Actual Arrival Time

kroberts0525

"It depends."

If the ship is on time or a touch early, you might be able to get off the ship that fast.  If you are in the first group to get off.

If the ship is the slightest bit late, or if you aren't in the first cohort to get off the ship, or if CBP is slow that day, or, or, or...

Way too many variables for me to want to bet on that timing.

• Like 1

I wouldn't schedule an excursion for a time that is earlier than the ship's posted arrival time.  I have found that the ships do arrive at the port long before the arrival times, but that doesn't mean you will be able to get off of the ship as early as you hope.  When we cruised on the Vista, we were in an early group but it was delayed for a half hour for some reason.  I am surprised the tour begins so early.  Maybe you should call them and ask what happens if you can't get off of the ship in time.  Also, unless you have some type of priority, there is very little chance of being off of the ship at 7:30, in my opinion.  With priority, it is possible.

Thanks all. I will contact the tour company and see what they say. I have a few months to figure it out! Our flight out of Miami does not leave until 9 pm so we need something to fill the day and this Everglades tour looked like the ticket with a full day of activities and airport drop off at 5. Carnival offers an Everglades tour with airport transport (much larger group than the one I'd like to book privately) but it is on the first, not last day of the cruise.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, kroberts0525 said:

Thanks all. I will contact the tour company and see what they say. I have a few months to figure it out! Our flight out of Miami does not leave until 9 pm so we need something to fill the day and this Everglades tour looked like the ticket with a full day of activities and airport drop off at 5. Carnival offers an Everglades tour with airport transport (much larger group than the one I'd like to book privately) but it is on the first, not last day of the cruise.

We took the Everglades excursion a few years ago, really enjoyed the experience. Since your flight is not leaving until the evening I would try to schedule your excursion if possible for 9-10am. Take your time getting off the ship, let the rush to luggage  and customs line die down. What we do is go to breakfast in the dining room around 730am. Then go get a cup or two of the premium coffee, relax and then head to off the ship around 9-930am. No crowds to deal with and the customs line is minimal.

It's probably not a popular thing to say but I get tired of the waiting area for debarkation being overflowing half with people who didnt earn priority debark. They scheduled early flights and need to cut in front of the line and go to customer service to get priority. 

Rcl now does no priorty, except suites. Everyone is equal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kroberts0525 said:

How about dayuse.com?  You can get off the ship at your leisure and Uber it to a hotel for the late morning/afternoon.   You can go swimming,  take a nap, whatever.  Various hotel options as well as timing options available. 

Edited by SNJCruisers

3 hours ago, kroberts0525 said:

Carnival offers an Everglades tour with airport transport (much larger group than the one I'd like to book privately) but it is on the first, not last day of the cruise.

I would keep checking for more excursions to be added between now and December.  That's a common excursion offered on debarkation day for just about every MIA/FLL cruise I've taken.  Of they're offering it on embarkation day they should add it for debarkation day at some point.

Edited by DallasGuy75219

I would definitely not book a tour that leaves earlier than the ships arrival time. I'd wait until an hour or two after, keeping in mind that you will have wait in line, debark, and go through customs first. 

Everglades tours by themselves don't take that long, you can certainly find one to do later in the day if your flight out is so late. If you do this tour do they have a place to store your luggage?

We did something similar once but we rented a car for the day near the port, left our luggage in the trunk, and then we could tour at our own pace. 

32 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

I would definitely not book a tour that leaves earlier than the ships arrival time. I'd wait until an hour or two after, keeping in mind that you will have wait in line, debark, and go through customs first. 

Everglades tours by themselves don't take that long, you can certainly find one to do later in the day if your flight out is so late. If you do this tour do they have a place to store your luggage?

We did something similar once but we rented a car for the day near the port, left our luggage in the trunk, and then we could tour at our own pace. 

A few years back we had a late flight to Virginia. We purchased an excursion on the ship for  Everglades airboat tour/shuttle to the airport and our luggage was kept on the bus.

Booking an excursion before the ship is to arrive is crazy though 🙂