Anyone on the Splendor sailing out of Southampton?

BNguy

Sir, we did have great day in your fair city. Traditional Irish music at McHugh’s with a pint of Belfast lager and then some awesome step dancing by Jason. Beautiful sun on our veranda at four which may be the only time we are on the veranda this trip. Thanks for having us and Ireland Forever.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, kmcqueen said:

I was just wondering if somebody who is on this sailing could ask Kasia and Boogie how long their contact is?  My wife and I are hoping they will still be on the Splendor when we sail next March.

Thanks!

Boogie and Kasia are on the ship into April. Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

Not many playing craps but limits are 5.00/300.00. We’ve played nightly but the most we’ve had at the table is 4 people. They will allow more….. just no one is really playing. It’s been fun, but miss the crowd and the energy with more players.

There have been too many people on the tour buses. Many people refuse to wear their masks or they don’t have their noses covered. Some of our small group tours were canceled and we were put with a big group. Not happy about that due to Covid.

The crew has been great!

Our issue is the masks not being worn when required. 

• Like 1

Thank you MrStanley.  I am still unsure of what the full mask policy is.  I know they are required in indoor areas if not eating or drinking.  But what are the outdoor requirements on the ship.  Do they have to be worn around the pool for example? Are they required if walking laps on the exercise track?  Thanks in advance to anyone who can elaborate.

39 minutes ago, mrstanley said:

There have been too many people on the tour buses. Many people refuse to wear their masks or they don’t have their noses covered. Some of our small group tours were canceled and we were put with a big group. Not happy about that due to Covid.

The crew has been great!

Our issue is the masks not being worn when required. 

I agree!   One man on our tour this AM (Liverpool) wouldn’t wear his mask on the bus and he has a slight cough.  So rude!

1 minute ago, DatawCruiser said:

Thank you MrStanley.  I am still unsure of what the full mask policy is.  I know they are required in indoor areas if not eating or drinking.  But what are the outdoor requirements on the ship.  Do they have to be worn around the pool for example? Are they required if walking laps on the exercise track?  Thanks in advance to anyone who can elaborate.

Not necessary when walking the outdoor walking deck, but need to wear if at the Pool Grill or if going from one end of the pool deck to another.  

4 minutes ago, Smbruner said:

I agree!   One man on our tour this AM (Liverpool) wouldn’t wear his mask on the bus and he has a slight cough.  So rude!

It's been my experience that a member of the crew is on the tours. Why are they not proactive on the masks if that the policy?

3 minutes ago, Dwtlion said:

It's been my experience that a member of the crew is on the tours. Why are they not proactive on the masks if that the policy?

So far on each tour we’ve had no crew members have been with us.   Maybe a dancer in Edinburgh but that’s it.  

As of 30 seconds ago, this is the written policy from Regent on their website.

Are face coverings required?
Our cruises will operate with 100% vaccination of guests and crew and therefore face coverings are generally not required, subject to local oversight of authorities in the jurisdiction(s) in which the ships are sailing. At this time for sailings in Europe, including the UK, we require all guests to wear masks onboard while indoors except for when actively eating or drinking or when in their stateroom or suite. Guests will be required to wear masks outdoors when social distancing is not possible. We will continue to update our face coverings policy as protocols evolve and change.

What happens if I don’t comply with health and safety requirements?
All guests and crew are required to comply with our health and safety requirements to protect everyone on board, at the terminal and at destinations we visit. Individuals who do not comply with requirements will be denied boarding or disembarked from the cruise.

I was told by management that they can’t have a crew member on every excursion.

We have only had one excursion with a crew member.

Doesn’t matter what the policy may be. People don’t comply. I had to sit behind 2 people on the bus today who didn’t comply even after the tour guide made an announcement. 

I’ve seen a woman just wearing a plastic face shield … no mask. I’ve seen her several times. 

