How do they know onboard?

5waldos

Since I would guess that the majority of passengers opt into the all included fares, how do they determine onboard that in fact you are? Gratuity and wifi is easy but drinks? Are you carded every time you order something? How does this work?

1 minute ago, RichYak said:

Despite Celebrity's marketing, it's not at all AI as far as drinks are concerned.

Do you mean it is not AI as some others wish it to be defined vs how X defines it?

X is very clear, IMO, what is meant and included in their version of AI, truth be known, it is not that far different (alcohol inclusions) than other lines who have 'programs' under which passengers have the opportunity to 'up grade' their beverage options.

Cheers and bon voyage

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Do you mean it is not AI as some others wish it to be defined vs how X defines it?

Yes. AI on X is "Always Included" and is followed by the service mark. If you read past the bold print, you may find it well defined.

Those who are familiar with AI resorts know the acronym as "all inclusive". Similar, but easily mistaken as the same, until one has to pay up the first time for that expensive cocktail on X. 🤣

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Yes. AI on X is "Always Included" and is followed by the service mark. If you read past the bold print, you may find it well defined.

Those who are familiar with AI resorts know the acronym as "all inclusive". Similar, but easily mistaken as the same, until one has to pay up the first time for that expensive cocktail on X. 🤣

Very true about the 'expensive cocktail' yet many previous passengers know the deal on that and most bartenders will advise before pouring and billing.... the difference in pricing based on package and full cost if no package.

Most of the cocktail menus have pricing right there, so were we not to know the up-charge or full charge and did not ask, hey I say order a few more to get over it... LOL

bon voyage

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

That's what we got on Summit. They wrote it down. Once they got to know us, they even quit asking. 

d - you were parked at the bar so they got to know you... LOL

We have found likewise...

cheers and bon voyage

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, harbormaster said:

A bit OT but does anyone know if a single malt scotch is included in the classic package? Thanks.

No, there is an Aberfeldy 12 on the Premium list though, also single malts from Glenfiddich & Macallan.

2 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Very true about the 'expensive cocktail' yet many previous passengers know the deal on that and most bartenders will advise before pouring and billing.... the difference in pricing based on package and full cost if no package.. LOL

bon voyage

Many previous passengers know the deal? 

How many times have deals changed over the past years.

How many passengers remember what the packages were?

How many passengers asked questions about the packages on this forum daily. I've and over. 

Classic - How many drinks/ wines are $9 or under?

No such thing as 'we should know,  when even Bar personnel don't even know it all. MO!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bo1953 said:
3 hours ago, DCPIV said:

That's what we got on Summit. They wrote it down. Once they got to know us, they even quit asking. 

d - you were parked at the bar so they got to know you... LOL

Something like that. 👍 

2 hours ago, harbormaster said:

A bit OT but does anyone know if a single malt scotch is included in the classic package? Thanks.

I think all the single malts were on the premium (and a few of my faves still were a couple bucks upcharge from that). Honestly, though, I didn't pay that close attention. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Oxo said:

Many previous passengers know the deal? 

How many times have deals changed over the past years.

How many passengers remember what the packages were?

How many passengers asked questions about the packages on this forum daily. I've and over. 

Classic - How many drinks/ wines are $9 or under?

No such thing as 'we should know,  when even Bar personnel don't even know it all. MO!

Those of us who have sailed and have sailed X in, at least, the last four (4) years under the current iteration of the beverage packages and costs and policies know what the 'current' approach is.

The basics are: there are two (2) different foundational beverage packages available, essentially un-changed in the last five (5) or so years, with the exception of the times it is now included in AI or suite fare, with the exception of passengers who use/purchase a fare which does not include beverage packages.

I believe that most posters who ask here about the BP's are new to sailing X or need a refresher which is also at X's website, as it is easier to ask here than to look in the CP or read the FAQ's. Yes, there are some important features not at the website like upgrade costs from CBP to PBP, that sorts itself out upon purchase either in the CP or on-board often times.

The basic answer to the question(s) about variety and price limits, the variety changes often and a sample of the menus are at X's website OR we can ask someone currently sailing to post a photo of any list available... That is fair.

Yes, we (past passengers) should know the limits of each package and/or that any beverage cost over the selected package limit is the difference plus gratuity.

Now, where there are 'major' beverage package changes (real or rumoured), CC will be abuzz so there is no missing it for those of us who have sailed in the last five (5) years AND frequent CC. True or not???

At any rate, cheers and bon voyage

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Those of us who have sailed and have sailed X in, at least, the last four (4) years under the current iteration of the beverage packages and costs and policies know what the 'current' approach is.

The basics are: there are two (2) different foundational beverage packages available, essentially un-changed in the last five (5) or so years, with the exception of the times it is now included in AI or suite fare, with the exception of passengers who use/purchase a fare which does not include beverage packages.

I believe that most posters who ask here about the BP's are new to sailing X or need a refresher which is also at X's website, as it is easier to ask here than to look in the CP or read the FAQ's. Yes, there are some important features not at the website like upgrade costs from CBP to PBP, that sorts itself out upon purchase either in the CP or on-board often times.

The basic answer to the question(s) about variety and price limits, the variety changes often and a sample of the menus are at X's website OR we can ask someone currently sailing to post a photo of any list available... That is fair.

Yes, we (past passengers) should know the limits of each package and/or that any beverage cost over the selected package limit is the difference plus gratuity.

Now, where there are 'major' beverage package changes (real or rumoured), CC will be abuzz so there is no missing it for those of us who have sailed in the last five (5) years AND frequent CC. True or not???

At any rate, cheers and bon voyage

We have sailed Celebrity since 1994. Our first was on the Zenith. Sep 94.

We are Elite+ and we were on the Edge Feb 2020 which was our last cruise before C19. We were on the Edge last week as our first cruise back.

I guess that I fit your 1st description of:

I know the basics of the two pkgs, too.

No need to quantify or qualify anything else. 

So as you say - Cheers & Bon Voyage!

• Thanks 1