pacific coastal

timbom

Santa Barbara hasn't been removed yet from the California Coastal itineraries.  Either HAL is hoping that Santa Barbara will reverse their decision or, much more likely, they haven't gotten around to changing the itineraries.  I check every day and Santa Barbara is still there along with shore excursions to book.

7 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

I'd be happy if they cancelled all the ports and only stopped in Ensenada from 3 AM to 6AM.   

Ensenada is probably the least favorite stop I’ve ever stopped at.  I’m assuming you must not like it either but I’d love to hear what you like about it if you do.  Thanks.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, timbom said:

First Monterey  was cancelled and they added a day in San Francisco Now Santa Barbara  What are they going to do.  Are there any more ports they can stop at? 

On the 2021 Pacific Costal cruises San Francisco has always been 2 days with an overnight. When Monterey was cancelled HAL added Avalon. At least this is what they did for the Koningsdam’s Oct 31 coastal.

18 minutes ago, SLC1954 said:

On the 2021 Pacific Costal cruises San Francisco has always been 2 days with an overnight. When Monterey was cancelled HAL added Avalon. At least this is what they did for the Koningsdam’s Oct 31 coastal.

On the 10/10 itinerary, it’s only one day in SF, and Avalon and SB still show although we know SB recently announced no ships allowed until March 2022.  It’s anybody’s guess at this point.

I was on the 10/16 sailing that was moved to 10/10 by HAL -- a date I absolutely can't do. 

I cancelled and I've received most of my refund. I feel I'm still due about $400 for the trip cancellation insurance and other fees so I'll need to deal with that if not refunded in a few weeks. My guess is some of these out of policy refunds have to go through a supervisor and aren't auto credited. 

A mess for sure and this is one of my favorite, low key cruises. It seems reasonable I'd get a full refund (I'll take FCC) since HAL changed the date.  Who knows how that conversation with HAL will go...

6 minutes ago, twodjs said:

City specific, otherwise all Mexican Riviera cruises would be canceled, as they leave from San Diego.

... as would the cruises to Hawaii, the Pacific Coastal cruises, and even the South Pacific cruise in late February from San Diego, be canceled.  And THAT would be a shame!

Edited by zelker

6 hours ago, SLC1954 said:

Avalon, Monterey, Santa Barbara, one day in San Francisco, and Ensenada were the ports when we first looked at these cruises.  Monterey was removed and an overnight in San Francisco was added shortly before we booked in early July.  We're on the Nov. 7 cruise.

I'm still not understanding the logic of prohibiting the docking of a fully vaccinated, fully masked ship that now has the added protection of all passengers having negative covid tests just before boarding. Seems far safer for the ports than allowing the general population to run amuck.

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, twodjs said:

I'm still not understanding the logic of prohibiting the docking of a fully vaccinated, fully masked ship that now has the added protection of all passengers having negative covid tests just before boarding. Seems far safer for the ports than allowing the general population to run amuck.

Agree 100%.  And the other thing that baffles us is the CDC shortening the timeline for testing for vax'd people to 2 days while leaving the timeline for unvax'd at 3 days.  Doesn't that seem backwards?  Like, wouldn't you want the shortest possible time between testing and embarking the ship for those that are unvax'd?  (I realize that doesn't pertain to HAL's current 100% vax'd cruises but is just a general question)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zelker said:

Agree 100%.  And the other thing that baffles us is the CDC shortening the timeline for testing for vax'd people to 2 days while leaving the timeline for unvax'd at 3 days.  Doesn't that seem backwards?  Like, wouldn't you want the shortest possible time between testing and embarking the ship for those that are unvax'd?  (I realize that doesn't pertain to HAL's current 100% vax'd cruises but is just a general question)

None of this makes any sense! 😖
Denise 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, twodjs said:

It is really (I'll be nice and say "unwise") if one considers how many unvaccinated or even actively infected people drive into Santa Barbara every day.

igraf

• Like 1

On 9/8/2021 at 3:52 PM, twodjs said:

I too agree.

This week football starts and all the stadiums will be full of people just like beaches and lots of places.

The cruise industry is being treated extra hard in some cases.   

I think zero virus will never happen and testing is good up to a certain point.  At some time each port and town will have to determine how much financial stress they can handle. 

And I hate to say this but a ship is now safer than a lot of schools with the kiddies unable to get vaccines.  I bet many can't wait to get it.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, grsnovi said:

Due no doubt to the high-profile fiascoes in March/April of 2020.

may started with cruising since early cases were close to China with folks from that country on the ship originally without symptoms.  Then we went over to get involved but came back to west coast and brought it to WA.  The East coast got it at first from Europe.  Chinese folks traveled at lot during their New Years to Europe mostly Italy and then it bloomed.

And nursing homes and all that story as well.  Not just cruise ships but a lot including the Sturgis motorcycle gathering as well.       wonder what 2022 will bring and will we all have lost our minds by then?

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

may started with cruising since early cases were close to China with folks from that country on the ship originally without symptoms.  Then we went over to get involved but came back to west coast and brought it to WA.  The East coast got it at first from Europe.  Chinese folks traveled at lot during their New Years to Europe mostly Italy and then it bloomed.

And nursing homes and all that story as well.  Not just cruise ships but a lot including the Sturgis motorcycle gathering as well.       wonder what 2022 will bring and will we all have lost our minds by then?

More than once I’ve heard this could last for another 3 years 🙄.  I will lose my mind if it lasts that long.  I’m sure I’ll have company.

5 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

More than once I’ve heard this could last for another 3 years 🙄.  I will lose my mind if it lasts that long.  I’m sure I’ll have company.

I am right there with you. I am so thankful I was able to do Alaska this summer. I have 4 HAL cruises booked over the next year. We shall see how many of them actually happen, but if nothing else at least I had a mini reset. 

• Like 1