Voyage of the Viking 2023

northernphoenix

Always book as soon as possible. This gives you the best cabin selection and protects current pricing. Once you book regularly monitor. If the price goes down before final payment you can ask them to match the price, or you can cancel and rebook if there is a special promotion on new bookings only. 

I was on the first ever voyage of Vikings roundtrip 35 days from Boston on Maasdam...it was not totally full and several discount deals were offered.  Since then I believe it has been a very high demand cruise with prices raised accordingly.  I believe the cruise was in July of 2005 but not sure re year.

It was a very nice cruise. I especially enjoyed Greenland....and the Maasdam was one of my very favorite HAL ships with a great library, great wide prom deck, a crew that had many long term veterans who were all in all just wonderful bunch to be with for 35 days.  Seems the crew also really enjoyed visiting places like Iceland and Greenland which for most was first time.

Glad I got to do this cruise.  One of best I have ever done.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TomBeckCruise said:

One of the best cruises ever for us. 2018, and we want to return to Iceland and Norway. 

We are looking now.

Book early!

Just to clarify for the OP, we were on the Viking Passage.  Similar to the Voyage of the Vikings, but not identical.  And we agree, one of the best cruises ever.  ☺️

Book early for either!

44 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Just to clarify for the OP, we were on the Viking Passage.  Similar to the Voyage of the Vikings, but not identical.  And we agree, one of the best cruises ever.  ☺️

Book early for either!

Thanks, I didn't realize that there are two different cruises.  Either cruise should be enjoyable, but if you have not been to Iceland you might prefer the Viking Passage cruise. The ship spends more time there, and Iceland is such a unique place. You will see something different everywhere you go. 👍

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/find-a-cruise/E2T18A/J249.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dockman said:

I believe the cruise was in July of 2005 but not sure re year.

It was; I was on it. That was the first year the cruise was from/to Boston, and that the Maasdam was used. 
The previous two years the cruise was round-trip from NYC, and on the Rotterdam. I was on those, too. I also did the Viking Passage on the Amsterdam in 2001. 
Needless to say, I loved the cruises, and could be persuaded to take either one again. They have a great balance of sea and port days, without too many in a row of either. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

we were on the Viking Passage.

I have sailed on this voyage on the Eurodam as well as the Voyage of the Vikings on Rotterdam VI.  All three of the voyages met my expectations.  

10 hours ago, dockman said:

I especially enjoyed Greenland.

As I did each time we visited.  The sailings through Prins Christian Sund, each time, provided a different and scenic experience.  It was interesting to re-visit a community to see what changes had occurred.  A shore excursion that was memorable was a community folk presentation with dancing and singing.  Coffee/tea and cake were served.  The dancers were mostly the young people of the community while the choir were mostly the adults.  The next time that I visited that community, such an opportunity was not available.  I was disappointed.