Updated Celebrity testing requirements eff 9/13/21

MartinsCruise

14 hours ago, Catclaws said:

Making it 2 days won't make a difference at all in the number of people that identify as positive but it will prevent people from cruising since it means the PCR test results won't be returned in time and for some areas that is all that is available.

I don't understand you logic.  Depending on when a person contracts the virus, they may test negative three days out and test positive two days out.

As I said, I guess I am spoiled that the rapid tests are easily  available in my area.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hiccups said:

Thanks to your post, I looked up our county testing.  It appears our site only offers PCR testing, and so we won't be able to use it for our cruise because we won't get the results in time, but it's good to know we have a free testing facility so close to home.  When I needed to get tested a few weeks ago after exposure at work, I had to wait two days to get an appointment at Walgreen's.

Yes, check the Hillsborough website for the two county locations.

5 hours ago, hcat said:

Can u list locations and details for sign up.? We are about 90 minutes  south of Tampa, but have  fewer test site options.. .free or pay.

Thanks

Do a search for Hillsborough County Covid Testing and it will take you to the site.  There is one location in north Tampa and one out toward Brandon.  I believe the City of Tampa has a site near Raymond James Stadium as well, open to the public (although I am not sure the City has both PCR and rapid available).

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

Are the fast turnaround tests only available to residents?  I ask since we'll be sailing out of Tampa.

I can't speak to their policies.  If they are able to give you a rapid test that provides results in under an hour, why they would delay posting the results.

1 minute ago, megfla said:

I can't speak to their policies.  If they are able to give you a rapid test that provides results in under an hour, why they would delay posting the results.

Not questioning the timing.  Am asking whether testing at those sites is being provided only to locals.

7 minutes ago, megfla said:

I don't understand you logic.  Depending on when a person contracts the virus, they may test negative three days out and test positive two days out.

As I said, I guess I am spoiled that the rapid tests are easily  available in my area.

Right, and if they don't have it 2 days out they may have it one day out and if they don't have it one day out they may have it the day they sail especially if they flew to the port. Using that logic the cruise line should test when boarding and all this pretesting can go away.  My point was that statistically there would not be a difference in the number of positive cases by changing the number of days out from 3 to 2. If you test 1000 vaccinated people on Monday and the same 1000 people on Tuesday it is very unlikely you would have any more positive cases on Tuesday than you did on Monday.

1 minute ago, canderson said:

Not questioning the timing.  Am asking whether testing at those sites is being provided only to locals.

Sorry, I was just reviewing their website and found in the FAQ's that it does specify that the public testing sites are for residents.

15 minutes ago, canderson said:

Are the fast turnaround tests only available to residents?  I ask since we'll be sailing out of Tampa.

The Hillsborough County website indicates the testing for for county residents and you need to provided your id/driver's license showing your address.  Unfortunately, I can't speak to whether they would turn someone away.

1 minute ago, Catclaws said:

Right, and if they don't have it 2 days out they may have it one day out and if they don't have it one day out they may have it the day they sail especially if they flew to the port. Using that logic the cruise line should test when boarding and all this pretesting can go away.  My point was that statistically there would not be a difference in the number of positive cases by changing the number of days out from 3 to 2. If you test 1000 vaccinated people on Monday and the same 1000 people on Tuesday it is very unlikely you would have any more positive cases on Tuesday than you did on Monday.

I am not disagreeing with you that it will make a huge difference, but if it catches a handful it is worth it in my opinion.  Following the current Equinox thread, there have been a few cases on board.  As a result countless others were required to isolate more than a day.  So if any of these cases could have been caught the benefit could be exponential.  Again, just my opinion.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

Thanks for checking.  Was just a thought now that X will be sailing out of Tampa.

As Catclaws noted, I can't speak to how they would handle non-residents so it may be worth inquiring,  I went for a test last weekend and there was literally one other person there with over a dozen people administering the test.

