Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

On 9/9/2023 at 12:09 PM, LUTim said:

Hi All, Newbee here

Just had the chamce to bid for an upgrade on Mondays Viva sailing.

The thing is it gave us the choice to upgrade to a Spa balcony from an inside.

I've read that you can only upgrade 2 levels.

Does this mean my bid will be automatically rejected, or is a Spa balcony considered the same level as any other balcony cabin?

Thanks in advancw

Hi @LUTim we’re on Viva later in the year and just got an upgrade offer to go from a Club Balcony to either a suite (~$900ish) or Haven (~$1100-4000) for starting bids.

Spa Balcony is our preferred but the availability wasn’t good. That is higher than a regular balcony but below or same as the club balcony (ship dependent)

Mexican Riviera - Nov 5 - Bliss

Just upgraded inside to balcony for $200/pp without a bid. Now I've been invited to bid on Haven. I doubt anyone will get upgraded to Haven considering there are only two Courtyard rooms available to book directly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, julig22 said:

So my cruise is in 2 days, just got an email that says they're still considering my bid.  Does everyone with an active bid get the same email or does it indicate that I'm on a short list for an upgrade?

Not everyone but your on the "if someone cancels just before sail away list"

Currently on Prima and I got 2 I did not win an upgrade emails and 3 my bid is still being considered emails.

51 minutes ago, be4unoit said:

I have bids on two different spa balconies. (Currently in a balcony room) If we don't get upgraded can we just buy the spa package before boarding?

Sometimes a paid upgrade is cheaper than a winning bid.   You should call NCL or  your TA to see what your options are.  I wouldn't wait  until the last few days before boarding.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Sometimes a paid upgrade is cheaper than a winning bid.   You should call NCL or  your TA to see what your options are.  I wouldn't wait  until the last few days before boarding.

It's $339 for the thermal spa pass and it looks like the spa balcony is double what we paid right now, so well over $1K a person. Which is ridiculous. I can call my NCL rep but will probably wait. We had decided to just get a massage on the ship if we didn't get upgraded however there's a nice spa in Puerto Vallarta we found that we can get a massage & facial for less than a massage at the ship spa. 

1 hour ago, be4unoit said:

I have bids on two different spa balconies. (Currently in a balcony room) If we don't get upgraded can we just buy the spa package before boarding?

If the cruise long thermal suite passes are still available you can just purchase it outright. I would recommend doing this now, as availability may diminish closer to your cruise. If you get your upgrade you can cancel the thermal suite passes you purchased. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

If the cruise long thermal suite passes are still available you can just purchase it outright. I would recommend doing this now, as availability may diminish closer to your cruise. If you get your upgrade you can cancel the thermal suite passes you purchased. 

Okay thank you. I didn't know we could cancel the passes if we were upgraded.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ColdCruise said:

When we went that route, NCL cancelled our spa pass automatically 

I called my NCL rep and she said they wouldn't be cancelled which made no sense so we cancelled our bids and just paid for the passes. I doubt we'll be upgraded as our bids were just into the Fair category and roughly $100 less than the passes. We didn't want to take the chance as we really want to use the thermal spa.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, be4unoit said:

I called my NCL rep and she said they wouldn't be cancelled which made no sense so we cancelled our bids and just paid for the passes. I doubt we'll be upgraded as our bids were just into the Fair category and roughly $100 less than the passes. We didn't want to take the chance as we really want to use the thermal spa.

Based on my experience i think that Reo is wrong; I probably would have confirmed with another person. But then again, how things get handled may have changed or just may vary by ship (that was on Prima last September), we bid $50 over cost of pass. And TBH I think I spoke with someone about how that would be handled before locking in the pass (not 100% sure)

Everyone has to work within their comfort level. i would take the chance again as it worked out for us in the past …. But i could be disappointed 

33 minutes ago, ColdCruise said:

Based on my experience i think that Reo is wrong; I probably would have confirmed with another person. But then again, how things get handled may have changed or just may vary by ship (that was on Prima last September), we bid $50 over cost of pass. And TBH I think I spoke with someone about how that would be handled before locking in the pass (not 100% sure)

Everyone has to work within their comfort level. i would take the chance again as it worked out for us in the past …. But i could be disappointed 

The rep did have me on hold while she spoke to someone else. We're okay with the passes as we already have a balcony room on Deck 12. We'll rethink bidding next cruise. 

28 minutes ago, Canadian1 said:

My cruise is now showing balcony and club suite as sold out.... what are the chances that my upgrade bid is accepted?  I'm thinking it's looking grim now.

But honestly my Canadian friend - if your heart was set on a balcony or better, that is what you should have booked initially.

3 minutes ago, RD64 said:

But honestly my Canadian friend - if your heart was set on a balcony or better, that is what you should have booked initially.

Understood. I am happy with what I have, was just being hopeful. 

I am just happy that I am healthy and have the means to take these trips.

Edited by Canadian1
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I noticed that all cabins for my cruise on Escape are sold out on the website ( apart from inside which is what I currently have).  I thought I might as well go ahead and bump up my offer on the outside cabin to the max ( £205 each) as "you never know". So did that yesterday as the increased bid is still a lot cheaper than what my TA quoted me a few weeks ago if I just wanted to pay for an upgrade directly.

I was on my online banking just now and see that there is a pending transaction for this exact amount for NCL on my credit card.  Whilst my other bids are marked as pending, the outside is "unable to upgrade"?  Does this mean that I may have been successful? Not had any email and my NCL account still references my current inside cabin.  I'm feeling impatient 🙂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dritan said:

I noticed that all cabins for my cruise on Escape are sold out on the website ( apart from inside which is what I currently have).  I thought I might as well go ahead and bump up my offer on the outside cabin to the max ( £205 each) as "you never know". So did that yesterday as the increased bid is still a lot cheaper than what my TA quoted me a few weeks ago if I just wanted to pay for an upgrade directly.

I was on my online banking just now and see that there is a pending transaction for this exact amount for NCL on my credit card.  Whilst my other bids are marked as pending, the outside is "unable to upgrade"?  Does this mean that I may have been successful? Not had any email and my NCL account still references my current inside cabin.  I'm feeling impatient 🙂

Check your NCL account online and see if your room is different. You can also go back to where you bid and all other bids should say expired and one say processing (I think maybe different wording). Pending means they are still under review. 

what date are you cruising? I’m on 10/15 escape- also seeing all but inside sold out and I haven’t got an upgrade yet. 

Little update from me - so the pending transaction for NCL has moved from pending to complete on my credit card online statement.  But still no change on my NCL account and no email.  

Am I crazy for assuming that Ive been successful otherwise why would they have taken the money already?

3 hours ago, dritan said:

Little update from me - so the pending transaction for NCL has moved from pending to complete on my credit card online statement.  But still no change on my NCL account and no email.  

Am I crazy for assuming that Ive been successful otherwise why would they have taken the money already?

If your card has been charged, it’s a safe bet that you got the upgrade.  Congrats!  Just May take a bit for the NCL system to catch up.  

Edited by Russiamomm
  • Like 1