Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

7 hours ago, Asawi said:

It has been reported here that you do get an extra dinner. It doesn't look like it on my reservation/eDocs. I will know for sure when I actually check in at the terminal March 8.

No. You only get the perks that come with the original cabin that you book

3 minutes ago, Grammymongi said:

That’s a nice upgrade! Congrats!

The best part was that the minimum bid was 125pp and I only went $5 over that and won. So $260 got me from inside to club balcony. Frankly, I was stunned but pretty pleased. That bathroom in a club balcony is fantastic! 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

The best part was that the minimum bid was 125pp and I only went $5 over that and won. So $260 got me from inside to club balcony. Frankly, I was stunned but pretty pleased. That bathroom in a club balcony is fantastic! 

11 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

That is unusual. Those bathrooms are very nice.

6 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

I won an upgrade bid from an inside cabin to a club balcony this past July on Joy and my FAS perks were not changed. My wife and I still only had 1 specialty meal each. 

That's the policy. 

4 hours ago, Grammymongi said:

No. You only get the perks that come with the original cabin that you book

That's how I always understood it. Thanks for confirming! 

3 minutes ago, ihate2cruise said:

Not true, we are 5/6 bidding minimum.

If you are bidding from inside to OV, or *maybe* OV to Balcony, I might believe this. Otherwise, as daddy always told me, "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet".

1 minute ago, IAcruising said:

If you are bidding from inside to OV, or *maybe* OV to Balcony, I might believe this. Otherwise, as daddy always told me, "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet".

Like my daddy always said, There's one in every group."  

8 minutes ago, IAcruising said:

So you don't believe that I bid $5 over minimum ($125) to go from inside to club balcony and won? Last July on Joy! 

2 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

So you don't believe that I bid $5 over minimum ($125) to go from inside to club balcony and won? Last July on Joy! 

I absolutely believe that. I would not believe that you've done it 5 out of 6 times. 😎

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IAcruising said:

I absolutely believe that. I would not believe that you've done it 5 out of 6 times. 😎

Yes, that would be amazing! I am 1 out of 1. I typically book what I want and stick with it. Balcony or club balcony. But last year was an opportunity and I've got a couple of bids in for my upcoming sailing. 

It's a wacky 🤪 system, with the numbers being all over the place. 

Happy cruising 

9 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

Yes, that would be amazing! I am 1 out of 1. ... and I've got a couple of bids in for my upcoming sailing. 

And I believe you could be 5/6 if you're always bidding from an inside - but some of those 5 might only be an OV, which is still great for $5 over minimum.

Edited by IAcruising
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, ihate2cruise said:

Not true, we are 5/6 bidding minimum.

That's great.

But I'd have to say you're beating the odds.

From what I've read on this board, the vast majority of bids, at any price point, are unsuccessful. That's particularly true for higher end cabins.

Curious - what categories are you usually going from/to with your bids?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, cruiser2015 said:

That's great.

From what I've read on this board, the vast majority of bids, at any price point, are unsuccessful. That's particularly true for higher end cabins.

We always book an aft balcony and bid for the Haven. It’s never been accepted for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiser2015 said:

That's great.

What some folks seem to assume on these boards,  is that every person who has ever cruised has posted their experiences here. Manny more don’t post then do.
So much skepticism….<THIS is exactly why (IMO) more people don’t post more about their positive experiences, because the self proclaimed “truth police”  come in and question your integrity.

I posted OUR experiences, take it or leave it. It’s obviously, not been yours.

I will continue to book what we are satisfied with and bid the “minimum” and expect nothing, but feel blessed when I receive the Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner email 😉

• Like 4

I’ve bid the minimum twice and won both times. Upgraded to a balcony from a studio and inside. I rarely bid for an upgrade though. I only do it when my original price is  crazy low and the added cost of the upgrade bid is less than the current price of my current category. 

• Like 3

If you place a bid ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS check the website!

We were booked in a 2 bedroom on the Star. We got the upgrade email for the 3 bedroom garden villa but not the deluxe owners suite w/2 balconies. This cruise is sold out.
2 weeks ago the deluxe owners suite w/2 balconies popped back on the webite and my TA grabbed it for us. So keep checking the website because sometimes the rooms just pop back up cheaper or near the minimum bid.

Edited by dolls123
  • Thanks 1

On 1/4/2024 at 6:51 PM, ColdCruise said:

@bkrickles1  earlier in this thread someone posted a link to a web page you could go check for bid opportunity if you didn't get an email yet or see it in your account.

if anyone is interested they can go search the thread … if they have oodles of time.

https://upgrade.plusgrade.com/offer/NCL/

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ihate2cruise said:

What some folks seem to assume on these boards,  is that every person who has ever cruised has posted their experiences here. Manny more don’t post then do.
So much skepticism….<THIS is exactly why (IMO) more people don’t post more about their positive experiences, because the self proclaimed “truth police”  come in and question your integrity.

I posted OUR experiences, take it or leave it. It’s obviously, not been yours.

I will continue to book what we are satisfied with and bid the “minimum” and expect nothing, but feel blessed when I receive the Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner email 😉

Point taken.

• 1 month later...

Question for those of you that have bid before. I have an upcoming sailing in May.  I bid on 3 different haven categories. Now when I go back into the email that links to my bids and go to review your offer, the bids show up as pending, but if I try to modify them I get this message “no eligible cruise found”. I’ve never seen this before. 

We just received an email with the "room upgrade" bidding.  When I went to bid on a room, I clicked on a room and it showed where the bidding was already at, which was more than double the minimum bid.  Basically, we were already out of our league before we started.  Many years ago, before the bidding wars, we were called and offered an upgrade at a very reasonable price which we accepted.   And we are STILL happy we did that.

1 hour ago, Xoxosnowball said:

We just received an email with the "room upgrade" bidding.  When I went to bid on a room, I clicked on a room and it showed where the bidding was already at,

Are you sure that what you saw was where the bidding was at? I have never seen that. 

51 minutes ago, Asawi said:

Are you sure that what you saw was where the bidding was at? I have never seen that. 

Hmmm...maybe not.  When I opened the email from NCL on my phone, it took me to the screen that seemed to already have bids.  But after seeing your post, I opened the email on my desktop and the bids were all zero, waiting for my bid.  So, I went back to my phone and moved the sliding bid-ometer thingy to a minor bid.  I'm reading that you won't know right away.

We'll see.  Thanks for heads up.

• 2 weeks later...