Equinox 9/17 LIVE BLOG; Aqua Class - 1st Time Celebrity! Let’s Cruise!

TravelBluebird

14 minutes ago, TravelBluebird said:

Hey Jim and Toni!

We had a great time meeting you both as well! No worries on the diving; it was so nice of you to try to include Russ, and he had a good diving experience in Aruba, plus snorkeling off the sailboat in Bonaire. And my Willemstadt photos turned out very nice; I have posted a few, I may add a few more to this thread.

Please hijack my thread and post the videos here; I can’t wait to see them! No hijacking at all; video is the one thing I always forget to do while writing and taking photos!

Glad your sinus infection has mostly cleared up! Sorry you had to be the Cruise Critic guinea pig for how a trip to Medical at 3AM went. 

Already looking forward to our next Celebrity trip...we keep checking those Celebrity e-mail promotions and offers in case an offer too good to pass up comes our way!

Thank you! Here is DAY ONE...

• Like 3

8 hours ago, SonuvaBeach said:

Thank you! Here is DAY ONE...

That was great! Loved the sail away photos; such a great memory of being at the Sunset Bar, and meeting you and Toni and Doug and Sue, and the frozen mojitos, and the getting trapped by the rain showers! 

On 10/1/2021 at 10:18 PM, TravelBluebird said:

That was great! Loved the sail away photos; such a great memory of being at the Sunset Bar, and meeting you and Toni and Doug and Sue, and the frozen mojitos, and the getting trapped by the rain showers! 

We also really enjoyed spending time with you, Russ, Toni and Jim.  Finding seats at the bar during the downpour was perfect!  I can't think of a better place to get "trapped".  lol

I looked at the web sight for the Bonaire excursion you did.  That’s exactly what we want to do, but can’t fine the specific tour you did.  Help, please?  And thank you so much for your blog, we’re on the Equinox at the end of the month after a 2 year cruise absence….appreciate all the info. 

2 hours ago, SonuvaBeach said:

Day 4...the first day in Aruba..sunrises, Arashi Beach, lovely sunsets

Hi. I am so impressed. After reading Travelbirds, Jim_Iain, and Jam's writings of their travel logs, I thought I was ready to travel, but, your amazing camera work telling the story is over the top. Thank you so much for the time and effort to give us an truly wonderful view of your cruise. Can't wait to finish the videos 

Jerry

18 minutes ago, 2Martinisluvcruzin said:

Hi. I am so impressed. After reading Travelbirds, Jim_Iain, and Jam's writings of their travel logs, I thought I was ready to travel, but, your amazing camera work telling the story is over the top. Thank you so much for the time and effort to give us an truly wonderful view of your cruise. Can't wait to finish the videos 

Jerry

I am glad you like them, and thank you for the compliments!  Day 5 coming soon, but I think the best videos will be on Curacao and Bonaire! Stay tuned!

6 hours ago, SonuvaBeach said:

Day 4...the first day in Aruba..sunrises, Arashi Beach, lovely sunsets

Thanks for the memories!  We enjoyed seeing you again.  I really need to get up earlier next time to see some sunrises.  Do you recommend Arashi Beach for snorkeling?  We'll be spending Feb in Aruba so I'm looking for places to go.  

Sue

2 hours ago, MartinsCruise said:

Thanks for the memories!  We enjoyed seeing you again.  I really need to get up earlier next time to see some sunrises.  Do you recommend Arashi Beach for snorkeling?  We'll be spending Feb in Aruba so I'm looking for places to go.  

Sue

Toni and I enjoyed meeting you again and spending some time with you! The sunrises and sunsets were, when there were any, quite spectacular.

BUT I would skip snorkeling in Aruba, unless you are going off a boat...The snorkeling at Arashi was NOT very good, but the beach was really nice, and the bus ride was only $2.62. The cab drivers were charging $26 each way...quite a lot for a 25 minute ride, and the bus was empty. Just nearby is Malmot Beach...better  snorkeling there!

I have looked at some of your videos again and your wife looks so familiar to me.  I think we must have met you on a cruise somewhere but we haven't sailed since the Eclipse in South America 2020, one of the last cruises that sailed before COViD took over.

Edited by TeaBag

7 hours ago, TeaBag said:

I have looked at some of your videos again and your wife looks so familiar to me.  I think we must have met you on a cruise somewhere but we haven't sailed since the Eclipse in South America 2020, one of the last cruises that sailed before COViD took over.

That seems to be the story of my cruise video life. On ships, people often recognize Toni  and approach her in lounges and corridors and elevators and at the pool to tell her how much they liked HER videos!!! I. on the other hand, never get recognized or given any credit...😕

This was our first cruise since 2019. This  was actually the first time we left Connecticut since  November, 2019! It was really wonderful to get on a ship again!

Edited by SonuvaBeach

On 9/16/2021 at 9:22 PM, TravelBluebird said:

Made it! No picture cause we are aisle and middle WAY back in the plane; got here during boarding. YAY! Thanks for all your encouragement  — its already been a LONG day.   

Planning for dinner at The Indian Harbor; we are a WEE bit hangry; were planning to have brunch/lunch at the airport!

Phew! Wow!

I have just started following your thread and already I need to have a stiff drink!

Of course, the stress of such a drive to your airport was so high that nearly anything now will be a chill.