We did the Ardgowan House and Bagpipe workshop. Was supposed to be a small group. That was cancelled and it was a big group. Way too many people to be in the designated tour rooms in the house. Impossible to have social distanced. People removed their masks, 

touched the food during the tea break and had to be crammed in a room to be instructed on blowing into a pipe. Crazy!!

Who knew where these pipes came from and if they were clean. 

Thank goodness a person from management was actually on this tour.

Lots of reporting back on this. 

• Haha 1

I'm curious what management is saying when these incidents are reported.  (I hope these incidents are being reported.)  Management should make an effort to determine who is not following the mandates and deal directly with those who don't comply with mask requirements, etc.  Ignoring violations simply encourages others to think that the rules are not really meant to be enforced.  Also, management needs to be very clear with tour operators about Covid distancing and adherence to Covid protocols.  If Regent can't or won't enforce proper Covid restrictions, then  Regent shouldn't be sailing.  

I take no position as to the wisdom of requiring masks for vaccinated passengers.  I do take a position as to whether or not rules should be enforced- I am in favor of it.

mrstanley and Smbruner, do you think it would be helpful to  bring  it to the attention of the tour guide when local rules are being broken?  I know that tour guides do not wish to act as police, (nor should they), but perhaps frequent announcements may help.

• Like 1

The fact that all Small Group Excursions have been cancelled on the current cruise, and those on it have been added to the big bus experience does not make me happy. I've already paid twice for the SG excursions twice now for our trip which was originally 2021, and is now 2022.

On our last cruise, we had our fill of the big bus cruises, with many  people having viral pneumonia, the flu, and possibly even Covid since it was Dec 19 to Jan 2020 in SE Asia and Australia. Many of them coughed controllably on the buses so I was hoping for masks of SG's this time.

Added to that, on the big bus excursions, we had those with mobility problems who arrived last, sat in the front rows, and expected the bus driver to help them on and off the bus. They also expected to get off the bus first, delaying everyone else. On an excursion with many stops, this resulted in arriving back at the ship as much as 90 minutes later than expected. Specialty restaurant reservations were lost.

At this point, I think we made the right decision for us to postpone until next year. I hope things improve by then. But, we have had this cruise booked since before Covid, and early this year, we were certain September 2021 would be back to normal.

We were on a bus yesterday.

The tour guide made an announcement regarding wearing your mask.

There were many who didn’t comply.

She didn’t walk the aisle to check as I don’t blame her. I’m sure she didn’t want to confront anyone.

2 other couples we r with are reporting the same things on their tours.

As much as I didn’t like the test-everyone-every-day policy on Viking, the one thing it did was put the fear of God in everyone about wearing their masks on the bus. And, as a side peer-pressure element, when we cruised in August on Viking in Iceland, the Icelandic government imposed a rule that anyone on a bus (no matter where you were sitting) where someone subsequently tested positive was considered a “close contact” and had to be quarantined for the rest of the cruise.  Everyone wore their masks. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mrstanley said:

We were on a bus yesterday.

The tour guide made an announcement regarding wearing your mask.

There were many who didn’t comply.

She didn’t walk the aisle to check as I don’t blame her. I’m sure she didn’t want to confront anyone.

2 other couples we r with are reporting the same things on their tours.

I'm following this thread to see how Regent deals with their CoVid enforcements to see if I want to cancel my Explorer Holiday cruise or not. So far, it's not real encouraging. I'd like them to make an example of someone to put teeth into their policy and to make assurances to prospective guests. Actions speak louder than words.

• Like 2

We were on an excursion today.

Fortunately only 14 on the bus.

My friend got up and moved due to 2 people not wearing masks.

The tour guide made an announcement about wearing your mask and using your seatbelt.

The gray masks that Regent provided to all guests won’t do much.

They are just some cotton/synthetic without a filter. Says REGENT on it.

I have seen passengers wearing KN95

masks and 3 ply surgical masks.

Lots of guests with their noses exposed.

When there are no consequences for not adhering to polices people just do as they please.

We are hoping to get home without any Covid related issues.

• Like 3