for my clarification post. There's already two people on this thread thinking you can make advanced dinner reservations on the app. The only restaurants you can make advanced reservations in the app for a specific time are the same ones you can do on the cruise planner website.

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 2