Diamond Question on drinks & Coco Cay...

big al

18 hours ago, brookmill18 said:

If anyone has info, would love to know. Was rethinking getting her the soda package and could avoid paying for some mocha lattes at Cafe Promenade!

Another option would be to get her the Refreshment Package including all non-alcoholic drinks!

17 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

Another option would be to get her the Refreshment Package including all non-alcoholic drinks!

Yes but free is better than the $22/day package! 😀 We usually do the soda package, which is very reasonable, but we are becoming diamond before she next travels with us, and it occurred to me that if she got the vouchers too, we'd be all set! Though she does LOVE that Freestyle Coke machine that would still cost us a soda package!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, brookmill18 said:

Yes but free is better than the $22/day package! 😀 We usually do the soda package, which is very reasonable, but we are becoming diamond before she next travels with us, and it occurred to me that if she got the vouchers too, we'd be all set! Though she does LOVE that Freestyle Coke machine that would still cost us a soda package!

Maybe you could post that question to someone doing a live review currently on your class of ship. There are a couple of cruisers posting live reviews. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 2VaCruzers said:

As I look through the bar menus on the Royal app, almost every drink mentioned (except some wines) is $14 and our vouchers are for drinks up to $13.  Can we order a $14 drink, use the voucher, and pay the difference 🤷‍♀️?  

yes..any drink you purchase over $13 you pay the difference + gratuities. at 18%.....so a $14 drink would cost $1+$.18...

How does tipping work with voucher drinks? I'm newly Diamond so I never experienced the lounge happy hour anyway. Previously, if I bought a drink I didn't add tip beyond the 18%. Are we signing for these like a full priced drink including gratuity and then they just remove the drink charge part? Or is this bill for zero dollars and we should be prepared to tip cash?

21 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

How does tipping work with voucher drinks? I'm newly Diamond so I never experienced the lounge happy hour anyway. Previously, if I bought a drink I didn't add tip beyond the 18%. Are we signing for these like a full priced drink including gratuity and then they just remove the drink charge part? Or is this bill for zero dollars and we should be prepared to tip cash?

When I've used the old-style vouchers (three vouchers in any bar during the happy hour period with limited menu options), they swiped your card to apply the voucher, but never printed anything for you to sign.  

I always tipped cash. 

• Like 2

On 9/2/2021 at 9:41 AM, bren61 said:

I thought I read that as of Sept 1st they are opening the Diamond lounges back up.  Will they still be using the vouchers, or will we go back to the cocktail hours for free drinks in the lounge between certain hours?

We are just back from our Sailing on the Anthem and sad to say the Open Bar has now gone.  Any Drinks consumed in the Diamond Lounge comes from the allocated Vouchers.🤥  We found that as Diamond Members 5 would have been great rather than 4  because we like to use a couple for Water to take to our Cabin.  On 2 occasions, the Bar Staff took too many Vouchers off our Card so we had to call Guest Services about this.  No great problem, just a nuisance in the middle of your Evening. 

5 minutes ago, steveso said:

So does that mean as a Diamond member you can have 4 drink each day upto a value of $13 each ($52) or 4 drinks totalling $13?

Four up to $13.00 drinks per day. If that's the cut off dollar amount.  

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1