Liberty Cayman Islands Replacement

mrlevin

Still no word from RCI regarding Cayman Islands.  Initially I thought they would replace Cayman Islands with Costa Maya or Belize; however, I am not sure if the transit times would work.  Any thoughts of possible replacement?  If they just cancel Cayman Islands and replace with sea day, will RCI give us shipboard credit in lieu of refund of port fees and taxes for Cayman Islands?

thanks,

Marc

8 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Still no word from RCI regarding Cayman Islands.  Initially I thought they would replace Cayman Islands with Costa Maya or Belize; however, I am not sure if the transit times would work.  Any thoughts of possible replacement?  If they just cancel Cayman Islands and replace with sea day, will RCI give us shipboard credit in lieu of refund of port fees and taxes for Cayman Islands?

thanks,

Marc

The prevailing unofficial thought is the entire itinerary will be swapped for Cozumel, Costa Maya, Roatan

Thanks; wife not going to be pleased as Jamaica will remain one of the few countries that I have been to and she has not been to.  And, I would prefer shipboard credit rather than go to both Cozumel and Costa Maya.

At least I will get my Dunn's River Falls excursion refunded.  😃

Thanks for the insight!

Marc

Yep, we're still waiting for the 10/31 itinerary to update.  Not sure what the hold up is - they announced the Roatan itinerary for the 10/17 sailing two months ago.  We all know Cayman isn't happening and I sure would like to get our excursions booked. They actually still allow you to purchase shore excursions for Cayman which is the height of stupidity - they are just creating more work for themselves when they have to cancel all of them and credit the people who don't do their research on the itinerary.  Not everyone is an experienced cruiser.  I'm checking every day!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just checked the Liberty is scheduled for 7 cruises to the Caymans this year starting October 31.  We are booked on a Carnival cruise mid November that was scheduled for the Caymans and Jamaica.  Carnival has changed it to Cozumel, Mahogany Bay (Roatan) and Belize some time ago (without notifying us☹️).  Carnival seems to have already adjusted their itineraries so why hasn't RCL?  Seems a disservice to those who booked wanting to go to either Caymans or Jamaica particularly those who have already booked excursions in those ports.  Luckily our next three cruises on Liberty are all destined for the Cozumel-Roatan-Puerto Costa Maya destinations.  

I just received an email from Royal, with itinerary change for my February 2022 Liberty cruise. 

Dear Guest,

The government of Grand Cayman is not accepting cruise ships so, we’ve replaced George Town with Roatan, Honduras. Regrettably, this impacts our visit to Falmouth, Jamaica because of its distance from Honduras. Instead, we’ll visit Costa Maya, Mexico. We know how much time and effort go into planning your vacation, and we’re sorry for any inconvenience caused by this. We’re excited to take you to new ports and know you’ll have an excellent time! Below, please find our revised Liberty of the Seas  itinerary.

Day Port of Call Arrive Depart
Sun Galveston, Texas   4:00 PM
Mon Cruising    
Tue Cozumel, Mexico 7:00 AM 6:00 PM
Wed Roatan, Honduras 8:00 AM 5:00 PM
Thu Costa Maya, Mexico 8:00 AM 5:00 PM
Fri Cruising    
Sat Cruising    
Sun Galveston, Texas 6:30 AM  

It was nice to receive the notice so far out. 

Edited by BSocial

7 hours ago, AustinCruise said:

Nov 21 liberty is still showing cayman. Are they working backwards?

I still havent gotten a letter. It was posted by someone on my roll call for march 27 and then removed is why I questioned the letter. Then later someone else posted the same letter.

Those getting these letters seem very selective. .. though rcl has been the worst about sending me emails. I've had to find out here on cc I'm cancelled. Maybe my ta gets them and so rcl doesnt send them to me.

My TA just forwarded my letter, so I guess its official. March 27 liberty is changed.

Edited by firefly333

Liberty sailing for November 14 is officially changed.

As part of the guidance received from the CDC, we’ve implemented new boarding protocols and as a result, we’ll need extra time for check-in. We’ll depart from Galveston, Texas at 5:00 PM, instead of 4:00 PM. Separately, the government of Grand Cayman is not accepting cruise ships so, we’ve replaced George Town with Costa Maya, Mexico. Regrettably, this impacts our visit to Falmouth, Jamaica because of its distance from Mexico. Instead, we’ll visit Roatan, Honduras. We know how much time and effort go into planning your vacation, and we’re sorry for any inconvenience caused by this. We’re excited to take you to new ports and know you’ll have an excellent time! Below, please find our revised Liberty of the Seas itinerary.

Day Port of Call Arrive Depart
Sun Galveston, Texas   5:00 PM
Mon Cruising    
Tue Cozumel, Mexico 9:00 AM 6:00 PM
Wed Costa Maya, Mexico 8:00 AM 5:00 PM
Thu Roatan, Honduras 8:00 AM 5:00 PM
Fri Cruising    
Sat Cruising    
Sun Galveston, Texas 6:30 AM