Cruising is back on the HORIZON!!! (with pics) – 8/21/2021.

Jamman54

9 hours ago, Jenner9 said:

Thank you for posting this great review.  I love all of the pictures.  I am thinking of booking this itinerary for August 2023.  We have never cruised during the summer months.   How was the weather overall?  

Thank you for reading! The weather was hot, with the exception of our rainy day in Aruba. Even so, it was still warm enough to swim. 😎

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LaRue1975 said:

Thank you so much for the great review, glad it popped up again so I could read it. Do you remember when the cabanas for Amber Cove showed up in shore excursions? We are doing the same cruise but not until 2024, I would definitely like to book one, especially after your rave review and pics. 

I am following along on your California adventure too, the hubby and I will be on the Panorama for the Sailabration cruise in March. Our return to cruising was delayed an extra two years so it will be 14 years, I think this one is really going to happen, can’t wait! 

Thanks for reading! Excursions usually start populating about a year and a half out. You should check from time to time. The pool cabanas go quickly. Enjoy your cruise on the Panorama! 😎

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2021 at 12:17 PM, Jamman54 said:

Here are some more views from our balcony…..

IMG_2417-X2.jpg

IMG_2418-X2.jpg

IMG_2421-X2.jpg

IMG_2422-X2.jpg

IMG_2423-X2.jpg

We decide that it’s time to go get our muster drill over with, but just as we are leaving the cabin, a cart with all three of our luggage pieces arrives……

IMG_2425-X2.jpg

We’ll unpack later, so we program an elevator to take us to Deck 3. Our muster station was D3, which was the Meridian Restaurant on Deck 3 aft. They scanned us in, and then we had to watch a crewman demonstrate how to put on a life jacket……

IMG_2429-X2.jpg

Folks, that’s it! It took 5 minutes and then you are done. They made announcements every 15 minutes practically begging and imploring people to get this done by 3pm. Sadly, at 3:30pm there were still 280 people who hadn’t gone, and it delayed our departure by an hour and a half. SMH. :classic_huh:

After the muster drill we programmed an elevator to take us up to Deck 10 and the Tides Pool…..

IMG_2433-X2.jpg

This is the Deck 10 entrance to JiJi’s and Cucina de Capitano. We always go to Cucina for embarkation lunch on ships that have them…..

IMG_2434-X2.jpg

To be continued……..

Jeff,  I'm sailing on  the Horizon next Saturday.  I scheduled the 10:30-11:00 boarding time because I want to make sure I am in the Sports Bar when the Ohio State vs That team up North game kicks off at noon.  I know it's been a few months ago, but do you remember around what time they started doing the Muster Drills?  Want to get that out of the way before the game if possible.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2021 at 8:00 PM, 68Blackjack said:

Jeff,  I'm sailing on  the Horizon next Saturday.  I scheduled the 10:30-11:00 boarding time because I want to make sure I am in the Sports Bar when the Ohio State vs That team up North game kicks off at noon.  I know it's been a few months ago, but do you remember around what time they started doing the Muster Drills?  Want to get that out of the way before the game if possible.

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. When we were on the Horizon they started around noon. But our last three cruises they were being held as soon as boarding began, in fact, as you boarded crewmembers were urging you to go the eMuster immediately. I'm sure that the Horizon is doing that now. :classic_cool: 

• 4 months later...
On 9/3/2021 at 2:59 PM, Jamman54 said:

T-Minus 2 Days - 8/19/21  - First stop, Kingsland Georgia. 

Patti is not a fan of driving long distances, even though I do most of the driving, but as long as we stop at least once at Cracker Barrel on the way down and back, she is happy. Around 7am we were getting hungry for breakfast so we stopped. This one was in Smithfield, North Carolina.

IMG_2181-X2.jpg

Once Patti got her shopping fix in, we were on our way again. Not long after leaving Smithfield we encountered a landmark familiar to those that travel up and down the I-95 corridor……

IMG_2182-X2.jpg

IMG_2192-X2.jpg

This place is a tourist trap, a dump, and looks exactly the same as when I first passed it 45 years ago! Every time we pass here the place seems deserted. We continued on through South Carolina and into Georgia, and after driving about 13 hours we arrived in Kingsland, Georgia, where we would be staying at the Country Inn & Suites.

IMG_2193-X2.jpg

IMG_2194-X2.jpg

IMG_2204-X2.jpg

If this place looks familiar it’s because we always stay here before cruising from Jacksonville, and we highly recommend it. It’s located at exit 3 on I-95, just a short distance from the Florida border and about 25 minutes from Jaxport. We were in Room 208……

IMG_2195-X2.jpg

IMG_2196-X2.jpg

IMG_2197-X2.jpg

IMG_2198-X2.jpg

IMG_2199-X2.jpg

IMG_2200-X2.jpg

IMG_2201-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

No way. I live the next county up from Kingsland. I live in Brunswick. You had to pass by me!

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, helene109 said:

Loved reading your review! We board Saturday! Same itinerary forward deck 6 balcony hopefully nothing below! Thanks again!

