Cairns port upgraded

Chiliburn

2 hours ago, gbenjo said:

I know how you. (and everyone else)  feel . I called the OPT “ home”  for six months of the year . Bring on the 💉💉💉💉💉.

And roll out the red carpet for the 'spethial people', Graham.

gettyimages-185272316-612x612.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, NSWP said:

And roll out the red carpet for the 'spethial people', Graham.

gettyimages-185272316-612x612.jpg

😁😁 I would “almost” be happy to roll it out ( even for you know who) after all this time. 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔..nah .😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Porky55 said:

Agreed - seems all too simple, (and preferable) so WHY continue to build the Camps? May never know.

If you live in a multi generational home, home quarantine may not be a good option, not to mention there will be arrivals not vaccinated or vaccinated with not TGA approved vaccines or not have boosters to keep their vaccination up to date. Covid is here to stay so I think having these facilities is inevitable. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Some interesting things about Townsville.

It hasn’t been upgraded since 2016 but a interesting read.

https://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/os-data-2/port-townsville/documents/2016-2021-wgsa-plan-final.pdf

We were on Pacific Princess in 2006, Sydney to Osaka, Japan - Theatres of War cruise. We called in at Townsville. Not many ships call in here. 

My eldest grandaughter is back up there now, just started working as NQ Mobile Vet.  She did her Vet degree there at JCU.  Townsville is a nice place, but too hot.

Edited by NSWP

16 minutes ago, NSWP said:

We were on Pacific Princess in 2006, Sydney to Osaka, Japan - Theatres of War cruise. We called in at Townsville. Not many ships call in here. 

My eldest grandaughter is back up there now, just started working as NQ Mobile Vet.  She did her Vet degree there at JCU.  Townsville is a nice place, but too hot.

Townsville’s not a bad town close to the reef.

I really would love to do a history of war cruise to PNG.

I did some diving in Micronesia and there is junk everywhere from the war.

I come to the conclusion,war is big ,big business.

3 hours ago, gbenjo said:

I know how you. (and everyone else)  feel . I called the OPT “ home”  for six months of the year . Bring on the 💉💉💉💉💉.

A little birdy told me that OPT RCI staff have been told they are back at work in December.
Care to comment?

10 minutes ago, Aussie FF said:

A little birdy told me that OPT RCI staff have been told they are back at work in December.
Care to comment?

As much as I would like that to happen,I cant see how.  Dec 17th is the earliest  the govt. “may” lift the ban and unless  Royal had the heads up beforehand ( and the govt don’t even seem interested in talking to the cruise industry) it would take at least a month to reschedule ships, crew, provisions etc and get them out here. I have not spoken to anyone from our office in a while but I am sure if something was happening I would have heard. 

PS.Would be interested in knowing who the “ little birdie” is and how they would know.🤔🤔 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

As much as I would like that to happen,I cant see how.  Dec 17th is the earliest  the govt. “may” lift the ban and unless  Royal had the heads up beforehand ( and the govt don’t even seem interested in talking to the cruise industry) it would take at least a month to reschedule ships, crew, provisions etc and get them out here. I have not spoken to anyone from our office in a while but I am sure if something was happening I would have heard. 

PS.Would be interested in knowing who the “ little birdie” is and how they would know.🤔🤔 

There are still three months before any ships are scheduled to be here so it would be possible but the powers that be will have to pull their fingers out and make some sensible decisions.

I, for one, will be seriously peeved if the government allows international travel to recommence for fully vaccinated travellers, without any other restrictions, but doesn't allow cruising to start. I reckon it would be safer on a ship with fully vaccinated passengers and crew, and strict Covid protocols, than it would be in day-to-day life in Sydney once the lockdown ends. The chances of an outbreak onboard would be very slim whereas NSW will still be getting 1000+ cases a day.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

They can get a permit for individual ships, cargo ships do it regularly.

But little birds may be eating a controlled substance plant.

Possible for ovation as it leaves Alaska soon and the pressure would be on.

Cruise ships are not cargo ships, totally different circumstance( in case you did not know).

The little bird would  be far more credible than some “ other” peoples waffle.

Yes, the Ovation could be deployed here but Royal would still need the nod from authorities here and at the moment that is not happening.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gbenjo said:

Some one on social media, who says their relative works there. They didn't say who.

1 hour ago, gbenjo said:

Cruise ships are not cargo ships, totally different circumstance( in case you did not know).

The little bird would  be far more credible than some “ other” peoples waffle.

Yes, the Ovation could be deployed here but Royal would still need the nod from authorities here and at the moment that is not happening.

Thanks for your interaction.

But Air craft are classed as passengers ships and they get a permits.

But as I waffled on ,I doubt it will happen.

15 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Thanks for your interaction.

But Air craft are classed as passengers ships and they get a permits.

But as I waffled on ,I doubt it will happen.

I wish there was an emoji for “ ignore”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

You love it graham.

It’s like the moth that is attracted to the flame.

Hey I’m more concerned about this little birdie that people are listening to.

Nope,  I don’t love .  stupidity.

Judging by your comments ..its  galah.

Edited by gbenjo
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Nope,  I don’t love .  stupidity.

Judging by your comments ..its  galah.

You're feeding the troll again! 🤣

The whole point of ignoring someone is not to respond at all, even with an emoji. I'm happy to chat with Philip when he's talking sense but when he gets in one of his nasty moods I just don't bother doing anything.

8 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The whole point of ignoring someone is not to respond at all, even with an emoji. I'm happy to chat with Philip when he's talking sense but when he gets in one of his nasty moods I just don't bother doing anything.

Your right Uncle Les,he doesn't need me to make him look stupid.😁 

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

No ones being nasty, me and graham are having a disagreement on the cruise ban.

The ban says it can be amended or canceled at anytime.

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I'm not Les!

Sorry……. Don't know why I typed that🤔 …and no offence to uncle Les 😁 Maybe I was just trying to say  something stupid.…….it happens on here  a lot with  some people . 😱😱

• Like 3