If you could only travel one more time where would you go?

1 hour ago, Thecat123 said:

NSWP just do it

Tell your son you are spending his inheritance if he doent give you a free ride 😀

As one gets older one finds it harder to get in and out of zodiacs even though the cruise we did with Seabourn the crew were very good helping people with disabilities enabling them to get ashore of which I would presume the same would be with your son. Photos do not do Antarctica justice. You have to get off to talk to Happy Feet

I can be Assistant Tour Director and help out in the bar, that is worth 50% discount on the ticket, lol. Thanks for your post, gives me motivation.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Mary229 said:

Great topic. I would sail somewhere in the North Atlantic, the Canadian maritimes or Norway would do nicely.   I love the icebergs at sea and the hiking onshore.  And I haven’t yet seen a puffin😠

Puffins are worth it🤗. We saw them in Iceland on the Latrabjarg cliffs. There were so many of them and they were so docile you didn't need any zoom to photograph them, they were close enough to pet and some attempted but there was a ranger always watching and would yell out if it looked like someone's hand was getting too close😂.

• Like 1

Cuba for me ... but on a cruise.  Sailing out of Oz across the Tasman - eventually through the Panama Canal and on to Cuba.  Nope no way will I fly to the US to get there.  Just think ... Havana - a ride in those 'classic' cars, is 'Sloppy Joe's' still there?  And the music!  Buena Vista Social Club stuff - dance,  drinkin' rum and coca cola, gosh, I might even have a go at a Cuban cigar!!!!  I know that Cuba's infrastructure is pretty much falling down, but it's a country that has always fascinated me. 

So one last trip ... Cuba Libre for me!

Edited by LC1950
Typo *sigh*
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, LC1950 said:

Cuba for me ... but on a cruise.  Sailing out of Oz across the Tasman - eventually through the Panama Canal and on to Cuba.  Nope no way will I fly to the US to get there.  Just think ... Havana - a ride in those 'classic' cars, is 'Sloppy Joe's' still there?  And the music!  Buena Vista Social Club stuff - dance,  drinkin' rum and coca cola, gosh, I might even have a go at a Cuban cigar!!!!  I know that Cuba's infrastructure is pretty much falling down, but it's a country that has always fascinated me. 

I'm not sure whether you can do it complete by ship from Oz. Do your trip via Canada we are not all bent out of shape about Cuba like the US is. Canadians have been traveling to and from Cuba for over 40 years.

54 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I'm not sure whether you can do it complete by ship from Oz. Do your trip via Canada we are not all bent out of shape about Cuba like the US is. Canadians have been traveling to and from Cuba for over 40 years.

Or Europe, apparently lots of Europeans visit Cuba every year😂. Italy even built some tourist shopping centre in Havana. 

18 hours ago, LC1950 said:

A colleague of mine went to Cuba prior to the borders shutting and he said it was one of the most fascinating countries he's ever been to. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Mmmm, I've always wanted to visit Canada too.  Thanks for the suggestion Lyle.

Joanna Lumley did a "Hidden Caribbean" series where she visited Cuba and Haiti which was shown on the ABC here in Oz.  It was very interesting but I think it's no longer available on iView unfortunately.

• Like 2