3 minutes ago, megfla said:

As Catclaws noted, I can't speak to how they would handle non-residents so it may be worth inquiring,  I went for a test last weekend and there was literally one other person there with over a dozen people administering the test.

Does anyone check your residency?

The 58th St. site would be pretty convenient for cruise guests, but as it turns out these tests are free, they're probably being paid for by the County, and wouldn't be quite right to use County taxpayer funds to supply tests to freeloading X passengers from Colorado!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

You have to provide your id and insurance information.  If it was empty I would guess they wouldn't turn you away but if they did and you were relying on it for the cruise you would need another option.

2 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

They do ask for identification, including the option of a Florida driver's license.  So I'd imagine that presenting one from Colorado would raise some questions.  A passport is also accepted, however.

Still ...

What to Bring:

• There is no charge for testing at Hillsborough County’s COVID-19 public testing sites. To ensure that Hillsborough County is following federal guidance on COVID-19 coronavirus testing, health insurance providers are being engaged in the COVID-19 public testing process.
  • Bring your insurance card with you to the testing site as you will be asked for this information. Individuals who do not have insurance will still be tested for free.
  • Have a photo ID with name and date of birth for all persons being tested (can be Florida driver's license, state-issued ID, or passport)
  • Individuals who have health insurance should bring their insurance cards with them

12 minutes ago, megfla said:

I am not disagreeing with you that it will make a huge difference, but if it catches a handful it is worth it in my opinion.  Following the current Equinox thread, there have been a few cases on board.  As a result countless others were required to isolate more than a day.  So if any of these cases could have been caught the benefit could be exponential.  Again, just my opinion.

Of course anyone that has the virus that is found during testing is a good thing.  The one day change won't make any difference.  Unfortunately the change in policy makes some people unable to cruise even if they test negative because they don't get their test results back in time.  I sailed on 16 August and we were told more than 100 people did not get to board because they didn't have their test results.   Hopefully the in home testing will make it easier.

Our ship leaves on a Saturday.  We leave 6 AM Thursday to fly to Ft. Lauderdale.  How am I ever going to get a test??  I am realizing for sure that I may have to cancel. I would have no way of testing once at our hotel.

I am so sorry that this may occur.

Thanks everyone for posting info abt these tests..it is another stressor beside Covid itself...esp when the rules  keep changing. Rule makers and decision makers not always attuned to practicalities of the real world or do not care.

Oh well.. guess we did not want to go to Hillsborough  Co Fl,  that was only as a last resort.   We will stick with Sarasota,.at least we have a tax bill and car regis there.

We got the PCR tests last time at a walk in located in  North Port Fl...Sarasota Co. No one there cared where we lived...although the local CVS would not accept non Fl people, unless they were sick,   The walk in we went to accepted Medicare and although our flts were delayed by a day..NY accepted the results outside the time frame .We had to  quarantine and test 2 or 3 days after arrival...but that pop up rapid test center that is now closed

. Not sure the result time of a PCR test could fit the 2 day  Celeb revised rule.  Will check around for rapid tests..they were quite pricey last March .

Just more to plan around...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dazey said:

Our ship leaves on a Saturday.  We leave 6 AM Thursday to fly to Ft. Lauderdale.  How am I ever going to get a test??  I am realizing for sure that I may have to cancel. I would have no way of testing once at our hotel.

I am so sorry that this may occur.

If you purchase the home tests, you can take them with you and complete the test when you're in your hotel.  The biggest problem would be if you test positive and you're already down in FL.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, MartinsCruise said:

If you purchase the home tests, you can take them with you and complete the test when you're in your hotel.  The biggest problem would be if you test positive and you're already down in FL.

The only real way to eliminate 99% of this risk is to buy 2 sets of home/supervised kits.  Do one test at home the day before you travel.  If you test positive you cancel the flight and the cruise.  If you test negative, you can fly to FL with the knowledge that it is extremely unlikely that you will test positive at the hotel in FL.

Tom & Judy

• Like 6