Last hurdle cleared! Binax AG testing experience

ryano

Ryano, I'm on your sailing and also did my emed test this morning, happily negative! It could not have been easier. My husband on the other hand went to CVS because he was out anyway. To each their own lol. I cancelled my appointment at CVS so hopefully someone who needs it got lucky today. The rapid tests are few and far between here.

I still consider it money well spent. Definitely eased my concerns about appointments being cancelled. 

I like the way they display the test results. When I printed out my test results for my Adventure cruise in June there was a lot of text and disclaimer language etc. This is very clear. I downloaded it to my google drive and it's also easily accessible within the Navica app. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wolfcathorse said:

hey Ryan, I'm going on OV Oct 1. I was on Quantum's inaugural and the only thing I remember about that class of ship was the bumper cars, iFly, and the terrible dining service. Is WJ open for dinner, did you get a dining package, which restaurants were complimentary, who was your captain, did you use the Concierge Lounge and did you have to use your vouchers in there, were Pinnacles allowed in the CL, who was the Cruise Director, did you see any wild life.

I will find the answers to all this starting Friday!  🙂  ive heard Dan Whitney is CD.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BuckeyeMark said:

Dumb question but can you sell your extras?  Wife and I need tests for a cruise in November...

DON'T cancel if it's raining.  Alaska doesn't stop for rain.  Go to the dollar store and buy some of their buck ponchos, throw in the backpack, get waterproof footwear AND GO!  Yes, AK is better when it's sunny but it's pretty great even in the rain.  And - more often than not - if you have a poncho in your backpack it refuses to rain.  Forget poncho on cruise ship?  POURING.  Do not ask me how I know this...

28 minutes ago, jk04 said:

@ryano From one NW Ga CC member to another, have a great time!!  Alaska is wonderful rain or shine.  Definitely find some inexpensive ponchos to take with you.  Enjoy!! :classic_biggrin:

I have a good rain jacket and a frog toggs poncho packed! 🙂  Thank yall!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LadyBerard said:

Is the test website printed on the box or in the instructions?  I've been worried about my husband not being able to download the navica app on his phone for his test, as he doesn't remember his google account user name and password.  I would much prefer to use my laptop.

He can use the app on your phone but just sign in with his account login info 🙂

1 hour ago, The sea calls my name said:

Ryano,

For a non-tech person ( Me) how and where did you "sign in". I understand that you need the NAVICA app for getting the results.

Thanks

Virginia Lea

You can create the account using the Navica app once you download it 🙂

2 hours ago, ryano said:

Correct. I had to order the 6 pack through eMed even though I only needed one test.  The Optum Store sells a 2 pack and a 3 pack but they were out of stock at the time.  I have 5 spares now lol  

We ordered the 6 pack from eMed, too.  We have cruises in late December of 2021 and late February 2022 and figured we would use them for those cruises.  However the expiration date of the kits is 5 Jan 2022, so we won't be able to use all 6 by then.  We sold the extras to people in our area that needed to test right away.  So be aware of the expiration dates when you order.  (even after the FDA approved extension)

Edited by paross4

Thank you Ryano for explaining th details of how to sign in to see the proctor.  We have never facetimed or Zoomed on the phone or tablet.  I was worried about doing that.  We are also non tech people and figured if someone explained it, I could do it.  Thank you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, flamingos said:

Question:  The video I watched showed that there were 6 test cards and 6 swabs, individually wrapped, but only one bottle of reagent.  Is this correct?

This complicates the 'giving or selling the extras' part.

No, not correct. There is a bottle in each test kit. One kit contains a full set of everything (1 card, 1 swab, 1 bottle of solution). So if you buy a set of 6, you are getting 6 individually packaged kits.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, cruizzing said:

No, not correct. There is a bottle in each test kit. One kit contains a full set of everything (1 card, 1 swab, 1 bottle of solution). So if you buy a set of 6, you are getting 6 individually packaged kits.

Thank you, that makes life a lot easier.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gil Benard said:

Wow, I thought I knew what to do.  We are sailing on Wednesday, October 6th at 6:00pm from Galveston.  When is the earliest we can take the test, Monday, anytime or Monday after 6:00pm?  Thank you. 

The time doesn't matter.  You will need to test sometime on Monday or Tuesday for a Wednesday cruise in October as the rule is changing to two days instead of three  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gil Benard said:

Great, so it’s not 48 hours before.......your boarding time.  Thanks 

Nope, it's two days. So, Mon for a Wed cruise starting on Sept 13.  It means we have to test in our hotel in FL 2 days before in Nov instead of at home 3 days before.

• Like 1

So.... I'm expecting to hear about 6 passengers who will not be able to board on Oasis sometime this month.  A women came to the store to buy the over the counter covid tests boasting that she needed them for her cruise. I explained to her, until I was blue in the face that the cruise lines won't accept that test and I explained why. I don't know when she and her family will be sailing but she told me she was sailing on Royal Oasis.  I told her to check Royals website or call because these are the wrong tests. She was still insistent. I told her to save the receipt in case she changes her mind.  We can't keep those home tests on the shelf. I hope they aren't all being purchased for a cruise. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

So.... I'm expecting to hear about 6 passengers who will not be able to board on Oasis sometime this month.  A women came to the store to buy the over the counter covid tests boasting that she needed them for her cruise. I explained to her, until I was blue in the face that the cruise lines won't accept that test and I explained why. I don't know when she and her family will be sailing but she told me she was sailing on Royal Oasis.  I told her to check Royals website or call because these are the wrong tests. She was still insistent. I told her to save the receipt in case she changes her mind.  We can't keep those home tests on the shelf. I hope they aren't all being purchased for a cruise. 

She was fortunate to encounter someone knowledgeable about what she really needed. Hopefully she at least heeds  your advice to double check the information with Royal since she wasn't willing to take your word for it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

Ryan, this cruise has been years in the making and you worked hard to make it happen! Sorry that your mom will not be able to travel with you. Hope you make a lot of friends day one!

Have a wonderful vacation ❣

Thank you so much!  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Some people just don't listen.

• Like 1