Thanks for reading. Enjoy your cruise! 😎

• Thanks 1

On 9/4/2021 at 2:07 PM, Jamman54 said:

We take a tour of the Serenity area located on Deck 15 forward……

IMG_2507-X2.jpg

IMG_2492-X2.jpg

IMG_2493-X2.jpg

IMG_2494-X2.jpg

IMG_2495-X2.jpg

IMG_2496-X2.jpg

IMG_2497-X2.jpg

IMG_2498-X2.jpg

IMG_2500-X2.jpg

IMG_2505-X2.jpg

IMG_2506-X2.jpg

This is the Serenity Bar and Fresh Creations Salad Bar…..

IMG_2499-X2.jpg

IMG_2503-X2.jpg

IMG_2504-X2.jpg

Afterwards we made our way back to the cabin to unpack and rest before the sail away.

To be continued…..

Is the Salad Creations on the Horizon as good as the one on the Mardi Gras ?  

• 1 month later...
On 5/18/2022 at 6:37 PM, Jamman54 said:

Looked about the same to me. :classic_cool:

Thanks so much Jeff & Patti for these wonderful pictures. I had 15 cruises under our belt but we cannot go on anymore, so love to see you reviews & pictures. Love the comment of HUBAND DAY CARE so funny. Enjoy all the time you can on your cruises, cannot wait to read more. Old one & New ones coming up.

Beach 47

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BEACH47 said:

Thanks so much Jeff & Patti for these wonderful pictures. I had 15 cruises under our belt but we cannot go on anymore, so love to see you reviews & pictures. Love the comment of HUBAND DAY CARE so funny. Enjoy all the time you can on your cruises, cannot wait to read more. Old one & New ones coming up.

Beach 47

Thanks for reading and for your kind words. Always glad to have you aboard with us! 😎

• 2 weeks later...

@Jamman54 This question is off topic for this post, but I know you provided the information somewhere and can't find it now.  How do I contact the maitre d for a specific carnival ship?  I'm specifically interested in the Miracle.  

BTW, I briefly talked to Patti on the beach while she was taking pictures in Grand Turk on Apr 28.  We were on Carnival Freedom and I believe you were on Horizon.  Enjoyed talking to her and she's just as nice as I imagined.

Thanks!

• Like 2

I remember Patti telling me that she had met someone on the beach when we were in Grand Turk while on the Mardi Gras. Thanks for your kind words. The email address that you are looking for is mimaitred@carnival.com :classic_cool:

On 7/26/2022 at 6:14 PM, Jamman54 said:

I remember Patti telling me that she had met someone on the beach when we were in Grand Turk while on the Mardi Gras. Thanks for your kind words. The email address that you are looking for is mimaitred@carnival.com :classic_cool:

Thanks!  I'm sure you're just as nice as I imagine too!  My husband would love joining you in husband day care some day😉. LOL

• Haha 1

Doing this cruise (with Bonaire not curaçao) in February. I was too late to get pool cabin in amber cove, are the loungers around the pool at no charge. We may just lie out and drink a bucket of beer. 
laRomana - is that shopping area outside the port. We didn’t get off the ship there last time, trying to decide what I feel safe doing.

Aruba - been twice so just going back to beach or resort, trying to figure out options. So open to suggestions.

Have you been to Bonaire ?

27 minutes ago, familycruzinnewbie said:

Doing this cruise (with Bonaire not curaçao) in February. I was too late to get pool cabin in amber cove, are the loungers around the pool at no charge. We may just lie out and drink a bucket of beer. 
laRomana - is that shopping area outside the port. We didn’t get off the ship there last time, trying to decide what I feel safe doing.

Aruba - been twice so just going back to beach or resort, trying to figure out options. So open to suggestions.

Have you been to Bonaire ?

Thanks for reading! At Amber Cove most of the loungers are free around the pool are free. There is a VIP section in front of the pool cabanas where you can get two padded loungers, umbrella, pool noodles, and dedicated food and drink service, for around $100. The shopping area at La Romana is in the port area. In Aruba we usually do an all inclusive. Our favorite is the Barcelo Aruba. We  have been to Bonaire. Check out our Pride repo cruise review in my signature. Bonaire starts on page 24, post # 597. 😎

• Like 1

It is so good to see one of your reviews again!  I really missed them. You and Patti do an  excellant job writing these. Have you cruised on the Mardi Gras yet ? I am anxious to read what you thought about her ! Thank you for taking the time to do this.

7 hours ago, teacher34 said:

It is so good to see one of your reviews again!  I really missed them. You and Patti do an  excellant job writing these. Have you cruised on the Mardi Gras yet ? I am anxious to read what you thought about her ! Thank you for taking the time to do this.

Thanks for reading and your kind words. Our Mardi Gras review is in my signature. Enjoy! 😎

• 2 weeks later...

Jamman, I click on the Mardi Gras in your signature where it lists all your cruises, but it won’t take me anywhere. What am I doing wrong ? I even tried to do a search of Mardi Gras, but too many results came up to make it feasible to check them all out. Is there a quick way I can access your Mardi Gras review ? Help, please !

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, teacher34 said:

Jamman, I click on the Mardi Gras in your signature where it lists all your cruises, but it won’t take me anywhere. What am I doing wrong ? I even tried to do a search of Mardi Gras, but too many results came up to make it feasible to check them all out. Is there a quick way I can access your Mardi Gras review ? Help, please !

I see that you got it. Enjoy! :classic_laugh: