Updated, Sept 7th, Princess Covid Tests Required thru Dec 31st...

LACruiser88

6 minutes ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

Jadn13, Thanks for sharing.

Wondering, after you swab your nose while being supervised, online I'm assuming....

does the swab kit need to be Sent somewhere?  

Or is it like a pregnancy test where you get results after XX minutes?

How long is the wait?  Thanks again

I just watched the video and had no idea we had such tests available. No mailing anything in, results are within 15 minutes they said. Now this is great news for us!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jadn13 said:

Here are the options for at home monitored testing

i bought the 6 pack this week and it does expire 1/5/22 so I wouldn’t  purchase them too far out (the dates will change as time passes, these are just the batches that are currently shipping latest expiration date I have seen for those being shipped now is early february)

binaxnow ag card test (Royal  Caribbean is recommending this brand to passengers so it definitely meets all the requirements)!

image.thumb.png.59f722f34d28ff1fd02bb8ce78c83274.png

They come in different packs 2,3,6

https://www.emed.com

https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-at-home-test-kit-2-pack

Ellume is also an option

https://www.azova.com/testing/ellume/delta/

*Tests need to have monitoring and be approved by the FDA for emergency use, both of the options above meet those requirements. 

Thanks for headsup on the video, I watched it as well.  Very helpful HOW to do it.  Thanks.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

i bought the 6 pack this week and it does expire 1/5/22 so I wouldn’t  purchase them too far out (the dates will change as time passes, these are just the batches that are currently shipping latest expiration date I have seen for those being shipped now is early february)

binaxnow ag card test (Royal  Caribbean is recommending this brand to passengers so it definitely meets all the requirements)!

https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-at-home-test-kit-2-pack

Ellume is also an option

*Tests need to have monitoring and be approved by the FDA for emergency use, both of the options above meet those requirements. 

Updated Testing Kit Expiration Extension info extends test kits by 3 months from what is listed on the kit.

It seems what’s shipping currently can either expire in Jan/Feb 22 so don’t order too far in advance

65999705-214D-4299-869A-663B38593EE7.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, johnmik1 said:

We are doing back to back going from Princess to HAL and will need a test on the morning of the change over. It should be interesting getting either PCL or HAL to commit to the testing.

We are doing the same.  Departing Regal  Princess on 11/24 and boarding the Eurodam same day.  Princess rep said they could do the test onboard the Regal, but we are not going from a Princess ship to another Princess ship. would like this in writing because I don't believe everything.  

What Princess ship are you on so I can follow any info you post.

Thanks, Jeanne

13 hours ago, johnmik1 said:

We are doing back to back going from Princess to HAL and will need a test on the morning of the change over.It should be interesting getting either PCL or HAL to commit to the testing.

Also was told by HAL testing is now required thru 12/31.

Jeanne

11 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

Ellume is also an option

Thank you so much.  I couldn't tell if it says OTC or RX on the box in the bottom left.  It is scary to think I might pick the wrong one or do the test wrong and then denied boarding.  I am so nervous.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jeanne05 said:

We are doing the same.  Departing Regal  Princess on 11/24 and boarding the Eurodam same day.  Princess rep said they could do the test onboard the Regal, but we are not going from a Princess ship to another Princess ship. would like this in writing because I don't believe everything.  

What Princess ship are you on so I can follow any info you post.

Thanks, Jeanne

We depart Regal on 11/21 and board Nieuw Statendam the same day,for 14 nights.

12 hours ago, johnmik1 said:

It would have to be monitored and I would rather just be tested on Regal Princess the last day.

We were told that we could be tested on Princess as we also board Hal the day after our cruise with Princess ends. This was over a week ago in a call with Princess customer service. To be on the safe side we are also taking our own test with us just in case. I have read on Princess protocols that they will be testing after the cruise at the port. Although the way I read this was for people who need a test to fly home. The constant changes one needs to check web site every day to keep up with everything. Nothing against staying safe but CDC is really making cruising tough. Hopefully Princess and Hal will follow the lead of other lines and test at the port.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Crown Cruiser said:

We’re flying into Fort Lauderdale 3 days prior to our cruise.  Will bring our own test kit and log in to have it monitored at the hotel.  I think that will be the easiest way for us.

This is exactly what our family of four will be doing for our January 2nd cruise (assuming that testing will still be required). We will bring several of the BinaxNow COVID AG Card tests with us and use the telehealth proctoring feature. We are flying down on the morning of December 31st and will test at our hotel later that day from Fort Lauderdale. Good to know that Princess will have back up testing available if needed.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

I watched the emed video.

How do they ensure that the person taking the test is the person who registered to take the test?

6 minutes ago, Roberto256 said:

How do they ensure that the person taking the test is the person who registered to take the 

From the different videos we have watched online you show ID.  Proctor watches you do the test.  We have a couple of these for backup for a future cruise.

14 minutes ago, Roberto256 said:

How do they ensure that the person taking the test is the person who registered to take the test?

You create a log in through the app and then log into the site. You show them ID before  you start.

If you are asking if they monitor who exactly the RX was for, I did have to include proper names and birth dates when I purchased the tests.

I'm cruising Sept 30 about 2 weeks out. I scheduled my test at Kaiser and they say it's a 48 hour turn around. I hope they don't loose my sample or take more time because I am worried about not getting my results in time. It's too late to cancel my cruise but I have serious doubts about wanting to make final pymt on my Dec cruise. This is too much for me although I understand this will be the new normal!

12 hours ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

Jadn13, Thanks for sharing.

Wondering, after you swab your nose while being supervised, online I'm assuming....

does the swab kit need to be Sent somewhere?  

Or is it like a pregnancy test where you get results after XX minutes?

How long is the wait?  Thanks again

Just in case you didn't see the answer you don't mail it in and it's able to be disposed of in a regular garbage can/bin 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

I'm cruising Sept 30 about 2 weeks out. I scheduled my test at Kaiser and they say it's a 48 hour turn around. I hope they don't loose my sample or take more time because I am worried about not getting my results in time. It's too late to cancel my cruise but I have serious doubts about wanting to make final pymt on my Dec cruise. This is too much for me although I understand this will be the new normal!

I've had two recent Covid tests at Kaiser in San Diego, both early morning and both times they came back that night, even though they stated 48 hours.  So pretty typical Kaiser, as they've always been very speedy with test results.  Hope the same for you!

It would be great if Princess would post a link similar to Royal Caribbean to the eMad (Abbott BinaxNOW Covid-19 Antigen Card Home tes)t and allow you to order that way. Would sure ease everyone's concerns and would seem to be a quicker way to test.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, hpeabody said:

Terrible news as far I am concerned.  I am not going to be stressing about pre cruise testing and on board walking around most the time in a mask.  I have followed all the rules, not gotten Covid, I am fully vaccinated, will get booster.  When is enough enough?   It is probably time to cancel my November and January cruises.  This is not the kind of cruising I would enjoy.  I think it is going to take a few more years the way this is going.  If I could, my wish would be to get my large FCC cashed out.  

You can. Our TA told us it is possible to do this. 

18 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I may be incorrect (and sure someone will let me know), but I understood that you could cash out your Future Cruise Credits (FCC) for exchange as cash returned to you for initial cruise price.  You would not be refunded the FCC bonus (10%-100%).  

Correct according to my TA.

• Like 1

So, here is a scenario that many cruisers (us included) will experience:

1. Fly into London pre-cruise and enjoy London

for 3 nights.

2. Transfer to Southampton to board the ship.

What adds stress (and not excitement to be in London) is

A) Hoping and praying that the Covid Test turns out negative

B) Making sure that the test is performed correctly

C) Hoping that we do not have to turn around and return home, and at what point with a positive test while in a foreign country. Geeez.........

2 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

I hear you. Too late to cancel my Oct 6 cruise but am to thinking to cancel my Dec cruise.

3 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

You create a log in through the app and then log into the site. You show them ID before  you start.

If you are asking if they monitor who exactly the RX was for, I did have to include proper names and birth dates when I purchased the tests.

Thank you.  It was the ID part that I had missed.

3 hours ago, Turk1 said:

It would be great if Princess would post a link similar to Royal Caribbean to the eMad (Abbott BinaxNOW Covid-19 Antigen Card Home tes)t and allow you to order that way. Would sure ease everyone's concerns and would seem to be a quicker way to test.

I'm not sure what the governing body is, but does the fact that Royal accepts the test automatically mean that Princess would/should?

48 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

I'm not sure what the governing body is, but does the fact that Royal accepts the test automatically mean that Princess would/should?

Princess Does Accept It,  I'm not sure if all cruise lines are following the same procedures  for vaccinated passengers but Carnival, Royal, Princess and Holland all accept these tests for vaccinated passengers. 

• Like 2