Steakhouse Wine Promotion

Fla Mike

On 8/22/2021 at 10:00 AM, Fla Mike said:

Thanks

One, well, two more more questions...

If we opt for the free cheap bottle, is it one bottle per table, or per couple?

And can the 50% off be used on multiple bottles?

We are cruising with newbies and thought about treating them to dinner, and cheap booze always helps!

We had 6 people for my son's birthday, 2 bottles of wine with dinner and picked champagne with dessert. This was before covid

We will have multiple families sailing on the Magic this March. Would really like to book steakhouse because I love the food.  But also want to book the first night to take advantage of buying bottles of wine at 50% off. Can anyone chime in that have had luck buying unopened bottles to take with them?

59 minutes ago, Momma1980 said:

We will have multiple families sailing on the Magic this March. Would really like to book steakhouse because I love the food.  But also want to book the first night to take advantage of buying bottles of wine at 50% off. Can anyone chime in that have had luck buying unopened bottles to take with them?

No. You can buy bottles as you drink them.

1 hour ago, Momma1980 said:

I purchased the wine package on MG in October (I know, not same Steakhouse promotion) and found every varietal of white wine too gold in color and slightly off in taste.  My guess is that the wine was kept in storage during the Covid pause and is now being served.  I had a glass of wine on my Jan 13 2022 Sunshine cruise and it was too gold and didn't taste like Sauvignon Blanc.  Carnival needs to freshen up their white wine supplies. 

24 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I purchased the wine package on MG in October (I know, not same Steakhouse promotion) and found every varietal of white wine too gold in color and slightly off in taste.  My guess is that the wine was kept in storage during the Covid pause and is now being served.  I had a glass of wine on my Jan 13 2022 Sunshine cruise and it was too gold and didn't taste like Sauvignon Blanc.  Carnival needs to freshen up their white wine supplies. 

You should just make the full jump to reds 🙂

Tom

2 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

You should just make the full jump to reds 🙂

Tom

Then I would scare everyone with my "vampire" smile!  Unfortunately my teeth enamel soaks up red wine like a sponge and it's not pretty.  When I do imbibe I use hydrogen peroxide to clean up.  Oh well, more red wine for you😃

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mfrometa said:

Is the promo for the steakhouse on the first night 50% off of wine or a free bottle ? Haven't cruised in a long time so I am looking for all the help I can get.

Thank you all and have a good day.

The promo is either a free bottle (you get what you pay for in the opinion of some) or 50% off. Typically this (at least the 50% off) also applies on the first cruise elegant evening, which is usually night 2.

Tom

5 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

The promo is either a free bottle (you get what you pay for in the opinion of some) or 50% off. Typically this (at least the 50% off) also applies on the first cruise elegant evening, which is usually night 2.

Tom

Thank you for the help. We are planning on buying the Cheers Package, do you know if the bottle of wine will count towards the 15 drink max?

1 minute ago, mfrometa said:

Thank you for the help. We are planning on buying the Cheers Package, do you know if the bottle of wine will count towards the 15 drink max?

Enjoy the ease of paying one flat price for your spirited beverages over the entire length of your cruise.  Now, that’s something to cheer about! Save 10% by purchasing before you sail. 

Cut-off for pre-purchase is 11:59 PM the day before embarkation and 9:00pm EST through call center. Additional restrictions apply, see below.

CHEERS! INCLUDES:

• All spirits (including cocktails), as well as beer and wine by the glass with a $20.00 or lower menu price 
  • Sodas, Zero-Proof frozen cocktails, energy drinks, specialty coffee, hot tea, 500ml bottled water and other non-alcoholic bottled beverages
  • Packaged water in the Dining Room and Specialty Restaurants
  • 25% discount off the menu price for any spirit or wine by the glass above $20.00
  • 25% discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle
  • 25% discount off beverage seminars and classes

CHEERS! EXCLUDES:

• Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses
  • Bottles of liquor
  • Beverages offered at gangway
  • Beverages offered through room service, mini bars and/or in-stateroom beverage programs
  • Sharing cocktails, floaters, pitchers, tubes and buckets
  • Beverages offered through enomatic wine machines
  • All other beverage-related programs including merchandise, cigars and cigarettes
  • Food items

Applicable state and local taxes will be charged to the guest folio when this program is used within US waters. The tax is based on the state's tax structure and the cost of the individual drink purchased (not the daily program rate). For example: if the drink price is $5 and the tax is 10%, the guest's Sail & Sign card will be charged $0.50 for tax. This applies to all US ports (embarkation home ports and ports-of-call). Cheers Package is inclusive of VAT, if and as applicable on European cruises. Cheers package begins on Day 2 for ships sailing from Texas and New York - activation will occur at 6:00am on the second day of the cruise. Package is non-transferable and non-refundable after 10:00pm ET the evening before departure.

On 1/28/2022 at 8:20 AM, mfrometa said:

I don't believe purchasing bottles have ever counted towards our 15 Cheers drinks, after all, your paying out of pocket for the bottle.

The Cheers information posted by ninjacat123  doesn't address this. Nor have I ever seen any official policy in writing specific to whether a bottle purchase counts against the 15.

On 8/22/2021 at 11:00 AM, Fla Mike said:

Thanks

One, well, two more more questions...

If we opt for the free cheap bottle, is it one bottle per table, or per couple?

And can the 50% off be used on multiple bottles?

We are cruising with newbies and thought about treating them to dinner, and cheap booze always helps!

I drink white wine, hubby drinks red.  We were able to purchase two bottles of each at half price.  This was a few years ago though.

17 hours ago, Scotto97 said:

I don't believe purchasing bottles have ever counted towards our 15 Cheers drinks, after all, your paying out of pocket for the bottle.

The Cheers information posted by ninjacat123  doesn't address this. Nor have I ever seen any official policy in writing specific to whether a bottle purchase counts against the 15.

If it did count, I'm not sure how they would determine the number of servings an individual had from the bottle, as wine is usually shared.

It's certainly easier not to count it!

Tom