Optum Delay? Says EMED GOES THRU THEM?

DanBoy

Ok.. Even more stress. I ordered  the 3 pack of Binax Proctored test through Optum Tues Sept 7. Said expedited shipping with Fedex. Email received on Sept 8 from Optum saying order was being shipped. I cannot get any updates since the  then with Fedex. I called Optum just a while ago (Sunday Sept 12) He said  Can't find any updates either. I said I am cruising on the 27th and I need to know if I am getting this or should I cancel and just order from EMED instead. He said "Oh, EMED has to go thru us anyway".. I don't know if that is true. He said they will resubmit the order and I will have it by the 24th!.. I said that is really cutting it close. Yada yada yada.. what happened to "expedited" shipping?.. and if Emed goes through you why do they charge an extra 17  for shipping.. So I guess I will wait til tomorrow or no later than Tuesday to get confirmation.. If nothing by then I will probably cancel the order and go directly to EMED website..  It seems  some of my Walgreens now have the Rapid test but you can only book appoitment about 2 days out.. I tell you looks more and more like this cruise may not happen.. Anyone have recent experience with Optum/EMed??

3 hours ago, DanBoy said:

Ok.. Even more stress. I ordered  the 3 pack of Binax Proctored test through Optum Tues Sept 7. Said expedited shipping with Fedex. Email received on Sept 8 from Optum saying order was being shipped. I cannot get any updates since the  then with Fedex. I called Optum just a while ago (Sunday Sept 12) He said  Can't find any updates either. I said I am cruising on the 27th and I need to know if I am getting this or should I cancel and just order from EMED instead. He said "Oh, EMED has to go thru us anyway".. I don't know if that is true. He said they will resubmit the order and I will have it by the 24th!.. I said that is really cutting it close. Yada yada yada.. what happened to "expedited" shipping?.. and if Emed goes through you why do they charge an extra 17  for shipping.. So I guess I will wait til tomorrow or no later than Tuesday to get confirmation.. If nothing by then I will probably cancel the order and go directly to EMED website..  It seems  some of my Walgreens now have the Rapid test but you can only book appoitment about 2 days out.. I tell you looks more and more like this cruise may not happen.. Anyone have recent experience with Optum/EMed??

We got ours from eMed without expedited shipping in 4 days.

I orded from eMed 9/9/21 at 8:36pm CT. The only shipping option I was given was $14.63 for FedEx Overnight.  The shipment facts specify weekday delivery and Saturday pickup.  It left the FedEx origin facility in Memphis on 9/11/21 at 9:13pm CT.  It is scheduled to arrive 9/13/21 by 8:00pm.  That is nowhere near overnight.

Maybe you got a different email than I did from Optum, because my email had a Track Your Package bubble to click. I could see the full tracking on it until it reached my door. In fact, I saw it sitting at a FedEx facility about 10 miles away for 4 days (over Labor Day weekend).

Edited by crzndeb

I did get the Same email.. But mine never gets updated.. and that has been since Wednesday.. only shipping label created.. and puzzled why the optum agent said they couldn't track it either.. Plus the fact he said they are ordering a new one.. But why would it take til the 25th to get here?.. I will wait til tomorrow.. if I don't get a new email from optum.. I will cancel and order from EMED.. I am not quite buying what he said about "Oh Emed has to go thru us anyway"... Hmmmm

Ordered a 3 pack from Optum 2 days after you did.  Tracking it on Fedex.  It was picked up in Hayward, CA yesterday, is now in Memphis, and scheduled for delivery tomorrow.  They must have messed up your order.  You still should have plenty of time with your reorder.

• Like 1

I am still waiting for my emed order that I placed Sept. 8.  It was to be delivered by FedEx on

Sept. 10.  When I checked status late that day using my tracking number, it took me to FedEx which said POTENTIALLY DELAYED.   An update was added yesterday (Saturday 9/11) that said it has at least arrived in Houston where I live.  Hoping it comes tomorrow.  I don’t need it until next month, but it would be peace of mind to have it.   

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, CarolSW said:

I am still waiting for my emed order that I placed Sept. 8.  It was to be delivered by FedEx on

Sept. 10.  When I checked status late that day using my tracking number, it took me to FedEx which said POTENTIALLY DELAYED.   An update was added yesterday (Saturday 9/11) that said it has at least arrived in Houston where I live.  Hoping it comes tomorrow.  I don’t need it until next month, but it would be peace of mind to have it.   

We ordered ours late 9/8. It is now in Houston and scheduled for delivery tomorrow 

• Thanks 1

The first time I ordered from Optum I placed the order Saturday before labor day.  It got here Tuesday.  I never tried to track the package.  I just ordered more yesterday.  It said it shipped today and I just checked the email and there is no info on the tracking link.  Maybe because it just shipped today?  Its supposed to be here Monday or Tuesday.  

12 hours ago, DanBoy said:

Emed does not go through Optum. Emed is the company who provides the proctored testing and lab results. The order screen with Optum specifically says “This test combined with emeds telehealth services and emeds lab results…”

88805C24-104F-4128-B225-54175AA87BB7.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clarasgrandma said:

Can any of you who received tests tell me what the expiration date is on them? E are wondering if we ordered now they would be good fir our January 15th cruise….

Mine expired in October but there is information on Emed's site that the expiration was extended, mine are now good through February.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tiger0613 said:

I orded from eMed 9/9/21 at 8:36pm CT. The only shipping option I was given was $14.63 for FedEx Overnight.  The shipment facts specify weekday delivery and Saturday pickup.  It left the FedEx origin facility in Memphis on 9/11/21 at 9:13pm CT.  It is scheduled to arrive 9/13/21 by 8:00pm.  That is nowhere near overnight.

It went out on a Saturday night.  You paid for overnight delivery from FedEx, not overnight from the original location.  You have to pay extra to overnight for Sunday delivery, so arriving on Monday by 800 pm would in fact be considered overnight shipping.

3 hours ago, Clarasgrandma said:

Can any of you who received tests tell me what the expiration date is on them? E are wondering if we ordered now they would be good fir our January 15th cruise….

No one knows what the official protocols are going to be for January.  Once they are announced, I would then worry about it.

7 hours ago, simmingdenise said:

Emed does not go through Optum. Emed is the company who provides the proctored testing and lab results. The order screen with Optum specifically says “This test combined with emeds telehealth services and emeds lab results…”

88805C24-104F-4128-B225-54175AA87BB7.png

Yeah.. I didn;t think EMED had to pass thru Optum.. this guy either lied or didn't know what he was talking about. He made that statement when I said I should probably cancel the order .. I will wait through today, and if I get no solid confirmation I will cancel and order the six pack from EMed.. Not happy with Optum

My experience directly from eMed was ordered on Tuesday, approved before 6pm, missed the next day delivery window I guess. I received it on Thursday. Very fast, no issues. I ordered a pair of shoes Monday last week for 2nd day FedEx. Should have been to me on Wednesday. I received them yesterday. FedEx is horrible at the moment.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

It went out on a Saturday night.  You paid for overnight delivery from FedEx, not overnight from the original location.  You have to pay extra to overnight for Sunday delivery, so arriving on Monday by 800 pm would in fact be considered overnight shipping.

Since I ordered late on Thursday, the order wasn't processed until Friday.  Saturday delivery would be overnight.  eMed specifically chose weekday delivery when the could have chosen Saturday delivery.

It didn't leave Memphis until 10:25pm CT on Sunday.  It sat there in Memphis for nearly 25 hours.  It hasn't even arrived in Baton Rouge yet.  It isn't going to make it to me in the next 4 hours.

Edited by Tiger0613