Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

6 hours ago, cruiseat50 said:

Have you logged into NCL and looked at your sailing?  That's how I saw it today but then realized a couple hours later I got the email.  Try it and see.

I am logged in on both app and the web browser and look many times a day

So it really does seem Friday is the day for upgrades. I’m on thanksgiving cruise encore 11/21. Bid on all but the owners and two room. Chose low end of the fair for all haven categories, usually I’d bid minimum but I feel like this is the year that I’m most likely to actually get a bid accepted and experience the haven for the first time! 

I'm thinking I’ll hear about my upgrade on 11/5 since this week those on 10/30 sailings got notice. Fingers crossed!!!!

I still haven’t heard if anyone has used FCC to upgrade yet, there was a box when bidding that said I want to use FCC for my bid. I clocked it as I have a ton! Hoping it works so I won’t be out of pocket but I’m prepared to be out of pocket as well. 

4 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Please refresh my memory.  I think they allow upgrades for 2 categories.  So if I'm in a balcony...would it be for "upgraded balcony" rooms such as spa rooms, or does it go directly to mini-suites. 

Yes. You get opportunity to bid up 2 meta-categories.  Spa balconies are simply another class of balcony,  but you still can bid on these higher level balconies. (Same as if you are in a haven you can bid on higher level haven cabins)

if you are in any balcony,, say a BF for example, you can bid on all the cabins up through the Haven. 
if you are in an ocean view, you will only be able to bid up through club suites

if you are in an inside, you can bid up through all Balconies. (Including spa balcony)

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Please refresh my memory.  I think they allow upgrades for 2 categories.  So if I'm in a balcony...would it be for "upgraded balcony" rooms such as spa rooms, or does it go directly to mini-suites. 

My daughter and I were booked in a large balcony cabin.  We bid on Haven and ended up with a 2 bedroom Haven Suite.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

Norwegian chat just told me they sent out 55 days ahead of time so I guess I won't be getting an upgrade

I find that hard to believe. I'm 35 days out and still don't have mine. LOL

1 hour ago, luckyinpa said:

Norwegian chat just told me they sent out 55 days ahead of time so I guess I won't be getting an upgrade

Perhaps that’s the earliest they send out the bid invites, but it’s certainly not the latest. As you saw in my earlier comment, I booked the same Breakaway cruise you are on, two weeks from sailing, only a few days before you did, and I am getting bid invites nearly every day from NCL.  As noted in another comment above, it may not be the case that everyone is invited to bid. 

Good luck!

Edited by Turtles06
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just joined this site after lurking for years 

been sailing with norwegian for many years and finally hit Platinum couple trips ago and still have never done the Haven 

leaving in the November 27-dec 5 cruise in the Joy out of Miami 

got the upgrade advantage offer and have been trying to do my research as to how many cabins are available to see what my odds are. I’m seeing around 45 Haven rooms open total.

do we know if they ships are at full capacity ? I can’t quite seem to tell how many of the balcony suits have been booked and how many people like be competing with. I also read in another thread  that bids are being opened up to more than just the the meta categories ?

very much want to make this happen but hard to know which way to go

starting bids are at 300, 350, 400, 600 for respective categories. 

There seems to be the second sailing of this ship with the first week long right before mine. 

any advice is greatly appreciated :)

3 minutes ago, Pieson said:

Just joined this site after lurking for years 

been sailing with norwegian for many years and finally hit Platinum couple trips ago and still have never done the Haven 

leaving in the November 27-dec 5 cruise in the Joy out of Miami 

got the upgrade advantage offer and have been trying to do my research as to how many cabins are available to see what my odds are. I’m seeing around 45 Haven rooms open total.

do we know if they ships are at full capacity ? I can’t quite seem to tell how many of the balcony suits have been booked and how many people like be competing with. I also read in another thread  that bids are being opened up to more than just the the meta categories ?

very much want to make this happen but hard to know which way to go

starting bids are at 300, 350, 400, 600 for respective categories. 

There seems to be the second sailing of this ship with the first week long right before mine. 

any advice is greatly appreciated 🙂

I am booked for the same trip! Where are you seeing 45 haven rooms open? Last time I checked a week ago there were only 15 left.  Good luck on your upgrade. I bid as well to upgrade from my club balcony. 

24 minutes ago, jwdental360 said:

I am booked for the same trip! Where are you seeing 45 haven rooms open? Last time I checked a week ago there were only 15 left.  Good luck on your upgrade. I bid as well to upgrade from my club balcony. 

Awesome! 
And I’m seeing 10 available on category HJ alone. I’ll need to go back and go through again. But adding them all yo came out to about 45 last I checked 

what did you bid on? What perhaps is a reasonable bid ?

looking forward to it! Bringing my brother along as his birthday / holiday gift.  So really hoping we can get it. 

Anyone had any bids accepted recently?  I’m on the 11/21 Mexican Riviera on the Bliss and trying to gauge how much to bid.  Thanks in advance!!  Would love to experience the Haven.  I was able to cruise in the Concierge level on the Joy before they changed it and loved the larger room/balcony.  Can’t imagine what the Haven is like!  

On 10/16/2021 at 12:37 PM, luckyinpa said:

Well it's online chat so has to be true LOL. I guess when you book late if you don't have the same opportunities

I booked 11/7/21 Breakaway on 10/26.  Two days later got the "Let's Get You Upgraded Banner" in myncl.  (no email).  Upgrade bid accepted on 10/29, first one I've ever had accepted!

So it can happen apparently even shortly before sailing!  With Covid and reduced capacity perhaps that played into it.

Good luck! Did you by chance book with a TA who doesn't participate in the program?   Alerted my TA of the winning bid and they sent a new invoice with an extra small amount OBC.  Very happy with new cabin!

NCL Joy

Dec 18th five day.

We got the offer letter with 55 days to go, and not everyone will get an offer letter. If you used a travel agency, you would have to work with them from my understanding.

I know some people do not like to talk about bidding.  But I am going to anyway..  Granted, I am not going to say what rooms I bid on and how much I bid till after it’s over.

So we are currently booked for the Haven Forward-facing Penthouse (HG).  We got a good deal on this room due to credit due to covid and rebooking a few times. 

We booked September last year.

What we paid for

The Haven Forward-Facing Penthouse with Balcony (HG)

$4,600 Total with prepaid tips and upgraded premium plus beverages.

Here are the offers we have for bidding.

The Haven Deluxe Owner’s Suite with Large Balcony (H2) $750 - $2500 PP

The Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa with Large Balcony (H5) $500 - $2000 PP

The Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa with Balcony (H6) $500 - $2000 PP

The Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse with Large Balcony (HB) $300 - $1000 PP

The Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse with Balcony (HC) $300 - $1000 PP

The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Large Balcony (HE) $300 - $1000 PP

The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony (HF) $300 - $1000 PP

As of today, 10/30/2021

The prices for the rooms with all the “offers,” with two people.

1 Room left - The Haven Deluxe Owner’s Suite with Large Balcony (H2) $14,343

3 Rooms left - The Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa with Large Balcony (H5) $12,375

8 Rooms left - The Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa with Balcony (H6) $10,283

4 Rooms left - The Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse with Large Balcony (HB) $9,975

4 Rooms left - The Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse with Balcony (HC) $9,695

7 Rooms left - The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Large Balcony (HE) $7,721

5 Rooms left - The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony (HF) $7,623

6 Rooms left - The Haven Forward-Facing Penthouse with Balcony (HG) $7,763

• Like 1