Linking B2B cruises

snowballs mom

I have a B2B scheduled for the Equinox in Feb/Mar 2022. The first leg is a lift and shift originally booked onboard in 2019 for February 2021, that had been transferred to a TA after the original booking. The second was booked a year later through a phone call to Celebrity and not transferred. The first is aqua class and the second is a standard veranda, so we will be moving cabins. I called Celebrity yesterday about repricing the standard veranda booking, then requested that they link the two bookings. I was told that this is not a true B2B because I am changing cabin categories, so the bookings cannot be linked in their system. Has anyone else had this experience? Thank you.

The advice about changing cabins making it not a true B2B is hogwash.  We have had to change cabins many times and it has always been regarded as a B2B.  I don't know the length of your cruises but you should get a B2B discount for both of them provided they are both 7 days or more.  7 days gets $50 and 14 days gets $100.  This should come off your initial price.  I just did this yesterday with a new booking added to one made last April.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

The advice about changing cabins making it not a true B2B is hogwash.  We have had to change cabins many times and it has always been regarded as a B2B.  I don't know the length of your cruises but you should get a B2B discount for both of them provided they are both 7 days or more.  7 days gets $50 and 14 days gets $100.  This should come off your initial price.  I just did this yesterday with a new booking added to one made last April.

That is what I thought. The first is leg 12 nights and the second is 9, so I am expecting a discount of $100 per cruise. I was having hearing difficulties with the connection, the representative's accent, and her trying to upsell me, so I did not try to argue with her. I will wait until after the current sale, then give the TA a call to see if they can handle it.

Just now, TeaBag said:

But if you wait till after the sale, you might miss the saving if there is one.  I called 1-800-556-8209 and only waited 20 mins or so.  I gave up on the Captains Club number after waiting 2 hours.  Good luck.

I already received the sale pricing on the veranda (the aqua class has not dropped even close to the original price from 2019). The B2B link is what they could not do, and that will give an additional discount for each booking that is not related to the sale. I will try going through the TA for that after the sale in the hope that they will not be as busy and someone more knowledgeable at Celebrity will be available to help.

I also think the statement that because the OP is moving cabin categories they are not on a B2B is hogwash. We book Aqua, Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites.  And we rarely do anything less than a B2B.  We've moved between Aqua and Suites a number of times, and always have had the B2B discount applied.

• Like 1